Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Kaetwo's Axial Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Same gearing I assume? Taller tires on the Wraith? A 35t HW keeps up with a 27t stock motor, I know that much.
I think I heard the Wraith is 90t spur & 20t Pinion...everything else the same as AX10 axles and trany.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
I think I heard the Wraith is 90t spur & 20t Pinion...everything else the same as AX10 axles and trany.
It's 80t spur 20t pinion just saw it in the parts list
And the axles aren't the same

Last edited by RCTRUX; 05-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #23
Jer
Rock Crawler

This pic right here just makes all your hard work worth it, being a parent is awesome in moments like this isn't it.

Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:07 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

On the photo of the upgrade parts, are the shocks the same aluminum ones from the AX10?
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

So great seeing the kids enjoy. When my daughter was that age she was chasing my nitros, now shes 15 any my scale photographer.
hanstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
I'll be honest, I think those tires would be wicked cool on the rig, however they tend to do what I call the Chihuahua shake. You've seen a Chihuahua and how they always shake? Well that's what your rig will be doing with such a large tire, but it would look good doing it

As far as ground clearance, I'll be sure to post up some pics and measurements. When I get home tonight, I'll get all sorts of specs posted up

thanks for the feed back im dyin to get a wraith
oh yea are the links and steering links plastic also dose it feel heavier then i stock tr honcho or dingo

Last edited by XxRockStar199xX; 05-26-2011 at 11:02 AM.
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX View Post
thanks for the feed back im dyin to get a wraith
oh yea are the links and steering links plastic also dose it feel heavier then i stock tr honcho or dingo
The steering and axle links are plastic, but there much beefier than the other TR's.

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

As promised, here are the shots requested in PM's, Emails and in this thread.

- Articulation shot
- Side by side shot for a size comparison
- A shot of the rig without the top on (looks pretty good)
- A few shots of the skid size and link setup

Enjoy!!!

Attached Images

Old 05-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

For those of you scale buffs, how about some dash and seat details?

Here are a few shots of the seats. As you can see, they recline, there light weight and wicked scale looking.

The dash is exactly 6" x .75" and sells as a seperate part number from the seats.

The part number for the dash maybe the same as the interior floor as it's not 100% clear from the instructions. Here is what I think the part number will be AX4028. You will also need the interior plastics, which are part number AX80037.

The seats are part number AX80080

Attached Images

Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

A few of you asked about clearance, axle measurements and steering.

Here are the ground clearance details with out of the box stock settings;

- Belly - 3 1/4"
- Pumpkin - 1 5/8"
- Axle Tube - 2 1/4"

The rig is 11.5" wide (outside of tire to outside of tire) and 9 3/16" wide a the hex pins.

Attached Images

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

For those of you who make skins, the Wraith will be an awsome opportunity for you as all the panels are fairly easy to work with.

The lexan body panels are .040" so there nice and stout.

Attached Images

Old 05-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

And for Mr. JohnRobHolmes here is a shot of the battery tray and it's dimensions

1 7/8" x 5 15/16"

Attached Images

Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

i'm curious to see it fly, you going to make a video of it taking jumps, flyin around the yard...

i hear the pinion is 20t and the spur is 90t? is that the same transmission on the ax10/scx10 too? can you take pictures of it?

I also hear that the motor is new, and its the axial 20T motor, i'm interested in it, thats why i want to see it fly! I think that motor would work good in the scx10 too!
Spiike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

A question of scale:

Would this still be considered 1/10 scale or would you call it 1/8 scale? Compared next to a Honcho, it dwarfs it.
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Can't wait to get mine! I'll have to wait till the end of June or beginning of July to actually get my hands on it though.
JonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #36

Quote:
And for Mr. JohnRobHolmes here is a shot of the battery tray and it's dimensions

1 7/8" x 5 15/16"

Thanks for all the detail shots and info. There are alot of people hanging on every word and image. More please!!!!!
sasquatch420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #37
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiike View Post
i'm curious to see it fly, you going to make a video of it taking jumps, flyin around the yard...

i hear the pinion is 20t and the spur is 90t? is that the same transmission on the ax10/scx10 too? can you take pictures of it?

I also hear that the motor is new, and its the axial 20T motor, i'm interested in it, thats why i want to see it fly! I think that motor would work good in the scx10 too!
I have a VID we made before we sent it back, Don't mean to step on toes Brett, but i already have it so you can save the truck for other testing

Did learn, stay in the throttle, the drag brake will put you on your lid everytime if you don't, and even if you miss and take a tumble it comes back for more!

Click ME!
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiike View Post

I'll do my best to get some video up, but for now, Slobin was kind enough to post up a vid that they shot at the Hobby Garage these past few days. My son and I took the rig out to the dirt bike field next to our house and he had a blast. The dang things is a beast

As far as pinion/spur combo it is an 80/20 combo. The axial tranny is the same as the Honcho/Dingo, with the exception of it being dig unit compatible. The other half of the outdrive is called a Dig Lockout Shaft and allows the optional dig unit to mount up with very little effort. The tranny also has the new Axial dust cover assembly, which is really cool.

The motor is new to me, but I'm not 100% certain that it's new to Axial. It is a 20T motor (AX24003) and works really well. It doesn't have the drag break capability of a traditional endbell motor, but it does the job. I have a new motor coming from Holmes Hobbies that should give me a bit more low end torque, more upper end and hold on a hill a bit better. More on that soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
A question of scale:

Would this still be considered 1/10 scale or would you call it 1/8 scale? Compared next to a Honcho, it dwarfs it.
Good question. This is just my opinion, but I would say it's 1/9 - 1/8th scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonU View Post
Can't wait to get mine! I'll have to wait till the end of June or beginning of July to actually get my hands on it though.
When you do get one, you'll have an absolute riot with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch420 View Post
Thanks for all the detail shots and info. There are alot of people hanging on every word and image. More please!!!!!
I'll have some more images this weekend as me and some of our UTRCRC club members are going to hit little moab this Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
I have a VID we made before we sent it back, Don't mean to step on toes Brett, but i already have it so you can save the truck for other testing

Did learn, stay in the throttle, the drag brake will put you on your lid everytime if you don't, and even if you miss and take a tumble it comes back for more!
Slobin, thanks for posting that video up, and feel free to post up any thoughts you may have up

Old 05-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #39
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Slobin, thanks for posting that video up, and feel free to post up any thoughts you may have up

I think.....I Need one and am extremely depressed the UPS guy showed up and took it away
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Default Envious

All the rest of us can do is wait till our orders get here.

What sized batteries were you running and average runtimes?

Has anyone got the dirt on when they are supposed to ship?
SC Convert is offline   Reply With Quote