Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Ldogg's Wraith's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

video of my son and I out with our Wraith's today.

LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Nice vid! What an awesome way to spend some time with your son. The closest I come to that is having my two year old squeezing the tires on my rigs! I can't wait. Before long, he'll understand picking the right lines, and the 4x4 seed will be planted for the rest of his life! I can still smell the tires on my first real rc almost 25 years ago. Good job Dad!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Thanks! Along the way I was trying to explain to him picking good lines, and to not pick up the rig... the important thing was he had a blast and is ready to go again.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Vanquish goodies just showed up....

Old 07-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

got my chubs, knuckles, steering, and lockouts installed tonight. I think i need to replace the replaced servo.... it just doesn't move these tires as much as i think it could...

upper and lower links are going on tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Well I decided to pull the hitec 7950 from my lcc, and wire in a CC Bec. Swapped the receiver for a futaba, so I can run my 4pl, and installed the new link. also routed the power connetion for the esc under the interior.
poser shot

Steering, chubs and knuckles.

Links

Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Looks good man
dubAron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Thanks! My GoPro HD will be here next week, and I can't wait to get it on the rocks again.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #29

Does Vanquish sell all of their Wraiths upgrade options as a package? Are there any parts from Vanquish that aren't needed? I'll be upgrading my servo and motor, and have read that I'll need to upgrade my steering arm, C hubs and knuckles. Should I also upgrade the links? Anything else I should upgrade I'd like to order everything now while I wait for my Wraith, so I don't have to wait two weeks for parts every time I break something....

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDogg View Post
Well I decided to pull the hitec 7950 from my lcc, and wire in a CC Bec. Swapped the receiver for a futaba, so I can run my 4pl, and installed the new link. also routed the power connetion for the esc under the interior. ]

Last edited by sasquatch420; 07-09-2011 at 09:51 PM.
sasquatch420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

They only sell them separately. The plastic links would be ok but after a while could bend out of shape. I usually swap my links anyway, and these being Ti, they should last a while I hope.

I ran the rig outside for a few minutes earlier, and the servo upgrade made a huge difference. It has no problem turning those ripsaws.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

The upgrades look killer. Vanquish doesn't mess around. Question...on the one pic of the left hand side as you look at the steering, it looks like the chub and drag linkage (hex nut) are hitting the wheel. Is that a photo mirage? I can't reference the exact picture...but it looks way off. straighten me out!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

Nice to see all that Vanquish stuff on there. I ordered all the same upgrades for my Wraith. How much weight over stock do you think is added?
spidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

thanks!

your not seeing things, it's real close. I had to use a longer screw then stock to attach those links. I started with a pan head screw, but it rubbed the rim. so i flipped the screw, and put the nut there. it's real close, but i have ran it and checked it, and it doesn't seem to rub. Vanquish does say it will be close though.

not sure on the weight, but those links are solid.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

You beat me to all of it, all I got was the knuckles, and steering links.......but I did order the chubs today And after monday I am getting my Holmes Hobby order together We should go run ours sometime
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:04 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

In the pics., have you install C-hub with clockable? And how come your knuckle is black but the arm is Red ? Just curious Thanks.
flybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakaj View Post
You beat me to all of it, all I got was the knuckles, and steering links.......but I did order the chubs today And after monday I am getting my Holmes Hobby order together We should go run ours sometime
Sweet! Yeah we should hit PP. I am thinking about moving my chubs from the stock clocked position they are in to see if the nut will fit indside the wheel.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybird View Post
In the pics., have you install C-hub with clockable? And how come your knuckle is black but the arm is Red ? Just curious Thanks.
I clocked the chubs like stock. The red arm is what comes with the black knuckles. It looks pretty sweet two-tone too.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

i am getting ready to order from VP but had a question. glad you posted pic of this.
do the C hubs and knuckles come with all the hardware? i broke my stock ones and lost one of the screws and the little bushing on the c hub.
on the steering links you ordered, did they come with the rod ends? edit: looked at the pics again, looks like there in the package.
edit: 3rd q, where are you guys getting the upgrades pitman arms? not sure if thats the right name for it, the piece that attaches to the steering servo that the drag link bolts to.

thanks.
Chris

Last edited by bmf24; 07-10-2011 at 11:19 AM.
bmf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

That must be fun, ordering for two Wraiths. And I think one breaks the bank....

Let me know how the 4pl is with it. I have one for my scx10, not sure if I want to swap or get a second or....I would like to have two txs so friends can play
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:45 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf24 View Post
i am getting ready to order from VP but had a question. glad you posted pic of this.
do the C hubs and knuckles come with all the hardware? i broke my stock ones and lost one of the screws and the little bushing on the c hub.
on the steering links you ordered, did they come with the rod ends? edit: looked at the pics again, looks like there in the package.
edit: 3rd q, where are you guys getting the upgrades pitman arms? not sure if thats the right name for it, the piece that attaches to the steering servo that the drag link bolts to.

thanks.
Chris
The red arms are zero Ackerman arms and included in the package. You need to reuse your existing hardware, and a longer screw for the drag link and tie rod. Like 12 or 14 mm.