RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Wraith Beginners Guide (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html)

LooseMoose1978 01-31-2015 12:47 PM

Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

Is there a write up anywhere about how to remove slop/play from the front axle? I tried searching bit came up with nothing since I'm unsure of what to search for

Trail Blazer 01-31-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LooseMoose1978 (Post 5131648)
Is there a write up anywhere about how to remove slop/play from the front axle? I tried searching bit came up with nothing since I'm unsure of what to search for

Hey man not to sure if you and I are on the same track here but fuel hose can for the suspension arms and shocks. If your talking about inside with gears and CV's or unis and gears are nope sorry I got nothing

altd896 02-01-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LooseMoose1978 (Post 5131648)

That sounds like your stock locker is on it's way out.
Your options are;
a clamping style locker such as Vanquish (HotRacing make one also but unsure of quality on that). These can be a little tricky to set-up with the axle centred & are know to sometimes back the grub screws off.
Axial Wraith Locker for SCX10 and AX10 Type Axles - Vanquish Products

a full spool, solid no grub screws, cheaper, simpler. HotRacing is an option here but also Locked Up FI, Holmes Hobbies & SuperShafty.
Locked up RC - FI Spool
Holmes Hobbies LLC
Super Spools - Super Shafty

LooseMoose1978 02-02-2015 03:29 AM

Thanks altd896! I'll look into it

gbean 02-02-2015 11:39 AM

Locked up's spool is my favorite. Just sand the finish off the axle tangs and make sure they insert smoothly before assembling.

LooseMoose1978 02-02-2015 03:03 PM

I took a look and I think I'm gonna go with a spool, just not sure of what brand yet. I've heard good things about HH but I'll definitely look into the other two. Thanks for the advice all!

rmurphy 02-08-2015 12:22 PM

Looking for some help, I've read most of these sticky's and am still confused with all the terms and what I need.

I have a stock wraith that I would like to upgrade a little. I did all the small upgrades like the battery forward and all those little things and I like how it all drives. I mostly use it trail riding around my house and crawling rocks in the back yard, I put a cheap 35t motor in it and didn't like it, then I put a 27t axial motor in it just to see the difference and that's more around what I wanted but I'm sure there's better out there.

I am running the stock electronics for everything and have no idea what it all means. I charge the batteries and drive it haha I know nothing about programming or hooking things up...and I mean NOTHING haha

I was looking at a HH torque master pro and expert 27T......I don't know the difference in the 2 (can someone please explain?)

If I pick one of these motors what else do I NEED?

All help is greatly appreciated

pic of my rig

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3fivijxd.jpg

Trail Blazer 02-08-2015 01:16 PM

HHObbies great motor will be slower then that axial motor your using man. But heaps more torque to 😁 I am sure u read the stickies on th turns ...tell ya what I am thinking of doing is getting a kit to take all that flex out of the wraith ...

Harley 02-08-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riff_raff (Post 5139845)
HHObbies great motor will be slower then that axial motor your using man. But heaps more torque to 😁 I am sure u read the stickies on th turns ...tell ya what I am thinking of doing is getting a kit to take all that flex out of the wraith ...

He put an Axial 27t in, not a 20t. So a Holmes motor will be very close to the same speed but still more torque.

If you just want to swap the motor, nothing else will be needed. Simple swap. The difference between the two is simply how they are built. The Pro is hand wound inside which means you get a little more copper so a little more torque. The Expert is wound by a machine, so is a little less precise. It is more like a stock motor but with much better parts.

two_gear 02-25-2015 08:19 AM

Thank you Harley and everyone for all the info. I have read through this sticky oh I would say at least 6 or 7 times to wrap my head around the sequence of upgrades for my Axial Spawn. After beating the tar out of it with stock setup I knew this is the part of RC I wanted to stay with (been doing RC for 30 years now). I took the advice of getting a MMB Pro set it up with reverse rotation then slapped the HH TrailMaster BL Sport 540 2700KV motor on 2s. Runs like a Brahma bull. Jonathan from HH was awesome for all the info he gave me. I would like to run it on 3S just for some quick trailing. To get just a little more top end for this what would be my end point for tooth count on the pinion without messing up the stock tranny and overheating the motor?

gbean 02-25-2015 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two_gear (Post 5157332)
Thank you Harley and everyone for all the info. I have read through this sticky oh I would say at least 6 or 7 times to wrap my head around the sequence of upgrades for my Axial Spawn. After beating the tar out of it with stock setup I knew this is the part of RC I wanted to stay with (been doing RC for 30 years now). I took the advice of getting a MMB Pro set it up with reverse rotation then slapped the HH TrailMaster BL Sport 540 2700KV motor on 2s. Runs like a Brahma bull. Jonathan from HH was awesome for all the info he gave me. I would like to run it on 3S just for some quick trailing. To get just a little more top end for this what would be my end point for tooth count on the pinion without messing up the stock tranny and overheating the motor?

You just have to go up in the gearing and watch temps. If you've gone too far, lower the gear ratio.

two_gear 02-26-2015 06:52 AM

Thanks gbean. For brushless I still want to keep it below 160 degrees F correct?

Crawlin' Lobster 03-11-2015 09:52 PM

Anyone know if there is a scx length skid that is wraith width and has upper link mounts? I'm building a smaller wheelbase 1.9 setup with scx axles and I'd like to get the front and rear links closer to each other if possible. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I've been doing some searching for options and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

gbean 03-11-2015 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two_gear (Post 5158492)
Thanks gbean. For brushless I still want to keep it below 160 degrees F correct?

Something around there.

karki 03-31-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 5015778)
I don't but I'm interested to hear what the outcome is when you try one.

vanquish dig

Dirt Diggler 06-23-2015 03:38 PM

New to crawling and a wraith. Thanks for the info, I've read it twice top to bottom and keep learning new stuff.

byrnieman 07-25-2015 04:59 AM

Bought a Wraith today and was hoping that someone could tell me what I should upgrade... just kidding, I am going back 51 pages for a light read!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MSH 08-18-2015 09:20 AM

so is the AR60 axle's width supposed to be secret? can't find it anywhere?!?

northern hooligan 12-30-2015 02:25 PM

As the title says, I am a beginner and a total noob at the world of RC. I bought the Axiel Wraith Spawn as it appealed to me the most.

So, first thing will be - as suggest by my nephew - is to put the "driver/passenger" from the RR10 into the Spawn, then move onto the battery mod, hood mod, and paint it.

First, I have some more reading to do on this site.

Hope to have some photos up at some point after the Christmas / New Year festivities end.

Gerry

Nugget04 02-01-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horton1 (Post 5112699)
Has anyone cut spawn body to have hinged hood? I want to move battery up front but do not want to remove body every time you change battery.

I did the hood mod to my friends wraith for him. I ended up doing it much like the mod for the poison spyder wraith. Check out the vids on youtube to see how to do that.