Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #1021
RCC Addict

I am jumping on the wagon too. Pre Ordered mine this morning after seeing the axles. The customization will be almost endless for the KOH or TTC type rigs. I guess I'll be calling the DMG for some more custom tube work when it shows up

Nice work axial, you've done it again. You have giving the crawling community a great platform to build from. And a great looking rtr for the people who want the convenience of RTR
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #1022
RCC Addict

i like it a lot, but not to big on the offset pumpkin in the rear. however i will be getting a kit version.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #1023
I wanna be Dave

It's great to see a full press release about this rig. I love how the axles incorporate bearing caps, which makes me think that the axle housings are molded as 1 piece. If that's true then it will be a breeze to narrow these axles! I also really liked seeing the optional DIG parts, this will keep shaftys alive within the comp rigs since the new dig should adapt to the older AX-10 tranny. I personally only need the axles from the Wrath so I'll be waiting for individual parts to become available, hopefully they come out when the kit version is ready.

Thanks Axial!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 AM   #1024

Looks like Axial did a great job with the Wraith. Can't wait to see one in person!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #1025
RCC Addict

Ah she is so beautiful! Im glad axial ditched their old style driveshafts in hopes this will hold up more than 5 mintues.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1026
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
It's great to see a full press release about this rig. I love how the axles incorporate bearing caps, which makes me think that the axle housings are molded as 1 piece. If that's true then it will be a breeze to narrow these axles! I also really liked seeing the optional DIG parts, this will keep shaftys alive within the comp rigs since the new dig should adapt to the older AX-10 tranny. I personally only need the axles from the Wrath so I'll be waiting for individual parts to become available, hopefully they come out when the kit version is ready.

Thanks Axial!
Just what I was think'in! Looks like the front c's and rear lock-outs are basically the same, and the metal axle shafts are just a longer version of the old ones, so it could happen.
I'm just waiting for the parts myself.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #1027
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
It's great to see a full press release about this rig. I love how the axles incorporate bearing caps, which makes me think that the axle housings are molded as 1 piece. If that's true
It is true. The axles are pretty cool looking
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #1028
RCC Addict

Pretty disgusted I didn't see it from Axial first, especially after all of the teasing. Hope they got a pretty penny from RCCA

Should be a fun rig to throw the sidewinder 4600kv into.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #1029
Quarry Creeper

In for a kit fo sho. Those axles look great!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #1030
Quarry Creeper

New video added here
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #1031
20K Club

Looks like the front end runs dog bones - AX30419 AR60 OCP Front Dogbone Set (2pcs)

Maybe we will see a universal upgrade like the XR10. They are super beefy and have great steering angle.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #1032
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Can we get an Axial rep to comment on what existing accessory parts are compatable? I'm specifically interested in the under and over drive ring and pinions, they've made my scaler crawl like a champ!
On the official Wraith page on Axial's website it list the current over/under drive gears as optional accessories for this rig, so I am guessing they will fit.

Last edited by jason; 04-05-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #1033
Rock Crawler

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax900...racer_rtr.html

Check out the press release page and zoom in on the photos, these axles are getting cooler by the minute,
Notice the hole to the right of the pumpkin, means you can flop it around to have the pumpkin on the right or left hand side. Plus of course all the hardware is basically the same, just with longer axle shafts. And it looks like the axle toob to the right of the pumpkin is a separate piece, Which means A: real easy to cut down and use the "regular" width axles. Or B: Makes it pretty easy for Axial to release a shorter tube for those who want to "upgrade" and put these on their Honcho, etc.
I would not be surprised if they released a new updated Honcho/Dingo by the end of the year with these axcels... Brilliant!!

Last edited by brokennib; 04-05-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #1034
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
And it looks like the axle toob to the right of the pumpkin is a separate piece, Which means A: real easy to cut down and use the "regular" with axles. Or B: Makes it pretty easy for Axial to release a shorter tube for those who want to "upgrade" and put these on their Honcho, etc.
That looks like it is all one molded piece. Look at the other pictures, like this one:
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/Apr11...0_ocp-axle.jpg
Old 04-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #1035
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax900...racer_rtr.html

Check out the press release page and zoom in on the photos, these axles are getting cooler by the minute,
Notice the hole to the right of the pumpkin, means you can flop it around to have the pumpkin on the right or left hand side. Plus of course all the hardware is basically the same, just with longer axle shafts. And it looks like the axle toob to the right of the pumpkin is a separate piece, Which means A: real easy to cut down and use the "regular" with axles. Or B: Makes it pretty easy for Axial to release a shorter tube for those who want to "upgrade" and put these on their Honcho, etc.
I would not be surprised if they released a new updated Honcho/Dingo by the end of the year with these axcels... Brilliant!!
If you look at the axles they are both drivers side dropped, which means one of one of them is already flopped upside down.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #1036
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
That looks like it is all one molded piece. Look at the other pictures, like this one:
You know I think your right, Damnit! What A buzzkill! I can dream, cant I?
Still, it does look like you can flop'em around.... may be
Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #1037
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by autolawker View Post
it would be cool to see a one piece axle housing with diff cover/third member instead of the split cases kinda thing.
Quote:
With injection molded parts that would be much more expensive to do and everyone already bitches too much about the price of these things.
Quote:
Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #1038
Quarry Creeper

Is it just me or did it look like this thing has a whole lot of bump steer? I was watching the rc car video and it looks like it needs a track bar. Not complaining just wondered how long after it is out somebody comes out with a 3 link kit. And the green one looked to have brushless and was wicked.

Just looked at the video again and feel dumb. It's a 4 link with servo on axle so it would not have bump steer. Loose servo saver maybe?

Last edited by jeepinkid83; 04-05-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #1039
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinkid83 View Post
Is it just me or did it look like this thing has a whole lot of bump steer? I was watching the rc car video and it looks like it needs a track bar. Not complaining just wondered how long after it is out somebody comes out with a 3 link kit. And the green on looked to have brushless and was wicked.
What you're seeing is a weak servo, only 90oz*in of torque. The servo is mounted to the axle so there can't be any bump steer.

AWESOME JOB AXIAL! Can't wait for the kit version to be released
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #1040
PapaGriz Yo

2.2 isn't scale!!!

Love almost everything about it. Love the axles, the trusses, the dig, the trans upgrades. I always knew a molded plastic tuber could be done well. I have been wanting to buy a rig for Cody's birthday. I think I know which one now.
The wider axles will bring in a new world of performance for 2.2 scalers. No more wideners, zero backspacing wheels, and horrendus scrub radius. Guido needs an upgrade.

Great work guys!! Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM