Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #221
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Just to add fuel to the fire, on RC monster, when a castle tech was asked if the ESC you were developing with axial could handle 3s, they said which one the brushed or the brushless. However there have been no further comments.

Kieren
That was me who asked and Patrick at CC went silent on me. He is usually spot on with responding in my previous experience with him. Don't know what it means but if this thing is BL that would be slick.

Either way I am very impressed and Kudos Axial! Forget all the whiners and naysayers.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #222
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Loading it up with VP and Castle products will just drive the price up more. Stick with the basics. Kit version would be great. RTR ehh depends on what its packed with. COG on it looks to be kinda high.
Really? looks fine to me. My truck is higher than that. Buit like most things in RC. We buy it and sell off all the things we dont want, and then upgrade it how we want. Take it for what it is. Something new.
Quote:
but it might not have a motor in it or electronics, but shorter shocks would be great. but this is just a proto type could still be in testing phases with shocks and motors i expect the final product to be a bit differant than this. Maybe they leaked the photo themselfs to get an Idea of what people want to see...

lets see...King of the Hammers, Phone camera, internet. Probably not how they wanted it to get out, but if they wanted it to leak. They would of just posted it themselves., Its most likely already in production. Chances are they are making sure they are well stocked for the release. When the Honcho came out, it was a real bear for anyone to keep it in stock. I was on the list with RPP for about 2 months.

also 45 days is that just when they are going to accknowlege this rig and still have a 5-6 month waiting period befor its avalible to purchase?
Its always like this for several products in RC and is a good business model. The RCX show is coming up and that is the big deal show stopper of new products. I believe the Honcho was made available right after the show.

Quote:
Possibly, Looks like you might be able to have a stick pack under the hood. if not 3 up front 3 in the rear, make a saddle pack. there has to be a battery tray, there was one on the XR10
My god, People.... LIPO. How long have they been out and you can get em cheap. The XR10 is a Comp truck, Not a scaler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorboyrc77 View Post
The xr10 does have a battery tray but show me one with a stick pack in it. Im sure you could figure out a way to run one if you wanted to bad enough.
This does bring up a good point though. It needs a battery tray big enough for a decent size battery for scale trail rides. Something like a 3s 4000mah so we can get a good hour of run time. But make it so it is easy to remove for a smaller battery if we want to comp with it
This is crawling, not shortcourse or 1/10th buggy. and no one is gonna buy a truck intended for KOH/TTC style runs and go trail riding with it. Look, pretty simple if you have followed Axial.
First they made a 1.9 Class 1 truck. The TR Dingo.
Then they made a class 2 truck, The TR Honcho.
It was time they jumped in with a class 3 truck. I will name it
The XtremeTerrain OHV or The TR Checkpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTRUX View Post
Wonder what motor it could have? Hmmm. Looks like a dune buggy and crawler combined
Go on google and search King of The hammers. then watch the video's on You tube. Then go buy Toyofast's video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokers_toys View Post
I for one wish it would drop fast!!
I am fixing to start building a new rig and if this was out i might just go with this instead!!
It has the looks that i really like. hurry and drop it soon

before i drop all that cash on parts
I would say this will probably be released around Late march, Mid April.. Maybe later. thats just how Axial has been in the past with their other RC's

Last edited by team3six; 02-16-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:01 PM   #223
Pebble Pounder

I hope this rig happens. If no new axles I would wait to buy the chassis and other parts insted of a kit or rtr. Im not picky on brushed or brushless, but I hate stock electronics and I do not want another radio. I prefer to get into a new rig as cheap as possible. I dont know too many who dont have extra motors and such lying around to be used. I like to add optional/upgraded parts and personal touches as well.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #224
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
This is crawling, not shortcourse or 1/10th buggy. and no one is gonna buy a truck intended for KOH/TTC style runs and go trail riding with it.

Why the hell wont they??? We do it all the time now I cant imagine a RTR truck would change that.

Last edited by sloppy; 02-16-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #225
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Why the hell wont they??? We do it all the time now I can imagine a RTR truck would change that.
You guys dont count.,. you influence evil.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You guys dont count.,. you influence evil.
Fair enough..

a KOH style run that's less then a hour just seems like a fail to me
Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #227
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Fair enough..

a KOH style run that's less then a hour just seems like a fail to me
I agree, it should be a day long event.
Your still Evil
Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 PM   #228
Try to Bend it

One Letter One Number

G6
Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #229
Rock Crawler

well reading this thread with the newer post in it, and the pics. I think it might hurt in the pocket for me. if an average person can get into a scale looking rig is a good deal. but for me man this is going to suck.

but I think axial is always in the front of the pack with their scale rigs, not to say that a hilift or tundra rig is a bad thing, but they put a different body on the same platform. when a totlly new design comes out is allways is a good thing. need to produce more of this stuff to get more people into crawling. scale is always a good thing to do. you can always use the parts to build a comp rig out of it if it don't work

but don't get me wrong I'm all about running scale trucks, makes ya a better driver. go from a comp rig to a scaler can't do it, now go from a scaler to a comp rig no biggy. so I think axial needs to come out with this. how long as the ax10 been out, and how long has the scx10 been out. and witch one have axial sold the most of. in the same time fram, so I think axial and all the guys that are part of their team know's what is going on. so I hope they do come out with this ARTR or RTR or kit no big think with me, just nice to see new things
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #230
Looking for new Trails

I can say this there are a TON of Honcho's out there you can't throw a rock with out hitting one and i would say half of scale builds are scx10 based. Axial knows what they are doing and this this is going to sell like hot cake's.. A scale 2.2 buggy They are giving the RTR world a hole new
L @ @ K and that is what draw's new people in......easy Plug and play....
Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #231
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Why the hell wont they??? We do it all the time now I cant imagine a RTR truck would change that.
Yep i use my shortcourse batteries in my scaler all of the time. 2s 5000mah turnigy.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #232
20K Club

Quote:
This is crawling, not shortcourse or 1/10th buggy. and no one is gonna buy a truck intended for KOH/TTC style runs and go trail riding with it. Look, pretty simple if you have followed Axial.
Norm are you forgetting that KOH is kind of an endurance race?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #233
Pebble Pounder

I would definatly buy one.... a K.O.H. rig is f in awesome..... can not wait for this to happen!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #234
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Norm are you forgetting that KOH is kind of an endurance race?
What I mean Josh is that the truck is a TTC/KOH style truck (more KOH though. TTC has been kinda something these trucks have been thrown into because of their design). Its not really designed for them Ohio leaf on the trail runs. Not saying you cant run it like that, but why? then you would just get a Dingo or Honcho for that.

I see this truck more designed for exactly what KOH is! A full all out, run through the desert as fast as possible, mixed with some hard climbing through some of the toughest terrain for a few days.

But this is RC, 2 days would be kinda long.
I would love to see a day long event like this in RC, Isn't that what Jerry is proposing to do there??
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #235
Rock Crawler

with what you guys are posting. trying to make this truck fit in somewere. so why don't you build a track with jumps, kinda like a short course track. then in one section put some rocks in it some were so kind of a koh race. start the race with mult. trucks. would be kinda cool I think

their you go ttc/koh race kinda thing

Last edited by spyderwebbcustoms; 02-17-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #236
Looking for new Trails

You know this all day full out race style KOH run would be FUN us the same base's as they do there runs and set up a course....I think this is what I am going to set up at the local hobbie shop with are course and make a few adjustment and run this and see how it works....
Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #237
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderwebbcustoms View Post
with what you guys are posting. trying to make this truck fit in somewere. so why don't you build a track with jumps, kinda like a short course track. then in one section put some rocks in it some were so kind of a koh race. start the race with mult. trucks. would be kinda cool I think

their you go ttc/koh race kinda thing
Well make no mistake. TTC is different. Toyofast's videos show what a TTC looks like in RC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJP5...eature=related
One from Ryan Gerrish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0LFl...eature=related

What Jerry is doing is just that, A short course set up with rocks involved.
This is KOH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3h89lAbzeU

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
You know this all day full out race style KOH run would be FUN us the same base's as they do there runs and set up a course....I think this is what I am going to set up at the local hobbie shop with are course and make a few adjustment and run this and see how it works....
It be cool. I have been trying to get this done up here, but there doesnt seem to be as much intrest in it. I believe what Badger had was close. King of the Bean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkzJta9wNH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8Bo...eature=related

Last edited by team3six; 02-17-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #238
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well make no mistake. TTC is different. Toyofast's videos show what a TTC looks like in RC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akJP5...eature=related

What Jerry is doing is just that, A short course set up with rocks involved.
This is KOH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3h89lAbzeU

It be cool. I have been trying to get this done up here, but there doesnt seem to be as much intrest in it. I believe what Badger had was close. King of the Bean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkzJta9wNH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO8Bo...eature=related

was just thinking if this happend indoors. could combine both styles of racing, in one building. the koh would happen on the short course track. the ttc could hapen in the drive way/parken lot area. with a puller sled, that way when guys set up for the koh race, you have guys tring to do the ttc comp. but with it out side, the amount of space of an out door track you could go bulistic on both courses. just kind of thinking on were the new axial could do good at with it's new set up when it come out. some guys will want to set the truck up for a ttc comp, some will want to set it up for koh race, then some will go all out and try to do good in both events
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #239
I wanna be Dave

Looks sweet and BL or 35 turn brushed motor setup with Axial's new CC style ESC would be great for the rock racing/KOH style. Wheels look great too! Hope they work the bugs out before release (not like XR10!)

Thanks to OP for the pic!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #240
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What I mean Josh is that the truck is a TTC/KOH style truck (more KOH though. TTC has been kinda something these trucks have been thrown into because of their design). Its not really designed for them Ohio leaf on the trail runs. Not saying you cant run it like that, but why? then you would just get a Dingo or Honcho for that.

I see this truck more designed for exactly what KOH is! A full all out, run through the desert as fast as possible, mixed with some hard climbing through some of the toughest terrain for a few days.

But this is RC, 2 days would be kinda long.
I would love to see a day long event like this in RC, Isn't that what Jerry is proposing to do there??
I take it you have never ran on a Ohio trail/comp or anything else. If you had you would realize this truck should be much more capable of actually going somewhere just because of the tire size..

your or anyone's vision of something wont really influence who buys this or what they buy it for..

Maybe when we Grow a desert here in Ohio I will start to agree with you.. Until then we will Have to drive over rocks, mud, leaves, hills, logs, water. You know trail stuff
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM