Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: battery options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default battery options

My local hobby shop is supposed to have mine this friday, and I was wanting to ask one of you who has one already. WHat kind of batterys will it hold, really just want to know if it will hold a ....wait for it.....7.2 stick pack?..... yea i know i suck but i can only afford one thing at a time and it was either a new wraith or converting to lipo, so i chose the Wraith! so please be easy on me. will it hold one? do you think the handling would be affected alot? thanks.
gabehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

You mean nimh? I have a 4500 I bought for my scx10, fits perfectly. You know the esc will handle lipos, so you might be able to find a reasonable one around. But if you have some nimhs laying around should be just fine.

Handling...well the weight will be in the back, with all the speed it has you may be doing some wheelies/flips while crawling. i have flipped it lots of times with a 5400 lipo back there. You could put weight in the front. I don't know your situation, but if you are serious about hill climbs or crawling I would find a 2000 2s lipo or something like that for those situations, shouldn't be real expensive...
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

thanks man, thats what i was looking for. i have 5 5000 nimh's laying around so i will be using those till i can get some lipos and a multi charger. great information, i will just probably be doing some bashing with it, so i dont screw up my scx10, but this will give me a good reason to convert over from the stone age i guess some would say. how is your wraith holding up? any problems i should know about?
Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

yeah I guess I forgot about charging them...

It is a sweet machine!

I mentioned somewhere else that a screw in my knuckle completely fell out and got lost, but it still was going strong and didn't break the c or anything. I guess make sure everything is tight. That's the only problem I have had, it takes a real beating.

For bashing and other fun stuff don't worry about the weight, it's in front of the rear tire so it's not that bad. It should jump pretty well
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

thats great man looks like axial pulled through again, got some sweet dirt jumps for my slash built in the yard so i will probably hit them first thing.