Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Imthatguy's Bluesmobile Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixohh View Post
LOVIN' the video!...

..and dont think i didnt notice you ran into your own camera BUSTED! lol

i loove the out takes after the fact, VERY NICE!

hey what are you using for a video editor? the transitions and titles are great!
Thanks bud, yep, just glad I didn't knock it over. Ruining a $1500 Canon 60D SLR setup would put a damper on my day. I'm a film editor and I primarily use Final Cut Pro 7. I did this one in FCPX, which was a tremendous letdown for my business needs. Still does good work with small projects that go straight to YouTube like this one.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #42
Rock Stacker

So the tires were that bad huh? I've got rock crushers on the way that should look good, but the tread pattern is close to the mil spec. I dont do a lot of rocks, but I want a reasonably capable truck.

PS sweet looking rig. I dont mind the 1.9s. Very scale and not really that small. Looks like lots of people are running iroks. I might try putting on my scx10 iroks and seeing how she runs.
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Still rocking the IROK's for now, finished up the rear panel and fuel cell. Made some nets for doors.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Wanted to get a couple better shots of the fuel cell.

Also, started work on my driver. It's a Wild Willy body, but I just couldn't bring myself to use that awful head that comes with it. I got in touch with James French over on TamiyaClub and ended up buying all his super-detailed heads. I'm going to start a new thread detailing the process. That said, they're amazing.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

New video from a couple of days ago over at Headquake's place!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I was first to put a Bronco body on a Wraith. First at something! Too bad the Mil-Specs suck arse.

So I've been struggling with tires. I've spent a fair bit of cash on other things as of late so I'm trying to recycle a few parts here and there. What you see here are 1.9 IROK's on 1.9 steelies. They're close to the size of the Mil-Specs that I had on there, but I dunno. I took it out for a quick drive in the driveway and it still seems quite capable.

Thoughts?

NICE!
squirrel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

always been a jake and elwood fan got a question tho in the movie the bluesmobile was a caddy that was trade for a microphone and later he got the cop car from a police auction so what did u trade to get this rig or did u just use the money u got from gettin the band back together to build it love the build also if u could get some one to make a jake and elwood driver and passenger figures it would with out a dout be one of the best rigs on the forum
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Video from yesterday.

As much as I love that wheel and tire setup. Its degraded your Wraiths performance SO much. Throw your stock tires on and see....
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
As much as I love that wheel and tire setup. Its degraded your Wraiths performance SO much. Throw your stock tires on and see....
Wish I could put the stock tire on, but in the process of baking them off the wheels, I had a little accident. But, check the 2nd vid. I threw my 1.9 IROK's on and it helped immensely. Check the thread later today to see what came in the mail today.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Wish I could put the stock tire on, but in the process of baking them off the wheels, I had a little accident. But, check the 2nd vid. I threw my 1.9 IROK's on and it helped immensely. Check the thread later today to see what came in the mail today.
Even so, I was watching that video, and the stock tires perform better.

Maybe some rovers? I imagine replacement tires will flood ebay soon
daign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think any of the scale 2.2 tires available these days would be a better option for a rig like this.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Even so, I was watching that video, and the stock tires perform better.

Sure, STOCK tires perform well, but looking at this build, I'm not really interested in using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I think any of the scale 2.2 tires available these days would be a better option for a rig like this.
Agreed!

I think I'm calling this one pretty much finished. Mickey Thompson Baja Claws back on the CAC EZ-Locs and my finished driver make this build IMO. I might get a few items, but I like my builds clean. I'll have to trim the front fenders so I don't get the rub that seems so prevalent on all my rigs...

I also got a new lens today for my camera. It's a 50mm 1.4 and it's my new best friend. The shallow depth of field is AWESOME.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Can't believe I forgot to embed the latest vid.

Shot on my Canon 60D SLR at 60fps. Cut in FCPX.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Been a while since I dropped in,,,turned out great
Looks badass in the vid with the Claw's,i'm sure you'll find they work even better flipped backwards.
Only had my Wraith out a few times and i'm amped to rework it as parts come in,good inspiration here
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #55
20K Club

Wow that is a much better looking nogg'n then comes with the Willy. Is that guy easy to get a hold of? Shoot me a PM with his info if you would.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Couple of updated pix, and a question for you all. I just upgraded my SC10's motor/esc, and have a 3300KV Reedy brushless motor and XP SC450-BL Brushless esc and I'm wondering if this might be an interesting upgrade. Thoughts?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

that is the stock sc10 esc\motor? not good enough for sc10. forsure not the wraith. Wraith is too heavy and with another axle to turn=heat.
buzzbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Default wow..

i am really loving this build..your rig looks awesome..cant wait to get mine have so many plans and alot of good ideas..great job on an awesome rig..
mcreil41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

I reckon that's about the best Wraith I've seen so far. Looks great.
Syncrog60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #60
RCC Addict

love thhe build man..really unique and the albert is awesome just recieved a couple myself..as for the painting i think im gonna go with his book for tips...lol

i still dont see how you painted that thing so well i seen your thread on crawlcanada its so dang small..i guess i need the helping hand with some strong eye glasses lol...great work man
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote