Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Power Test- 13.5 + 4s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy View Post
Look's like the perfect setup. Do you know anything about the sway bar kit that was mentioned for this truck? Look's like it might be ok without one. Nice to have options though...
I dont know anything about the sway kit, but imagine it'd be pretty sweet for anyone going 'racey' with their Wraith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ(Josh) View Post
That is a sick video.. Now that is what I call a real Rock Racer!!! My only question is how the heck did you get your hands on a Wraith so soon??
I did some special favors for Axial. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
More info on the motor please !

Does Tammies stock these ?
We do, they are a sort of generic sensored motor, but any brand 13.5 would work similarly as long as it's sensored. These are like $60. A Tekin Redline 13.5 with the 14mm toque armature would be hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspider View Post
Ryan nice video, and thanks for the inner details also! I like the front location for the lipo, does it feels better now at climbing with the added weight forward?
From the video looks like the front bias has some anti-wheelie effect compared to other video seen before. Guess some better handling/steering when on-throttle??
From the pic ain't clear if the front location is a optional-stock location or if you had to relocate something in the process, but anyway it looks like there's enough space for an even bigger lipo. Would a 3s 4000-5000 fit up front there?
Thanks
It does help climb a bit, but the battery is pretty light, so the truck is still quite neutral, which makes it jump nicely. It definitely doesnt wheelie as much as it did with the battery in the back. All I did was move the RX box to the rear which opened up enough space for the Lipo in the front. Super easy! It's tight with the 4s 2200. I dont think anything larger would fit without modifying the tube chassis...

Thanks!
Ryan
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

shocks looked a little stiff for crawling, but I guess you need them that way with all the power pumping through it. Great short video.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote