Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Leaf sprung wraith axles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Leaf sprung wraith axles?

Haven't seen or read anything asking but could they be leaf springed? Or I wonder if any of the vendors will venture into that and try?
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Haven't seen or read anything asking but could they be leaf springed? Or I wonder if any of the vendors will venture into that and try?
I doubt it because i dont see anywhere for the shackles on a plastic tube frame.
RCTRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Im sure there can be a easy u-bolt setup that can be done for them
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

seriously??
docsrcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I'm not talking about using leafs on the wraith tube body but for custom project using just the wraith axles, I'm wondering if you could or if a vendor will make some like rcbro did for the scx10
Old 06-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
I'm not talking about using leafs on the wraith tube body but for custom project using just the wraith axles, I'm wondering if you could or if a vendor will make some like rcbro did for the scx10
You're asking a question that only the folks at Axial or the few of us that have Wraiths could answer. Since we have them in our hands.

Is it possible? Yes. Will a vendor make brackets to attach leafs? Maybe. Have to wait for those vendors to get Wraiths in hand.

There hasn't been much technology with leaf springs, their performance levels are not anywhere near running a linked setup. Being that these axles are so wide and most would run a SCX chassis, the leverage on the leaf springs will be far greater than with regular Axial axles. Leaf springs will die fast. Until someone can produce a high quality leaf spring, might as well put this leaf springs on Wraith axles to rest.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

in time there will be more hop ups for thistruck like every thing else, this should be a good one to spend lots of money on
LEROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
There hasn't been much technology with leaf springs, their performance levels are not anywhere near running a linked setup. Being that these axles are so wide and most would run a SCX chassis, the leverage on the leaf springs will be far greater than with regular Axial axles. Leaf springs will die fast. Until someone can produce a high quality leaf spring, might as well put this leaf springs on Wraith axles to rest.
I know that leafs are not as great with performance as links but in a scale view, that doesnt matter to me. My rig I sold recently had cut and shut mil-spec tires, ya they aren't that grippy as other tires bit they had the scale look I was going for. So it doesn't bother me if they aren't the best performance out there, just long as it's scale to me