Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #1041
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
The wider axles will bring in a new world of performance for 2.2 scalers. No more wideners, zero backspacing wheels, and horrendus scrub radius. Guido needs an upgrade.
That's exactly why I'm looking forward to this rig!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #1042
Pebble Pounder

I'm begining to wonder if 1.9's are going to look to small.....but, dammm, this thing looks fun and very scale..I love the full interior, Axial, thanks again.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #1043
RCC Addict

Are the shocks 103mm? I looked on Axial's site but they don't mention what size is actually on it. They do say the aluminum 103mm ones are an upgrade.

I plan on trying a shock in the 90-95mm range, get the COG down a little
Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #1044
RCC Addict

Looks like the wheels are not bead locks, was there any info on this? Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #1045
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by klabeaume View Post
Looks like the wheels are not bead locks, was there any info on this? Thanks
They are pre-glued.

2.2 Rebel™ Wheels and Ripsaw™ Tires
Ripsaw tires are mounted and pre-glued to 8-spoke Rebel Wheels right from the factory. The Axial 2.2 Ripsaw tire offers both a realistic and aggressive tread design for the ultimate scale appearance and performance. The Rebel wheels are made from a strong composite material which is both lightweight and durable.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #1046
RCC Addict

Wow! Full length specs, thats great.
I think its really cool and I can't stop drooling.
I'm gonna get me an RTR then get a kit too when they
come out.

NICE WORK AXIAL!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #1047
PapaGriz Yo

Drop in 4ws and I bet I could win our Top Truck Challenge series with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #1048
Rock Stacker

Nice work Axial! Thanks for finally releasing the specs.

This looks like it'll be a great all-around rig. I love the attention to detail on the axles; carrier bearing caps and the molded in case spreader holes are nice touches.

- Chris
Old 04-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #1049
Rock Crawler

anybody know the width of the old axles offhand, in comparison to these?

Nevermind, got it. These are 16mm wider (give or take) Gotta be a good way to narrow these things!!!

Last edited by brokennib; 04-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #1050
I wanna be Dave

My question is if it's to be "scale" does it come with a cooler stuffed with a case of Bud Light?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #1051
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
My question is if it's to be "scale" does it come with a cooler stuffed with a case of Bud Light?
Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #1052
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
You know I think your right, Damnit! What A buzzkill! I can dream, cant I?
Still, it does look like you can flop'em around.... may be
Yep, looks like there is space for the ring gear to be on the left or right of the pinion, so all you do is flip the carrier at the same time and it will still run the right direction.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #1053
I wanna be Dave

Very very cool axles.. Now I really want to see just the axles sold separate..

Maybe the RPP junkyard will start parting these out after the initial rush..
Old 04-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #1054
I wanna be Dave

Yep, those axles look sweet, just what I was hoping for. Cannot wait for them.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #1055
Rock Crawler

ANY chance that Brandon or MATTH happen to have a pictue of this next to the HONCHO, DINGO or ax10??? to compare size?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #1056
Rock Crawler

So there are pictures of the Wraith with the crazy graphics, there was a solid green one in the one video, and the mysterious red wraith in the green tinted pics.. or maybe that is the green one showing up oddly due to the color filter, I am really hopeing to see some more videos from the testing of them by axial, as well as the plainly colored rigs.. the green one looked alot better than the graphic covered one.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #1057
Rock Stacker

man i cant wait to get my hands on one, should look good with some 2.2 boggers.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #1058
Pebble Pounder

Default this is what your getting.

The Wraith, Here ya go...............

AR60 OCP-Axle™ (Off Center Pumpkin Design)
True 4-wheel drive locked differentials are included for improved traction and an offset pumpkin provides more ground clearance and a better driveshaft angle. Additionally, the rear axle has been shaved of any unnecessary items and steering linkages that normally stick down have been removed for as much ground clearance as possible. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The AR60 OCP-Axle™ tubes are reinforced and beefed up with a boxed-in axle truss to distribute stress over a larger area. The combination of our axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.

4-Link Suspension
The suspension geometry utilizes a 4-Link design which is optimized to reduce axle steer and to have the proper amount of anti-squat and roll characteristics. The 4-Link system also aids against suspension wrap-up in high power applications.

