Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: "Southern Comfort" by CFM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #621
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: "Southern Comfort" by CFM

The new boots look great. Big as hell! Bummer on the scale run, but the lower case cfm comes first.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #622

I just read through this whole thread last night. Didn't get to bed until like 3:30am haha. Just wanted to say you do AWESOME work with those axles. All the scale details are amazing with all your trucks. This thread has made me want to start working on my Wraith again but with going to school and no job right now it's a bit tough.

Im curious as to how you made the remote reservoir for the king shocks. I really like those shocks and your mod made them 100 times better!

Awesome build man!
Sean W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #623
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean W View Post
I just read through this whole thread last night. Didn't get to bed until like 3:30am haha. Just wanted to say you do AWESOME work with those axles. All the scale details are amazing with all your trucks. This thread has made me want to start working on my Wraith again but with going to school and no job right now it's a bit tough.

Im curious as to how you made the remote reservoir for the king shocks. I really like those shocks and your mod made them 100 times better!

Awesome build man!
Thanks for taking the time to go through it.
For the reservoirs, I simply cut the piggy back reservoir off the shocks, removed the material from where it was attached on both the shock cap and reservoir, drilled both pieces for 2mm hardware for the hose to attach to.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #624
Metal shaper

Holy crap!! These live up to all the hype.

Took the truck out today despite it being nasty and wet still. I hate wheeling in these conditions mainly because of cleanup and it was the first time running these tires. They have been mounted since Sunday night and I just couldn't hold out anymore. They work so good it's ridiculous! No BS!! I still run a slipper on my truck and usually never notice it unless its really bound up. These tires have so much traction that it was constantly spinning the slipper, but that's okay. They also don't have any bounce to them when I get I in the throttle and back out. They just settle. Super stable. Throw mud and dirt more than the cut x2ss Boggers, learned that the hard way. Just an all out amazing tire.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #625
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
Holy crap!! These live up to all the hype.

Took the truck out today despite it being nasty and wet still. I hate wheeling in these conditions mainly because of cleanup and it was the first time running these tires. They have been mounted since Sunday night and I just couldn't hold out anymore. They work so good it's ridiculous! No BS!! I still run a slipper on my truck and usually never notice it unless its really bound up. These tires have so much traction that it was constantly spinning the slipper, but that's okay. They also don't have any bounce to them when I get I in the throttle and back out. They just settle. Super stable. Throw mud and dirt more than the cut x2ss Boggers, learned that the hard way. Just an all out amazing tire.
truck looks great all dirty clay
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #626
Metal shaper

Thanks Dan. Run got cut short when I noticed one of the C hubs had come loose and was moving all over the place. The Vanquish VVD's didn't even think about breaking while I was beating on it with the hub assembly hanging by a stub.
Also gonna have to get an aluminum Trans case as all that traction has worked it's way through and the Trans mount screws are getting worn out.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #627
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks Dan. Run got cut short when I noticed one of the C hubs had come loose and was moving all over the place. The Vanquish VVD's didn't even think about breaking while I was beating on it with the hub assembly hanging by a stub.
Also gonna have to get an aluminum Trans case as all that traction has worked it's way through and the Trans mount screws are getting worn out.
you need to tig the c hubs on
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #628
Metal shaper

Gonna be kind of hard welding aluminum to steel.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #629
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's a good tire right there. So sticky it's yanking screws out.
Soulo747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #630
Pebble Pounder

Nice work! You have allot of hours invested in your project.
RcScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #631
Rock Crawler

Clay what would you charge to do the remote reservoir mod to another set of kings?
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #632
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskancrawler View Post
Clay what would you charge to do the remote reservoir mod to another set of kings?
Pm sent
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #633
Metal shaper

Looking for someone who can edit video that's interested in helping out. I don't have the abilities to do the cool stuff like isolate certain parts in slow-motion, or the know how. Only software I have is iMovie and have not messed with it, in over nine years since my son was first born, and even then did not do any fancy stuff. If you're willing, I can just mail a thumb drive with video as that would probably be easiest
Thanks
Clay
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #634
RCC Addict

Quote:
Looking for someone who can edit video that's interested in helping out. I don't have the abilities to do the cool stuff like isolate certain parts in slow-motion, or the know how. Only software I have is iMovie and have not messed with it, in over nine years since my son was first born, and even then did not do any fancy stuff. If you're willing, I can just mail a thumb drive with video as that would probably be easiest
Thanks
Clay
I know how, but I'm pretty pressed for time. However, there are several guys here in my office that I'd give the nod to. Only drawback is that they aren't free. On the plus side, they're VERY good at what they do, and quick to boot. LMK if you want me to introduce you. One of them is even has sponsors...

On a side note... I LOVE that roof design. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) LOL
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #635
Metal shaper

Thanks Brian, my time is completely used up on other endeavors as well. I'll give you a call if I don't get a hookup.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #636
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks Brian, my time is completely used up on other endeavors as well. I'll give you a call if I don't get a hookup.
Sounds good. Hopefully you can find someone to step up and do it just for the 'street cred'.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #637
Metal shaper

Rivasconcepts has picked up the job.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #638
Rock Crawler

Quote:

His videos are sick.
alaskancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #639
RCC Addict

Very cool. Can't wait to see the footage!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #640
Rock Crawler

Quote:
He has a lot good videos on YouTube
throttlejock27 is offline   Reply With Quote

"Southern Comfort" by CFM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyle L's Wraith with a bit of Southern Comfort NaZ-T Axial Wraith 35 04-13-2012 11:25 AM
RC Car vs. Car AIRBAG!! AKA what I do at work:) 73bronco Chit Chat 4 08-30-2011 06:44 PM