RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Wraith Beginners Guide (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/323522-wraith-beginners-guide.html)

Big_White 05-22-2017 12:49 PM

Re: Wraith Beginners Guide

do i need a BEC for tgy-5521mdhv servo?

mikemcE 05-22-2017 01:15 PM

Esc, battery ?

Hang up and Drive

Big_White 05-22-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5710261)
Esc, battery ?

Hang up and Drive

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...d-car-esc.html

5500 2S battery

BloodLustWraith 06-16-2017 01:04 AM

Hey everyone gonna revive this thread,

My names Mike and I'm the proud new owner of a wraith(enroute via usps now) bwuahaha never knew these things existed before. I usually used my jeep to do rock crawling, but a friend of mine bought a wraight and this thing ia a ton of fun. I've got nothing in the knowledge bank about these and well I've purchased a few parts to throw on mine when it comes in *thanks to Harleys beginner guide*. I will try to do an over view of what the previous owner has already done as soon as I get hands on it. I can't wait to dive into this crawler. Harley thank you for the info along with everyone else. Please bare with me as I'm a newb and discovering the awesomeness that comes with this crawler. Thank you again.

gahendo 06-27-2017 08:59 AM

Anyone know if blue monkey is still in bussiness? I placed an order just about a month ago and emailed/pmd 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything.

Hbbrown 06-27-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gahendo (Post 5722279)
Anyone know if blue monkey is still in bussiness? I placed an order just about a month ago and emailed/pmd 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything.

I placed my order on the first and have been trying to make contact with him ever since. I did send a email prior asking if stock was available for the ifs kit. Matt emailed me and said he had a dozen left. Here it is 28 days after my order was placed and not a single word.

gahendo 06-28-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hbbrown (Post 5722541)
I placed my order on the first and have been trying to make contact with him ever since. I did send a email prior asking if stock was available for the ifs kit. Matt emailed me and said he had a dozen left. Here it is 28 days after my order was placed and not a single word.

Mine was the third ill give it alittle more time,but am getting anxious.

Sneetches 06-28-2017 01:45 PM

Sounds like you guys need to file a Paypal dispute or something and see what happens there. He might be dealing with something but to leave a customer hanging for almost a month is unacceptable, I myself wouldn't have let it go more than 2 weeks without assuming something was wrong.

Hbbrown 07-06-2017 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hbbrown (Post 5722541)

Update!! Finally today Blue Monkey makes contact after order place on the 6-1. Just apologized refunded money and says he doesn't do much with the rc business these days. WTF?? I offered to buy his business? We will see what happens next. At least I'm getting my money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikemcE 07-06-2017 07:00 PM

OK...... hmmmmmm

Hang up and Drive

gahendo 07-20-2017 06:46 PM

Got ahold of him and all my items were shipped.

Tarry 09-27-2017 02:48 PM

Question about Wraith...Does the unit brake when going up or down hill if throttle is released? New to this type crawler. Have seen a Spawn and it does not have that type brake so truck will roll when stopped. Thanks...

tjohanne 09-29-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarry (Post 5752263)
Question about Wraith...Does the unit brake when going up or down hill if throttle is released? New to this type crawler. Have seen a Spawn and it does not have that type brake so truck will roll when stopped. Thanks...

well, you can adjust that how you want on the ESC.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AZdirtdog007 04-07-2019 06:04 PM

I would like new gears and an aluminum case but all i see are 2 speed what am i missing

Rockeeyordy 04-09-2019 07:35 PM

What’s the best motor to run with the stock esc? I keep burning out the 20t I have the transmission geared for climbing.

offroad1911 05-05-2019 04:37 AM

Would like to see some opinions. Im going to run a 48p 87t spur with a 16t pinion on a 35T
Holmes motor only on 2S. Do i really need to run steel gears in the transmission?

TheLetterJ 05-05-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offroad1911 (Post 5932400)
Would like to see some opinions. Im going to run a 48p 87t spur with a 16t pinion on a 35T
Holmes motor only on 2S. Do i really need to run steel gears in the transmission?

Depends on a lot of things, but eventually the plastic trans gears will fail. One of my Wraith's lasted 3+ years before they failed (21t 550 brushed, 2s, stock Ripsaw tires, no added weight, clutch still functional... the "loaner" car) but another one stripped the idler gear on the 2nd run. If you're just questioning the cost/benefit, Axial AX31585 is a sintered metal gear set that's only $7 and has been holding up with a brushless outrunner, 3s, locked clutch, and 5.75" tiires on my 8lb Wraith for a full year now (previously had SSD high ratio trans which uses hardened steel gears.)

mikemcE 05-05-2019 01:36 PM

Yes you do. You can go sintered or machined. The plastic will fail without warning, especially if the clutch isn’t perfect.

Hang up and Drive

Killah2469 06-24-2019 06:52 PM

I am looking to get axle's for my wraith and was wondering if I should get the vanquish cvd's or are the axial one's just as good for less money?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk