Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Horsetooth Badlands Wraith * NEW VIDEO on page 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Horsetooth Badlands Wraith * NEW VIDEO on page 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohiker View Post
hey if you don mind me asking how you made the sides i really like those look like they grew there
Thanks

I am assuming you are talking about the boatsides? They are made from a 1/8" sheet of ABS plastic. It is heat moldable. I made a template from paperboard, transferred it to the plastic, and then heated and bent the piece to fit. On the bottom, a tab an each end wraps the tube frame, and then up on the side, it secures with body screws as you can see in the pictures.
dystance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #82
RCC Addict

thank you dystance for the great info i just got everything tuned and it is perfect speed to what i wanted it for. still crawlers the rocks but still got the wheel speed to get up the hills.
ax10tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystance View Post
Action shots (shameless pic whoring)

that 17.5 works great!!
gm0688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10tn View Post
thank you dystance for the great info i just got everything tuned and it is perfect speed to what i wanted it for. still crawlers the rocks but still got the wheel speed to get up the hills.
Glad to hear you are getting it dialed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
that 17.5 works great!!
EL cheapo too....Love my LHS The 17.5 on 2cell seems to work well. With the MMP, I can use the smart sense to smooth out the low speed and up the brakes for crawling or switch to sensor only and use the cheat (and make sure to tone down the brakes) to get good wheelspeed. Running the cheat I am careful to check the temperature and have found it runs hot if I just pin it the whole time, but under the stop and go of driving it seems to stay in a safe range. Seem to be getting around 45 min to an hour of runtime depending on driving.

All that said, I may go to a 3 cell and use less cheat........
Old 02-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #85

I have been watching this and man you have done a great job. I am working on my first rc ever and so far I am loving it. I run the mmp and a tekin 13.5. In cheat mode it is stupid fast but it is so tunable that you can do whatever you want. Love the terrain you are running in. By the way I am taking your advice and picking up some of those shocks. After watching the videos you are running yours pretty much the same as I am mine.
barnyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #86
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnyard View Post
I have been watching this and man you have done a great job. I am working on my first rc ever and so far I am loving it. I run the mmp and a tekin 13.5. In cheat mode it is stupid fast but it is so tunable that you can do whatever you want. Love the terrain you are running in. By the way I am taking your advice and picking up some of those shocks. After watching the videos you are running yours pretty much the same as I am mine.
Thanks I bet the 13.5 is fast. It has been a fun build and there are still some upgrades to go yet, but I am really happy with it's performance and durability. I have abused it and the only breakage is a cracked front bumper that I am still running.

You will like the shocks. I am happy with the half droop setup with internal and external springs that I am running. Seems to soak up the bumps really well.

Since this build is nearly done until something breaks, I have been slowly working on my kit version so keep an eye out for my new build soon. I have been refining some ideas and also bringing in some new ideas.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #87

That is a real nice build
MADDOGC5 is offline   Reply With Quote