Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Fincrawlers Wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Fincrawlers Wraith

Finally, we got the Wraith to edge of the world too and got mine a couple of days ago.

First run was yesterday and already encountered with problems.
It seems that driveshaft screws, those inside the inner tube, were loose and i had to tighten them.
Well, that wasnt enough, they still didnt hold up so i had to put some thread lock and so far they last.

Today, i went bashing around with 2S lipos when this happened:

So, the idler gear stripped.

And that happened probably because of this:

Output bearing was completely stuck and had melted the bearing hole as you can see from the pic.

Bearing completely stuck after 2 days??? Idler gear stripped after 2 days??? WTF???

Am i the first one to have this on stock setup and after only 2 days of driving??
Heck, ive had AX-10 and SCX10 and neither never had any problems with transmission gears or bearings even with hard bashing..

Contacted Axial and they said that they would send me a replacement but they cant ship outside North America.
So they asked if i could contact my retailer and ask them to contact their supplier who should contact Axial..

Oh well, time to do some modifications or something else productive..

BTW, extremely fun car to drive, no doubt about that!

Last edited by FinCrawler; 08-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Looks like that bearing seized up, bummer man. Just the luck of the draw sometimes. Axial will get you fixed up one way or another.

I agree on how fun it is, totally a blast to drive!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
20K Club

Definitely haven't seen that carnage out of a stock setup yet. It does look like a seized bearing was the cause.

Get your replacements on the way and upgrade in the mean time
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Needless to say, i will grease that transmission VERY well when i get the replacements..

Already ordered steel gearing from Liquid, but i still want that Axial replaces those parts for me as thats unacceptable after 2 days of driving.
I could use some spares still..
Old 08-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Anybody else had problems with knuckle screws? Meaning those two screws which attach the knuckle on the c-hub.
I have tightened those many times and still they wont hold. Today both lower screws got loose and i had to tighten them.
Seems that plastic on c-hubs is very soft and the screw just wont stay there no matter how much you tighten.
Suppose i have to order aluminium c-hubs at some point but was just wondering hows that possible? Never seen this problem before with Axial c-hubs.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The knuckle screws fell out on me at the trail. Id like to put some ca on there as threadlock but fear locking the whole knuckle up. I think ill just upgrade to aluminum and use regular thread lock.
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote