Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Ldogg's Wraith's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 02:09 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

thanks. the red honcho with ripsaws is now a NB JK, and I added another scx10 wrangler unlimited. the black honcho is going to become a brute, once a find another new bright body. I also sold my xr10 and have an exo on pre-order with RPP.
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

you can see, I have a thing for Jeeps.

Old 11-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Looks Awesome!, I also ordered the RTR for my sons birthday next week and I'm getting the kit version so that I can putit together with my son cant wait to take him out and do some trailing everything should be here by this Wednesday or Friday.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:22 AM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Looks great! What roof lights are those?
perseus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 AM   #105
Rock Crawler

Thanks! The light bar on that scx10 there is from LD Racing. I think RPP hobby is the exclusive dealer, but not sure if that's the case anymore. It's crazy bright. I have some pics in my build thread for that rig.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Well I need to update this thread. I have not messed with the rig since last November, but I started fooling around with it the other night. I still need to paint the body, but I have moved the esc to the rear, and relocated the power switch. I also picked up some scale goodies, and have a vp CMS on the way. I plan on making a rear deck lid, and running a proline rack back there. Then a dinky rc trail rack with a gear head (ld racing) trail torch led light bar like my 4 door jk. Need to swap wheels and maybe tires out, and add some additional scale accessories too.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ldogg's Wraith's

Man dude, I thought I had an addiction but you make me feel normal!

Then I saw where you said you had that Jeep thing and it all started to make sense.

Looks sicked draped in cutup JK. How badly do the tires rub?

Last edited by meatmonkey; 02-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Haha, what's worse is I just bought a honcho RTR, a dingo kit and a wraith kit..... Yeah I have a problem....
Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Vp CMS should be here Thursday. I also ordered 2 Sam Fischer figures and 2 Chris redfield figures. I plan on putting two in this wraith, and two in the wraith kit.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #110
Pebble Pounder

I like the idea of the cargo cover with a rack on it...looks neat.
94smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Thanks, that was a spur of the moment thing. I have have that proline cargo rack for months just laying around. The idea just came to me while looking at the deck lid. I thought hmm I wonder if that will fit, and sure enough it fits like a glove.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

These things do want to multiply. Already looking at an scx10 to go with my wraith.
Scott105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

Haha, yeah they do. What makes it worse is that this is only the crawler collection. It doesn't account for the short course, monster trucks, 1/16 scale traxxas, or 1/5 scale baja rigs.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

geez, well, if you ever decide that you need one less honcho, I know a painter up in Canada who would love one...
94smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Minor update.
Vp cms is here.

Got sam fisher fitted.

Stretched the steering wheel with a bic pen. I am not completely thrilled with how thick the steering wheel shaft is, but it will do for now.

Thee in a couple sleeping bags for now, need a cooler or two and some more scale goodies.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Ok major update. I dropped the jk body and just painted some wraith panels a satin black on the outside. I liked the jeep body, but with the cms I was going to have to hack it up more, and I messed it up when mounting the front bumper. So I decided to pitch it. I actually prefer the satin black panels. I swapped the shocks out, mounted the cms bracket, made and painted the rear deck lid, and mounted the interior cargo rack. Then I thought hmm a full size spare would look sweet. So I too the spare tire bracket from a Dingo body I had laying around, cut it down to fit, drilled it out, and the drilled the cage. 4 screws and that tire is on. I need to get a gear head led light bar and I think in need the pan hard kit too. When I steer to the right, I hardly have any tire movement. To the left is fine.

Any way on to pics

Old 02-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #117
Rock Crawler

A chassis mounted servo and a four link dosen't work. I've tried it, the chassis moves and not the tires. You'll need to do a three link / panhard to get it to work properly.

Personally, having rigs with both set up's, I prefer a axle mounted servo. Just like in my 1:1, hydraulic steering, ram is mounted on the axle. Having a steering box mounted to the frame is old school and doesn't work as well for hard core wheeling. IMO.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

The rig is looking good! I love the black and the scale details are a nice touch. Nice to see this thing again.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #119
Rock Crawler

Thx. Once I get the light bar and some additional scale goodies it should be good to go. I am thinking about 4ws.... So we will see.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
A chassis mounted servo and a four link dosen't work. I've tried it, the chassis moves and not the tires. You'll need to do a three link / panhard to get it to work properly.

Personally, having rigs with both set up's, I prefer a axle mounted servo. Just like in my 1:1, hydraulic steering, ram is mounted on the axle. Having a steering box mounted to the frame is old school and doesn't work as well for hard core wheeling. IMO.
Yep.

Sam needs a wider "seatbelt" zip-tie and paint a little buckle on it or make a buckle with a bit of styrene and then paint it.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote