Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: "Southern Comfort" by CFM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #101
Metal shaper

Down in New Braunfels for a little last of the year vacation and crawling on good rocks. Posted up some vids on YouTube but only have my phone right now and don't know how to copy a link from there right now. You can search username powerranger9403 for the vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsXRQ35HjWk&sns=em

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

Last edited by CarterFab; 12-31-2011 at 12:51 PM.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: "Southern Comfort" by CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
Awesome!!! I love the aluminum panels you made! If you ever decide to sell those lmk.
Very nice touch with the wrap around skins! Haven't cut my kit lexan yet, will have to see if that's possible.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #103
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Very nice touch with the wrap around skins! Haven't cut my kit lexan yet, will have to see if that's possible.
I don't think its possible to make a one piece out of the stock lexan body set. I made a filler panel for mine when I run the lexan. But you could order a big sheet of .030" or .040" lexan and do it for sure

I'm loving my full wrap aluminum Clay! Caught some attention from the 1:1's down in the palm desert, for christmas. The more I beat on them the cooler they look

BTW, that Copperhead Roof is off the hook! Did you look at the Birthday Bash G6 thread or blogs on axial? J-Fab wrapped his panels in copper. Looked pretty sick.

Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
I don't think its possible to make a one piece out of the stock lexan body set. I made a filler panel for mine when I run the lexan. But you could order a big sheet of .030" or .040" lexan and do it for sure

I'm loving my full wrap aluminum Clay! Caught some attention from the 1:1's down in the palm desert, for christmas. The more I beat on them the cooler they look

BTW, that Copperhead Roof is off the hook! Did you look at the Birthday Bash G6 thread or blogs on axial? J-Fab wrapped his panels in copper. Looked pretty sick.
Ya I don't think so either...will look later though. Your filler panel looks good to and easier to match up with curves at corners. IIRC Tap Plastic has sheets in stock for cheap!

That Copper wrap is sweet too!
Old 12-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

hey man, youre blody lucky to have TWO wraiths!!!!! but with the silver rubicon hood one, the drag link looks to be some sort of shock, where did you get it from and why not use a normal one, what are the benefits. thanks for the help man, ive always just used normal ones and i reckon it looks sic.
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #106
Metal shaper

It's just a piece of aluminum I machined to look like a 1:1 hydraulic ram. I'm gonna redo it now that I have my servo chassis mounted.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #107
Metal shaper

My favorite new mod, maybe of all. Hooked the winch to the front axle to suck front end down. And with the CMS, the winch rope never touches the steering. Was gonna do 4ws but don't think I will anymore. So much fun to use and it makes climbs that were hard to even get started on before. Such a scale nerd.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Cool video Clay! I grew up in that area and yeah, those rocks down there have massive amounts of traction!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #109
Metal shaper

Thanks Jeremy.
Gonna try out some new shoes this weekend. 2.2/3.0 boggers on DE Racing wheels. Only thing is there will not be any weight in them so they maybe just for higher speed. Stuffed them with CI DD foams (med/med).
The R35 ripsaws work great just need a little more height. Hopefully RC4WD will solve that with the new compound.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryone View Post
Thanks Jeremy.
Gonna try out some new shoes this weekend. 2.2/3.0 boggers on DE Racing wheels. Only thing is there will not be any weight in them so they maybe just for higher speed. Stuffed them with CI DD foams (med/med).
The R35 ripsaws work great just need a little more height. Hopefully RC4WD will solve that with the new compound.

Wheels look like Slash 4x4...but what brand/model?
Old 01-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #111
Metal shaper

De racing wheels. They are short course wheels. Had crawler innovations do a set of ripsaws on white wheels also. Really cool and great for speed

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #112
Metal shaper

Default Re: "Southern Comfort" by CFM: KOH rebuild

Started redoing the truck to go with a more KOH style. Wanted to still use the stock chassis as much as possible to show wonderful of a platform it is. Whacked off the back of the cage but wanted to do a weld in version instead of the normal rod end bar mod. Modified the rear back crossmember that the side panels bolt to with a steel top bar. It bolts back into the plastic crossmember. Then I welded up the rear of the new cage. Still have some cleanup to do and haven't built the top section or windshield area yet. Also made a roof panel that holds 4 lights in the rear. Hoping to run 2 red, a yellow, and a blue. Saw that setup on Robby Gordon's KOH truck. The blue light flashed. If anyone knows how to modify the stock 4 light string from axial to this layout, please chime in. Or colored lenses would be fine. Will be putting on some shiny new skins as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Lookin' real good CFM!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

that is bad ass! i dig the light strip
1daywraps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #115
Metal shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1daywraps.com View Post
that is bad ass! i dig the light strip
Your cage will be bad ass as well sir. Promise. Hopefully have it done next week. I just had to spend a little me time tonight between the crazy week and cutting panels for everyone. Gonna pick up the new led's tomorrow hopefully.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

no worries man...i don't like to be pressed either. so when it's done it's done haha

although, i am anxious! haha

i just put a copy of my build up too...finally figured out how to start a thread!

B.e.wear's wraith build...no limits!
1daywraps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Nice Clay! The mods look really good!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:07 AM   #118
Metal shaper

Picked up the LEDs.

Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: "Southern Comfort" by CFM: KOH rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
Started redoing the truck to go with a more KOH style. Wanted to still use the stock chassis as much as possible to show wonderful of a platform it is. Whacked off the back of the cage but wanted to do a weld in version instead of the normal rod end bar mod. Modified the rear back crossmember that the side panels bolt to with a steel top bar. It bolts back into the plastic crossmember. Then I welded up the rear of the new cage. Still have some cleanup to do and haven't built the top section or windshield area yet. Also made a roof panel that holds 4 lights in the rear. Hoping to run 2 red, a yellow, and a blue. Saw that setup on Robby Gordon's KOH truck. The blue light flashed. If anyone knows how to modify the stock 4 light string from axial to this layout, please chime in. Or colored lenses would be fine. Will be putting on some shiny new skins as well.

Really like the look, killer work man!
NCT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #120
Metal shaper

More goodies. Got my Holmes Crawlmaster 13t. Went by Crawler InNovations to pick my son up after school and found some of the new style foams and a Tekin FXR Pro. And placed an order with Norm @ Team 3six for some more scale goodness. Oh yeah and a large order from RC4wd that's gonna make people step their game up.

"Southern Comfort" by CFM - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyle L's Wraith with a bit of Southern Comfort NaZ-T Axial Wraith 35 04-13-2012 11:25 AM
RC Car vs. Car AIRBAG!! AKA what I do at work:) 73bronco Chit Chat 4 08-30-2011 06:44 PM