Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Badger's Axial Wraith reborn VP style

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #181
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Badger's Axial Wraith

Quote:
Totally love this pic!
Boomstk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #182
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
FLAT OUT BAD ASS!!!!

The rear shocks are traxxas, are they fronts or rears and what are the front shocks your running? How do you like the way it works.

I have the pro-line slash rears all around with blues top and bottom with 25w oil and I don't really like them, a tad to stiff. I'm look for something that soak up better on speed runs.
Thanks. The rear shocks are Traxxas Slash fronts. The front shocks are Axial 72-103mm Shock Set - AX30092. I like the shorter rear shocks because it handles the faster speeds better. This setup works really well except for with the big heavy spare tire up high in the rear it doesn't climb up really steep vertical obstacles like it used to. I don't mind because I never wanted my wraith to be as capable as the comp rigs, gets boring quick on scale runs.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Looking good John.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #184
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I don't mind because I never wanted my wraith to be as capable as the comp rigs, gets boring quick on scale runs.
You sure? I caught this video of you last month when I made it up that climb with my Wraith and you didn't.

Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You sure? I caught this video of you last month when I made it up that climb with my Wraith and you didn't.
LMAO. The difference being I don't like to push my crawlers up over obstacles with my feet.

I forgot to upload the pics of my new BGR Fabrications aluminum rear shock tower.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #186
RCC Addict

BGR = Dead Sexy! I'm liking his new logo too. That looks sharp. Can't wait to see his new website.

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 01-03-2013 at 03:15 PM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #187

Quote:
I've been running the Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL and love the way it performs. Right now it has the HH CrawlMaster Pro 540 13t- 2250Kv, the wheel speed and the low end resolution is great with an 18t pinion.
badger, when you ran the traxxas brush less system what gearing did you use with it I'm not one for the system but it was a gift so I'm not gonna turn it down lol. I still want to keep my high speed but I'm thrying not to burn up the motor also Aslo what servo horn did would you recommend I've got the vanquish cms kit with panhard kit but the two links aren't parallel with each other any advice would be great!
Speedwraither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwraither View Post
badger, when you ran the traxxas brush less system what gearing did you use with it I'm not one for the system but it was a gift so I'm not gonna turn it down lol. I still want to keep my high speed but I'm thrying not to burn up the motor also Aslo what servo horn did would you recommend I've got the vanquish cms kit with panhard kit but the two links aren't parallel with each other any advice would be great!
I used the stock spur gear and 18t pinion. I don't recommend the Traxxas VXL system if you want to do any crawling, if your wanting brushless I would go with a Tekin ROC 412 motor or the Pro4. I have a racers edge servo horn and like it.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #189

So far the Pitbull 2.2 rock beasts are the best looking tires I've had on my Wraith yet. I love the look of these!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362120350.236994.jpg
Views: 13191
Size:  71.3 KB
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #190
Rock Crawler

rig looks sweet nice work
kakachille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #191
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Badger's Axial Wraith reborn VP style

Hey badger!

Of all the countless builds I have browsed through, I have fallen in love with the looks of your rig (specifically the BGR goodies) and it has become the inspiration for my upcomming build

How do you like the way it handles (rock crawling) with the BGR KOH cage and heavy spare wheel/tire in the back? Would you change anything if you built it again?

Also, I would like to invest in some Team3Six scale goodness myself, but for the last several months his site says "The store is closed for maintenance"... tried PM'ing him a couple times with no response, do you know if he's still going to be offering scale accessories available for purchase?

Your rig is F'ing awesome in case you didn't already know (drool)...
BodiBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #192
Rock Crawler

Ive driven his rig a few times now. It handles awesome, its pretty much point and shoot. Pretty much the basis for my wraith build as well.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #193
Quarry Creeper

Hallo badger,

I see you had before VP OMF wheels and proline super swamper TLS ( if I am not wrong...)

I just got the same wheels and tires but am having some issue while trying to assemble the tires onto the wheels .... Did you get any sort of issue yourself? Could you tell me the way to properly mount them? I have difficulties while pushing the front ring towards the rear one and clamping the camp ring and the tires in between....it is all very tight, it seems the thickness of the tires is little bit too much for the clearance between the rings and the clamp rings..... (Hope u can understand my broken English ... I am Italian ....).

Thanks a lot for your kind reply!

- slim -
slimfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #194
Rock Crawler

You really have to squeeze hard, My buddy has the same combo as Badger and I put one of the wheels together. Major pain but once you figure it out the other 3 will not take as long.

Your english is better then some people who speak it fluent....
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 AM   #195
Quarry Creeper

NorCal thanks, I also thought there must be a way to make it properly... Though I did not figured it out yet... And my beautiful wheels are still un assembled... I will try again and again... but after a few tries I start sweating and eventually give up...:(

Let u know... Positive I will manage sooner or later...

- slim -
Old 04-13-2013, 04:48 AM   #196
Quarry Creeper

I finally made it! With some help of my wife with the screws while I was pushing hard the rings... The rears are done, later the fronts, first need to stick some weights onto the clamp rings.

Thanks for the tip!

I like how the OD of the tires increased due to the narrower wheels compared to the previous ones I had, can't wait to test them!

- Slim -

Last edited by slimfire; 04-13-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #197
Pebble Pounder

Wow what a great job you have done with this wraith. Have you done any upgrades to it since your last post?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #198
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So far the Pitbull 2.2 rock beasts are the best looking tires I've had on my Wraith yet. I love the look of these!Attachment 228339
Hallo badger! What wheels did mount ur pitbulls on? They look great shape and fairly narrow as I like! Thanks for your reply!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #199
Rock Crawler

Awesome build to read through!
2manyprojects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #200
Rock Stacker

this is wonderful. lovely pics on page 8 too! subscribed
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Badger's Axial Wraith reborn VP style - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Badger's Wraith kit....... badger Axial Wraith 68 10-20-2012 11:02 AM
Axial Wraith 'FASTBACK' Style Crawl douglastee Videos! 0 10-14-2012 10:47 PM
Badger's Losi MC #2 - DNA Style powered by HH badger Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 20 11-27-2008 06:55 PM
Scale Bronco reborn - BB-51 Style badger 2.2 Scale Rigs 23 02-01-2007 07:41 PM