Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM   #1421
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFubar View Post
I've got a good variety of motors already, but I'll likely order a spare stock one... the price is right, anyway.

Who's a good source for metal gears? I don't see anything on A-main, it's the same gears as the AX-10, and SCX-10 right? I'm assuming the idler and output will go before the main, or will I need a spare for that as well.

I'm a little limited on who I can buy from... they have to ship to an APO or I have to deal with the hassle of shipping to the wife and having her re-ship it to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I apologize for all the questions. Been in and out of RC for over 20 years now but this will be my first Crawler.
Not too sure if they ship to APO's but have you tried TCScrawlers.com?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #1422
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFubar View Post
I've got a good variety of motors already, but I'll likely order a spare stock one... the price is right, anyway.

Who's a good source for metal gears? I don't see anything on A-main, it's the same gears as the AX-10, and SCX-10 right? I'm assuming the idler and output will go before the main, or will I need a spare for that as well.

I'm a little limited on who I can buy from... they have to ship to an APO or I have to deal with the hassle of shipping to the wife and having her re-ship it to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and I apologize for all the questions. Been in and out of RC for over 20 years now but this will be my first Crawler.

These are the gears I bought when I blew up my idler gear and damaged the final gear.

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Robinson-...0-p-18067.html

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Robinson-...1-p-18068.html
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #1423
Pebble Pounder

Default Newbie Question

I expect my Wraith tomarrow from LHS. I was thinking of putting the Tekin RX8 and SCX4 7.5 turn. I read about the MIP shafts. The robinson gears. What about the gears in the axial? Will they be ok? Going for a muddin tough truck and Baja type vehicle.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #1424
20K Club

If you check my build you can see my gears are good to go but I did blow out the stock locker.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #1425
Pebble Pounder

Yes, The locker. I come from a 2WD racing backround ( AE SC10 ). The locker is in the axial on the diff? Sorry for the newbie ? Only got my honcho back in March. Fell in love with the Wraith.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #1426
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbuzzard View Post
Yes, The locker. I come from a 2WD racing backround ( AE SC10 ). The locker is in the axial on the diff? Sorry for the newbie ? Only got my honcho back in March. Fell in love with the Wraith.
Axial is the brand name.

The locker is in the AXLE, inside the diff case. There are several pictures in my thread. You should also probably download the manual from Axial's site if you want to get a better understanding of how it works before you get it.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #1427
Pebble Pounder

Right on thanks Bro.
Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM