Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Wraith Beginners Guide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #981
20K Club

Default Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
The mounts are flipped. Will have a crack at moving that battery. But right now just the variety I can get from the scx is much better as far as mods.. and even though its 1.9 it crawls heaps better ..not quicker but
Sounds like it needs a little setup is all. The Wraith will out crawl an SCX without much issue. Same with the top heavy part, just setting up the shocks/ride height makes it perform pretty well.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #982
Pebble Pounder

Mine must be really wack then harley lol
Trail Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #983

Hey there! Ive got a wraith kit version. Novak goat 3s esc, novak ballistic crawler 21.5 turn brushless motor. So far great crawler, i enjoy it. Anywys i want to move batt up front n electronics in back. Im running sto k as-3 servo. My pfoblem is my servo wires are to short to reach reciever in back. I know they make extensions but is this a futaba model from axial? Or does anyone know an extension they could recomend so i can get up n goin again?? Im gonna order parts friday and would like that to be on my list. Your help would be greatly apreciated.
crawlerb7784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #984
Rock Stacker

buying a wraith today! my problem is I cannot make up my mind on which one. original , ps or spawn. I am looking for something to crawl and trail ride. I have tons of rock on my property. it will also be in water I know the spawn has waterproof esc but I was thinking about down the road swapping out for a waterproof brxl. any insite would be appreciated I will also be running lipo I want run time. why is the spawn cheaper then the others?

Last edited by scarecrow; 12-03-2014 at 08:05 AM.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #985
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerb7784 View Post
Hey there! Ive got a wraith kit version. Novak goat 3s esc, novak ballistic crawler 21.5 turn brushless motor. So far great crawler, i enjoy it. Anywys i want to move batt up front n electronics in back. Im running sto k as-3 servo. My pfoblem is my servo wires are to short to reach reciever in back. I know they make extensions but is this a futaba model from axial? Or does anyone know an extension they could recomend so i can get up n goin again?? Im gonna order parts friday and would like that to be on my list. Your help would be greatly apreciated.
Most extensions should be universal. Worst case scenario you might have to shave the plug with a razor blade.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #986
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
buying a wraith today! my problem is I cannot make up my mind on which one. original , ps or spawn. I am looking for something to crawl and trail ride. I have tons of rock on my property. it will also be in water I know the spawn has waterproof esc but I was thinking about down the road swapping out for a waterproof brxl. any insite would be appreciated I will also be running lipo I want run time. why is the spawn cheaper then the others?
While I prefer the styling of the PS Wraith, I think the Spawn is a good buy. I don't like the body, but the same old Wraith cage is underneath of that body and ready for customizing!

I would lean you towards the Spawn, but you have to be willing to wait for it's release as that is still a few weeks away. Here are some reasons:
  • Much stronger driveshafts
  • 32 pitch spur and pinion with dual slipper design
  • New Waterproof RX box
  • New lightweight interior (also a cost savings)
  • Heard a rumor that the Ripsaws were R35
  • Lower cost
  • Only downside is the cheap ESC.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #987
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
Lack of a scale interior and a one piece body, along with the new esc are likely the reasons for the lower price.
gbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:11 AM   #988
Rock Stacker

I don't know why im having a hard time choosing cause im gonna endup changing it all anyways...lol... I wanna turn it into a scale hard body. I have a old clodbuster chevy truck hard body just sitting here I was thinking about fitting that onto it. I don't really feel like waiting for the spawn I did not realize it was not out yet.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #989

Just go with the cheaper one - you'll change it all anyway
Bronco39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #990
Rock Stacker

debating on buying the KIT or waiting for the Spawn? Thoughts? If Spawn will it really be here in time for Christmas ordering?

Need a Yeti too and am in the opposite boat.
JohnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
While I prefer the styling of the PS Wraith, I think the Spawn is a good buy. I don't like the body, but the same old Wraith cage is underneath of that body and ready for customizing!

I would lean you towards the Spawn, but you have to be willing to wait for it's release as that is still a few weeks away. Here are some reasons:
  • Much stronger driveshafts
  • 32 pitch spur and pinion with dual slipper design
  • New Waterproof RX box
  • New lightweight interior (also a cost savings)
  • Heard a rumor that the Ripsaws were R35
  • Lower cost
  • Only downside is the cheap ESC.
I am new to this and have never layed eyes on a ps or wraith.
I to am thinking about buying a wraith and I like the looks of the PS wraith but i like the up dates of the above list. My question is can you remove the spawn body and does the spawn cage have the mounting hardware/holes or what ever it takes to attach the poison spyder panels and still able to move the battery to the front. And will the spawn interior look ok and fit with the ps panels?

Tryin to figure out if it would be easier to buy the ps and up grade it or buy the spawn and put the ps stuff on it.
Thanks for any info.
Bc35339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #992
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc35339 View Post
I am new to this and have never layed eyes on a ps or wraith.
I to am thinking about buying a wraith and I like the looks of the PS wraith but i like the up dates of the above list. My question is can you remove the spawn body and does the spawn cage have the mounting hardware/holes or what ever it takes to attach the poison spyder panels and still able to move the battery to the front. And will the spawn interior look ok and fit with the ps panels?

Tryin to figure out if it would be easier to buy the ps and up grade it or buy the spawn and put the ps stuff on it.
Thanks for any info.
Under the Spawn body is the same standard Wraith chassis, so a PS body will bolt right on. I believe the interior will be just fine.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #993

thinking about putting a dig unit in my 13lb c3 rig.

from what i can tell, there are only 2 options for the wraith trans, the axial and the hr.

just wondering if anybody has any user experience with them and if they will hold up to a portly c3 scaler runnin pro4 power.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #994
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
thinking about putting a dig unit in my 13lb c3 rig.

from what i can tell, there are only 2 options for the wraith trans, the axial and the hr.

just wondering if anybody has any user experience with them and if they will hold up to a portly c3 scaler runnin pro4 power.
I don't but I'm interested to hear what the outcome is when you try one.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #995

edit. ill stop speculatin and just see what happens.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #996

My 12 year old has got me back into the RC scene with the purchase of his Honcho in October. Since then I too have purchased a Honcho and, just last week, a Spawn for myself. Very informative thread and like Harley mentioned, most of the needed info is on the first couple of pages.

As for the Spawn, I have moved the battery up to the front and replaced the front dogbone axles with universals. Next purchase was to be the Vanquish links, however, the stock servo didn't make it through the first battery!! Looks like the next purchase will instead be a Hitec HS7955TG and a CC BEC. Thanks Harley for the great info!!
DMK855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:18 AM   #997
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMK855 View Post
My 12 year old has got me back into the RC scene with the purchase of his Honcho in October. Since then I too have purchased a Honcho and, just last week, a Spawn for myself. Very informative thread and like Harley mentioned, most of the needed info is on the first couple of pages.

As for the Spawn, I have moved the battery up to the front and replaced the front dogbone axles with universals. Next purchase was to be the Vanquish links, however, the stock servo didn't make it through the first battery!! Looks like the next purchase will instead be a Hitec HS7955TG and a CC BEC. Thanks Harley for the great info!!
Thanks man. I'm curious on your battery, how are battery swaps with the body? I don't have a Spawn yet.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Thanks man. I'm curious on your battery, how are battery swaps with the body? I don't have a Spawn yet.
Harley, right now the battery swap is a pain as I have to undo the left side of the body and roll the body over to the right. I plan on swapping to the PL Bronco body in the near future. When I make that swap, I will cut and hinge the hood.
DMK855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #999

Has anyone cut spawn body to have hinged hood? I want to move battery up front but do not want to remove body every time you change battery.
Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:40 AM   #1000

I used the ms tech hood pin kit on the sides of my spawn. So now I just have to pull the pins rather then unscrew the body everytime.
NorOr Markie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html
Posted By For Type Date
need help with the torque twist on the wraith - RC Rock Crawlers & Scalers @ URC Forums This thread Refback 02-14-2013 09:16 PM
looking to buy a crawler. whats good? - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board This thread Refback 12-16-2011 10:09 AM
RCCrawler.se • Visa trÃ¥d - Striiiker, Axial Wraith This thread Refback 12-08-2011 01:24 PM
RR Wraith By Rock (Star) - Pagina 2 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 12-03-2011 02:46 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 11-27-2011 03:27 PM
Nuovo Axial Wraith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Pagina 70 - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 11-22-2011 12:07 AM
KS Wraith This thread Refback 10-28-2011 05:21 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-27-2011 12:24 PM
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Lançamento: Axial Wraith KIT This thread Refback 10-17-2011 05:52 PM
RC crawler guys - thinking about getting into the hobby - Page 4 - YotaTech Forums This thread Refback 10-15-2011 12:06 PM
Axial Wraith battery selection - Radio Control Zone This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:40 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - Axial Wraith: Experiencias, comentarios y preparaciones. This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:04 PM

Wraith Beginners Guide - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR-10 beginners problems mcmalta Electronics 10 11-29-2011 11:04 AM
beginners build firefighter1211 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 11-19-2010 09:44 PM
Beginners build mhuffman_81 EnRoute Berg 13 07-17-2009 05:42 PM
crawler for beginners farm__boy Newbie General 12 02-15-2009 02:07 PM
Beginners guide increasing your rigs sidewalling ability rockwerks General Crawlers 15 05-09-2007 06:26 PM