Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #741

Default Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

Thanks Harley for very fast answer much appreciated!
billyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #742

My kit just arrived in the mail today, As I'm looking through the manual, I have a question about shock that I don't think was cover in the beginning, is anyone using rebound on their shocks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
adonis_mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #743

Thank god for this EPIC thread Harley, I had no idea what I was really getting myself into, picked up my RTR Wraith just over a week ago and am loving it. After taking it out the first time I could see that I was going to need to upgrade a few things. I found the VP site and pretty much ordered everything there except trans housing and lockers. Ordered some tires and 7955 servo from my lhs, once I scrape more $$$ together I'll snag some MIP driveshafts. What else do I really need to upgrade once I pick out a new beefy motor and esc? My Wraith will prob mostly be half forest trail half crawler for the time being.

Oh, can anyone recommend any canadian online stores? I'd like to buy my gear local or at least from Canada since duty killed me on my first order ($79) and that's after I spent $42 for express service.

Thank you everyone who posted in this thread, 38 pages took awhile to get thru but it was very well worth the read.
Man of Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #744
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Leisure View Post
Thank god for this EPIC thread Harley, I had no idea what I was really getting myself into, picked up my RTR Wraith just over a week ago and am loving it. After taking it out the first time I could see that I was going to need to upgrade a few things. I found the VP site and pretty much ordered everything there except trans housing and lockers. Ordered some tires and 7955 servo from my lhs, once I scrape more $$$ together I'll snag some MIP driveshafts. What else do I really need to upgrade once I pick out a new beefy motor and esc? My Wraith will prob mostly be half forest trail half crawler for the time being.

Oh, can anyone recommend any canadian online stores? I'd like to buy my gear local or at least from Canada since duty killed me on my first order ($79) and that's after I spent $42 for express service.

Thank you everyone who posted in this thread, 38 pages took awhile to get thru but it was very well worth the read.
With everything you said you ordered, plus a new motor and ESC you should be good to go for quite some time.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #745
RCC Addict

I run my 1230sg @6.0v without issue. It is only rated to 6v.
What makes you want to run a higher voltage to it?
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #746

[QUOTE=Man of Leisure;4283970]Oh, can anyone recommend any canadian online stores? I'd like to buy my gear local or at least from Canada since duty killed me on my first order ($79) and that's after I spent $42 for express service.QUOTE]

I order alot from great hobbies, free shipping on orders over $100
bombagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #747
Pebble Pounder

I'm having major issues with my Tekin RS, Tekin redline 13.5, hitec 7990, and novak external bec. I went gallivanting through a deep creek, like to above the headlights, and the truck ran great for the rest of the day. The following day however I'm having major issues. The BEC power switch was removed and every electrical piece was made "water resistant" with platidip prior to creek gallivanting. When the power is connected, the servo turns the wheels all the way to the right and then BEC and receiver come on for a second and then go off, cycling. When the ESC is on, the above listed occurs as well as the tires spin while the BEC and Receive are cycling. I've taken all of the electronics out of my wraith and I am out of ideas. Please help... Oh and I'm running 3s lipo...
captainp243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #748
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainp243 View Post
I'm having major issues with my Tekin RS, Tekin redline 13.5, hitec 7990, and novak external bec. I went gallivanting through a deep creek, like to above the headlights, and the truck ran great for the rest of the day. The following day however I'm having major issues. The BEC power switch was removed and every electrical piece was made "water resistant" with platidip prior to creek gallivanting. When the power is connected, the servo turns the wheels all the way to the right and then BEC and receiver come on for a second and then go off, cycling. When the ESC is on, the above listed occurs as well as the tires spin while the BEC and Receive are cycling. I've taken all of the electronics out of my wraith and I am out of ideas. Please help... Oh and I'm running 3s lipo...
Hmmm... Sound bad. Try a new RX first, then try isolating components. Remove just the servo first and leave everything else in place.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #749
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. Took all of the electronics apart and left them in a bag of damp rid over night. I isolated and tested all of the components as they were going back into the truck and when it came time for the servo, i plugged it in and it did the same as before only this time something arced on the board and the servo smoked.No bueno at all. Also, the ESC is coming on and doing the initial chimes but it is not communicating with the controller, no go... At this point, I'm contemplating just buying all of the same components and just doing a better water proofing job (or no water)... Any input on going back with tekin? I thought about the CC sidewinder, but I'm definitely getting the 20A BEC.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #750

I like my cc sidewinder 3 better than the tekin esc I had. In my opinion it has a much better program when using the castle link vs the tekin Hotwire.
N8Meadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #751
Pebble Pounder

Well I figured it out. It was the receiver. And I guess the servo was bad too. Ended up getting a Spectrum DX 3s- came with an extra receiver, so thats cool to have as a backup. Uhh, took it out and ran it just to break one of VP axle shafts, now I'm three wheeling. But other than that thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #752
Pebble Pounder

hey all,
I was looking to get the Holmes 35t and BRXL but seems they are out of stock, and there is no contact phone # that I can call and get an ETA, what other choices do I have for good replacements ?
4x4Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #753
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Ric View Post
hey all,
I was looking to get the Holmes 35t and BRXL but seems they are out of stock, and there is no contact phone # that I can call and get an ETA, what other choices do I have for good replacements ?
Send them an email. There are also other makers of motors of course, you just have to look around. I just prefer/recommend Holmes.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #754
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Ric View Post
hey all,
I've been using a tekin HD 35t for 6 months without issue.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #755
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I've been using a tekin HD 35t for 6 months without issue.
awesome, thanks for the heads up
4x4Ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #756

Does anyone make springs for G Made G transitions shocks. I've been to my lhs and no luck also tried calling one of the online stores I order from and they said I'm not the first to call looking for some and they didn't know of any. The two springs are 10mm in diameter and one is 13mm and they other 30mm long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #757
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Meadows View Post
I like my cc sidewinder 3 better than the tekin esc I had. In my opinion it has a much better program when using the castle link vs the tekin Hotwire.
AND it be waterproof! This is the ESC I decided on! What motor you running? BEC?
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_Fernando View Post

AND it be waterproof! This is the ESC I decided on! What motor you running? BEC?
I run the tekin hd 55t and two castle 10amp bec. (one for the front steering and one for the rear steer).
Old 05-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #759

What is the box between channel 2 and the motor on the wiriing diagram? What does a BEC do? Sorry, I am a little new at this. Just started working on upgrading my Wraith for crawling.
Trigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #760
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2 View Post
What is the box between channel 2 and the motor on the wiriing diagram? What does a BEC do? Sorry, I am a little new at this. Just started working on upgrading my Wraith for crawling.
That box is the ESC.

A BEC supplies power to the servos with a higher capacity than the ESC's internal BEC.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM