Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Programming ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Programming ESC

Wondering if anyone has actually tried programming the Lipo cutoff with out the Castle LInk...haven't got a lipo setup yet and want to turn off the cutoff. I found this in another Thread and was wondering if anyone has tried it yet...I don't want to attempt it and have it be wrong and then not be able to go back to the factory setting. LHS doesn't have Castle Link to help...

---Guy from Austraila just hacked the stick program for the AE-2!
"I have worked out how to program some features of the AE-2 without using Castle Link. Like the Castle Creation SideWinder ESC, the standard way of getting into the programming mode is as follows. You may want to disconnect your motor from the ESC first to avoid the chance of a runaway.

1. Switch off the ESC
2. Switch on the transmitter and hold full throttle
3. Switch on the ESC
4. Release the throttle AFTER the second series of tones

The ESC uses tones to indicate what Options you are currently accessing and its setting. eg. Option 2 setting 3 will be "beep-beep, pause, beep-beep-beep". You accept the setting for the option by engaging full throttle, or you can go to the next setting by engaging full reverse. Once you have configured the last option, the ESC will emit a series of tones and when that is finished the settings are stored.

There are 3 Options available and here are the Settings available:

Option 1 - LiPo CutOff (I think, please test first)
Setting 1 - Off
Setting 2 - On

Option 2 - Drag Brake
Setting 1 - Off
Setting 2 to 6 - varying degree

Option 3 - Brake/Reverse type
Setting 1 - Forward-Brake-Reverse
Setting 2 - Forward and Brake only
Setting 3 - Forward and immediate reverse
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #2

I used this on my new Honcho and i worked great,it seems to have have changed the brake /reverse on its own and I have to hit reverse twice before it goes,but I was playing around after reprogramming and figured out I had programmed brakes instead of immed reverse.So I was playing with the brakes feature and wondered if going from reverse to fwd had brakes...it didn't and my truck popped a wheelie! Well the kid in me thought that was cool so I (he) did it a few more times then it became front wheel drive,popped rear drive shaft,oops.Pede replacement next day.but programming info seems to work and be valid.I'm glad I found it (after hours of search)
shoptech is offline   Reply With Quote