Optimized Steering Geometry
The front axle steering geometry is engineered for high speed performance with close attention to maximum pivot angle, minimal scrub, adjustable castor and Ackerman set as close to 0-degrees as possible. This geometry theory achieves a desired tight turning radius with locked differentials and better steering control at high speeds.

Full Tube Frame Composite Chassis
The most realistic high strength composite tube frame chassis on the market. Our high strength composite plastic is impact resistant to help protect the Wraith™ from crash damage.

Assembled with all hex hardware.

Corbeau® LG1 Licensed Race Seats
Fully licensed Corbeau® LG1 race seats add to the scale realism of the already highly detailed interior set.

AE-2 ESC with Drag Brake
The Axial AE-2 ESC was developed in partnership with Castle Creations and features LiPo cutoff, drag brake for tough crawling situations, a Tamiya style plug connector and is programmable via Castle Link™ (Castle Link™ not included).

Lighting 6 LED's with Extra Light Buckets
The Simple LED Controller connects to the receiver and is turned on/off with the main power switch of the truck. There are four white LED's for the front and two red LED's for the rear. Additional light buckets are also included for custom looks.

Protective Transmission Spur Gear Cover
Helps keep dirt and debris out of your pinion and spur gear for a quiet and efficient drivetrain.

Slipper Clutch
Allows the motor to work more efficiently and greatly enhances the durability of the drivetrain allowing the transmission to slip in hard binds.

2.4GHz Radio System
The AX-2 2.4GHz transmitter is a two channel pistol grip radio with servo reversing switches for steering and throttle, trim dials for fine tuning steering and throttle centers and a battery indicator light that lets you know when your transmitter batteries run low. The AR-2 2.4GHz receiver uses no crystals so you'll experience worry free driving with no frequency conflicts. It's lightweight, compact in size and the bind button with LED indicator makes set-up easy!

Waterproof Radio Box
Protects the receiver from dust and debris and is waterproof for the ultimate in weather protection.

Easy Diff Access
A locked differential will provide the most positive wheel traction in all off-road environments and conditions. The locked differential also provides less maintenance over oil-filled or silicone based differentials. Easily serviced by removing four screws to gain access for maintenance, rebuilding and performance tuning.

Battery Tray for Standard Stick Pack and LiPo Packs
Battery: 7.2v Stick Pack/2S LiPo Pack up to 47x150x28mm (W x L x D) in size. No disassembly or tools needed to remove and replace the battery.

High Performance Shocks
Axial competition style shocks feature threaded shock bodies for tuning and easy pre-load adjustment, 3.5mm titanium nitride coated shock shafts for reduced lateral movement, silicone diaphragms for a more consistent feel and silicone bushings to prevent binding. These shocks are also upgradable with a variety of aluminum options to further increase suspension performance.

On/Off Switch
Conveniently located under the dash.

2.2 Rebel™ Wheels and Ripsaw™ Tires
Ripsaw tires are mounted and pre-glued to 8-spoke Rebel Wheels right from the factory. The Axial 2.2 Ripsaw tire offers both a realistic and aggressive tread design for the ultimate scale appearance and performance. The Rebel wheels are made from a strong composite material which is both lightweight and durable.

20T Motor
Tear up the terrain, be it flat out desert, rocky roads or crawling! Easy operation: no tuning, no fuel, no loud exhaust noise. Just plug'n'go! Our design allows for optional 550 size motors to fit as well.

AX30793 Dig Upgrade Set (not included)
The Wraith™ transmission is easily upgradable for Dig (patent pending) function which, when installed, gives you a three function transmission. The transmission also includes all steel outputs. The optional Dig Upgrade Set for the Wraith™ comes with servo linkage, slider parts and a new output shaft. When installed you have 4x4, 4x2 (freewheel) and Dig (rear locked). This aids in extreme climbs and descents and turning a tight radius. (not included - extra servo and three channel radio system also required).
Old 04-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #1059
RCC Addict

Can't wait to get my mine! Should look good rockin some tsl's and some rear steer.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #1060
RCC Addict

What would be good for making your own body panels, styrene or Lexan?
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM