Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 AM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
No, you only need to buy those if you want to improve high speed handling. The knuckles come with zero Ackerman arms.
Thank you, Harley.
flybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
I've been looking for the 32p spur gears and I cant find who makes them
and says they fit the trans. Any info?

Thanks
Duratrax Nitro Evader BX Spur gear works fins as does the RJ Speed Digger Spur. I am running the 56T and the 54T in my TTC and my EB. I plan to run the 54T in the wraith.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

I pulled the trigger and ordered the Wraith...it'll be here around the end of the month ,in the meantime I also put in an order to VP for Ti links, steering links, chubs , knuckles and lockouts as well as a set of wheels. By the time the truck actually arrives I think I'll have just about everything I need to bullet proof it right out of the box.
I also want to pick up overdrive gears for the front, MIP shafts and the dig unit when and if its ever released, Pitbull treads and the ZSS wheels from VP will make up the rolling stock. Eventually a big # Hitec servo will go in and Big Bore shocks as well.
I had to let go of a couple prized record albums to pull this off (org. mono Beatles albums) so I'm really hoping this thing is going to live up to its rep.
I'd also like to say thanks to Harley for all the info as well as his build thread You've really helped to put me in the right direction with this thing
whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I pulled the trigger and ordered the Wraith...it'll be here around the end of the month ,in the meantime I also put in an order to VP for Ti links, steering links, chubs , knuckles and lockouts as well as a set of wheels. By the time the truck actually arrives I think I'll have just about everything I need to bullet proof it right out of the box.
I also want to pick up overdrive gears for the front, MIP shafts and the dig unit when and if its ever released, Pitbull treads and the ZSS wheels from VP will make up the rolling stock. Eventually a big # Hitec servo will go in and Big Bore shocks as well.
I had to let go of a couple prized record albums to pull this off (org. mono Beatles albums) so I'm really hoping this thing is going to live up to its rep.
I'd also like to say thanks to Harley for all the info as well as his build thread You've really helped to put me in the right direction with this thing

I think your rigt on plastic links and chassis might be good for springyness. That's why when my links wear out I'm gonna make some out of delrin. Good point on changing shock angle will low it a bit.
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Started messing with my sons wraith this weekend to find a few issues with the transmission. First the pinion was not lined up correctly and the gears were not meshed well. This caused the pinion to chew on the spur gear and now it's really noisy. I want to replace the spur gear, and saw robinson racing has an 81t 48p spur gear. Would this work with the stock pinion and motor?

Last edited by LDogg; 07-06-2011 at 11:25 AM.
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #86
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDogg View Post
Started messing with my sons wraith this weekend to find a few issues with the transmission. First the pinion was not lined up correctly and the gears were not meshed well. This caused the pinion the chew on the spur gear and now it's really noisy. I want to replace the spur gear, with a metal one, and saw robinson racing has an 81t 48p spur gear. Would this work with the stock pinion and motor?
Yes that spur will work.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Thx!
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #88
Rock Stacker

My Wraith hasn't even shipped yet and I've already spent more on upgrades than it cost, played around with my buddies 4pl last night and I just had to order one with a couple recievers to upgrade the fleet(of 2). I think I want to be the first kid in my neighborhood to have a Wraith with rear-steer.

We've been working on having a track built here, thanks taxpayers. Not that I'm expecting to be competitive against all the short course trucks that everyone seems to be ordering, but it should still be a fun alternative to crawling up the hills all the time.
MisterFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #89
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFubar View Post
My Wraith hasn't even shipped yet and I've already spent more on upgrades than it cost, played around with my buddies 4pl last night and I just had to order one with a couple recievers to upgrade the fleet(of 2). I think I want to be the first kid in my neighborhood to have a Wraith with rear-steer.

We've been working on having a track built here, thanks taxpayers. Not that I'm expecting to be competitive against all the short course trucks that everyone seems to be ordering, but it should still be a fun alternative to crawling up the hills all the time.

The rear steer is a blast!

Old 07-10-2011, 04:47 AM   #90
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The rear steer is a blast!

I'm having trouble swallowing the cost of it, considering I have 0 spare parts here and will have to order 10 packs of every single piece of hardware needed. If I can ever get one of your videos to load, I'll probably not be able to resist anymore. Maybe it's a good thing my internet sucks.
MisterFubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Do the AX10/SCX10 tranny gears fit the wraith tranny?
rocknut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #92
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknut36 View Post
Do the AX10/SCX10 tranny gears fit the wraith tranny?
Yes, except for one piece final gears. The Wraith uses a longer output on the rear.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

thx
rocknut36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #94

Do the Axial Trail Honcho Truck Body with Molded Rear Cage fit the Axial wraith?
AxialWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #95
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxialWraith View Post
Do the Axial Trail Honcho Truck Body with Molded Rear Cage fit the Axial wraith?
No, the Wraith's cage is the chassis, the honcho body may be able to be used with some cutting but no cage.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Ok, just looked at them, I take it that one set of hole will line up, Right.
They only go up tp 54?

I didn't even bother looking at what the gear ratio was that I am using, I just know they were kimbrough and they worked fine. I have the wraith in pieces and will report back what gearing I am running later. Looks like you figured something out though!
wyant50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #97
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
I was talking about the MMP SCT version with the 1415 2400kV motor I had bought it to put into a FOFF rig, but I've ditched that project for now. Think its overkill? Should I stick with a Sidewinder-based ESC system?

If you already have it? what's the worst that could happen. Jam a wheel betwenn 2 rocks, ram the trigger and shred the drive shafts and plastic gears. You seen Harley driveshafts with a 3 cell and the traxxas system?
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #98
Rock Crawler

Finally got mine! I took it out for a spin last night. I have to say that the motor seems lackluster. on 2S I was expecting more ummph out of a 20t. Hell I think my XR might be faster on its 35turns. Does axial detune them from the factory or something? I was thinking about hooking to castle link to it to look at the throttle curves...if I could figure out how to get to the ESC.
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #99
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
Finally got mine! I took it out for a spin last night. I have to say that the motor seems lackluster. on 2S I was expecting more ummph out of a 20t. Hell I think my XR might be faster on its 35turns. Does axial detune them from the factory or something? I was thinking about hooking to castle link to it to look at the throttle curves...if I could figure out how to get to the ESC.
The gearing is mostly the reason it feels that way. It still needs to have enough low end grunt to be capable. Thats why the 20t on 2s doesn't feel like you might expect it to in some other car I believe. PLugging it into the Castle Link is probably a good idea though to make sure all the settings are where you want them.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
The gearing is mostly the reason it feels that way. It still needs to have enough low end grunt to be capable. Thats why the 20t on 2s doesn't feel like you might expect it to in some other car I believe. PLugging it into the Castle Link is probably a good idea though to make sure all the settings are where you want them.
I received mine yesterday and was playing around with the castle link. Why does it let you choose lipo cutoff over 2S (6V). It leads me to believe you can put a 3S or 4S battery on the ESC?

Mine seemed to have a fair bit of go. I'm using a 3300mah 2S 45C pack. Maybe a lower C rating is limiting ev01's?
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM