Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #61
~THE SCALE SHOP~

that thing would look sweet with a hilux hood/front fenders on it, going windsheildless

but to be honest im curious to see what kind of new goodies the axles have instore for us...
a narrow axial?....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I would be lying if I said I didn't like it.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

I want! Dose RPP have it on sale yet?!?! lol

Sits kinda high, Shorter shocks? drop the right hight a bit or strech the links Looks good, id buy it for sure since i cant get my own tube work done.

Last edited by Twiztid Metal; 02-12-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #64
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
As stated its King Blings maybe he will make the kit to be sold through CKRC.
The first pic is NOT King Bling's. the Second pic is his.
I remember seeing the pics of the Bling's in XRCars magazine a few years back. Im sure I have the issue if i dig out the box of magazines.
It's obvious that Axial may be offering this truck because as you can tell by the pics that the entire truck is the full molded plastic tuber. I have a good feeling about this and in all honesty being a guy that builds his own trucks, I would love to own it as is provided it comes with a nice motor, ESC and Radio. it looks like Axial is delving into 2.4 and castle products, so who knows. fit this with a spektrum or Futaba package and there will be an onslaught of KOH madness going on..

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

I am with norm. It is a plastic tuber as all the screws are holding it together. Plus those are axials new 2.2 tires this may finally be the storm they were talking about.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

ditto i was going to post the same stuff about being plastic! looks exactly like the honcho cages. axial is doing well bringing all aspects of the crawling hobby to EVERYONE
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

I like it maybe I should hold off on getting a Honcho kit and wait to see if they release a kit version of this
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #68
www.team3sixrc.com

Well my Guess is the RCX show will be the presentation.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #69
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
that thing would look sweet with a hilux hood/front fenders on it, going windsheildless

but to be honest im curious to see what kind of new goodies the axles have instore for us...
a narrow axial?....
With a 5.5 tall tire I would want a WIDER axle. Then it is still great for comp axles. Less scrub, we can use our other conp rig wheels then too.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Well my Guess is the RCX show will be the presentation.
That would be cool

Hmmmmm.... maybe the spec class star for the '11 Scale Nationals? That would be really cool.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Quote:
That is so freaking awesome. I cant want to spend more money.
I have a feeling team3six will be shutting the doors down too. So much for my scale seat kits!
i wouldnt worry about that you cant beat quality with quantity
Old 02-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

That would be great, been considering doing a 2.2
Old 02-13-2011, 08:25 AM   #73
Try to Bend it

Either way it looks like one hell of a kit or RTC. Hopefully some one from Axial will chime in to tell us a little more about this.
  • Super realistic interior
  • Low profile transmission
  • Offset axles
  • Moulded tube frame

I guess we owe a gift of thanks to King Bling for releasing the design and allowing axial to produce such a car(If infact they have done such a thing).........

........Oh and making a tonne of cash off it....

Last edited by Highlucks; 02-13-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

ya thats bad ass,

I want one of those
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
With a 5.5 tall tire I would want a WIDER axle. Then it is still great for comp axles. Less scrub, we can use our other conp rig wheels then too.
Wider axles and comp offset wheels are great if your building a TTC style rig.

Personally I'd love to see a narrower axle that fits better under the majority of the available scale bodies.

Until it's available, who knows for sure? I'm seeing this new Axial as the spark that ignites a TTC/Rock Racing revolution.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #76
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
well i know your an insider so you probly are trying to tell us something here underyour breath.

but i hope your wrong. axial would be dumb to release a wider shafty scale axle. i dont think ive ever seen anyone on the forums ask for that.....

then again you know people would still buy them being the latest and all. they would still make a killing im sure.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The first pic is NOT King Bling's. the Second pic is his.
I remember seeing the pics of the Bling's in XRCars magazine a few years back. Im sure I have the issue if i dig out the box of magazines.
It's obvious that Axial may be offering this truck because as you can tell by the pics that the entire truck is the full molded plastic tuber. I have a good feeling about this and in all honesty being a guy that builds his own trucks, I would love to own it as is provided it comes with a nice motor, ESC and Radio. it looks like Axial is delving into 2.4 and castle products, so who knows. fit this with a spektrum or Futaba package and there will be an onslaught of KOH madness going on..

[/QUOTE]
Yes it is did not want to burst anybodys bubble i would be first in like to purchase this machine from axial such a nice looking ride.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #78
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Wider axles and comp offset wheels are great if your building a TTC style rig.

Personally I'd love to see a narrower axle that fits better under the majority of the available scale bodies.

Until it's available, who knows for sure? I'm seeing this new Axial as the spark that ignites a TTC/Rock Racing revolution.
Generis's axle cases will allow the scale builder to make a narrow version oif the axle, or an offset pumkin of the axle, they are in the final stages of design before test production begins.

But for this KOH style of truck. I would say the axles are perfect for the build, if in fact this is what they are planning on releasing. it costs a ton of money to mold out them frame rails.

I honestly cant see Axial making a whole new line of axle's for scale though, considering that it is their highest selling axle on the market, it serves a purpose and serves it well, and just about everyone in the market makes an upgrade for it.

I was just looking at the pictures and though the front looks like it has an offset mounted shaft. the rear has the pinion shaft viable un-connected to any shaft and appears to be a center pumpkin.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

would be kinda cool if they offered different axle housings, and was able to use their stock bolt on stuff. offer a punken offset to one side with the axle stubs. then if you wanted turn the axle up side down to have the punken on the other side ( kinda like you would do a mad/force axle). then would be able to use the cases any way you wanted, and use thier exsiting parts to bolt on to them. about the only thing would to have axle shafts. if they were going all out on a bad ass looking cage desgin, think they could offer something alittle different but kinda the same, but thats just me
Old 02-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #80
Quarry Creeper

I've been wanting a honcho. now I only want this. i love KOH trucks.

im half tempted to gut my comp crawler the build one. now I might wait it out.
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM