Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: j-bird's..wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
santa came early ....i ordered some stuff from rpp monday morning and wed(today) early this morn the mail lady dropped off the package..man thats quick shipping..other companies need to take notes from cory..the shipping is a little high but when youget your stuff in 2 1/2days its well worth it...thanks RPP

im gonna give this strc stuff a shot and if it dont hold up i'll be sure to post it and never buy anything from them again...but it looks and feels solid and looks to be quality aluminum
I'm guessing you had no issues with the STRC stuff???
I had a fitment problem with one of my knuckles, had a rim around the inside that prevented the bearing from seating properly...like it wasn't machined completely .....had to take a dremel to it to clean it up. Was pretty miffed about that, thought I'd rather try and fix it instead of letting it sit and try to return it....wanted to crawl tomorrow. I'm too impatient...fix worked like a charm though.

I really like you rig j-bird....nice job
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I'm guessing you had no issues with the STRC stuff???
I had a fitment problem with one of my knuckles, had a rim around the inside that prevented the bearing from seating properly...like it wasn't machined completely .....had to take a dremel to it to clean it up. Was pretty miffed about that, thought I'd rather try and fix it instead of letting it sit and try to return it....wanted to crawl tomorrow. I'm too impatient...fix worked like a charm though.

I really like you rig j-bird....nice job
Well I had that same issue that small lip on one of the knuckles.. But overall I'm very pleased with the strc stuff so far it's worked flawlessly I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol.. Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it bud

J-bird
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Those Mayhem's look SICK! how you like those Rock Beast tires?
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
Those Mayhem's look SICK! how you like those Rock Beast tires?
oh dude..thanks and the pits do freaking awesome...they pulled me over just about every single thing at LRC and i found out once i got home i had my throttle turned down on 60% so i didnt have the wheelspeed i shouldve and i really believe the pits saved me..i hope my 1.9 pits do half as well as the 2.2's..i also got the re-machined monsters on the way for the 1.9's pits too..i seen noob running the 1.9's at lrc and they did well..so the food drive will be the first break in for the smaller pits..i dont think i'll run the wraith at the str food drive, i had enough trouble getting thru the obstacles in my rubi last yr..i dont think this big beast will ever get around at the farm..i may join y'all in the morn ed..
Old 10-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'm not following you on the windshield comment? I didn't do anything to it ... Fill me in please

J-bird
Not many wraiths with windshields in them. Yours is looking good with a windshield.
crawlski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

i had the same issue with my strc knuckles in the large bearing area..
a lil sanding with the dremel and it went right in..id rather it be tight than too damn loose.

truck looks awesome!
love lrc!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlski View Post
Not many wraiths with windshields in them. Yours is looking good with a windshield.
Duh... Thanks I must be blonde lol it went right over my head.. Thanks

J-bird
Old 10-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
i had the same issue with my strc knuckles in the large bearing area..
a lil sanding with the dremel and it went right in..id rather it be tight than too damn loose.

truck looks awesome!
love lrc!
Yeah that's true always better tight than it just falling out with alot of slop...lmao
I wonder if everyone is having the issue.. I wouldn't call it a problem because it's such a easy fix.. And the payoff is the super snug bearing

J-bird
Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yeah that's true always better tight than it just falling out with alot of slop...lmao
I wonder if everyone is having the issue.. I wouldn't call it a problem because it's such a easy fix.. And the payoff is the super snug bearing

J-bird
Thing was....only one side..turns out the right one... I agree with the tight thing...we all like that ....don't think it's coming out any time soon
Talked with a LHS guy today...seems they had issues also...I didn't even know they caried STRC stuff
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
Thing was....only one side..turns out the right one... I agree with the tight thing...we all like that ....don't think it's coming out any time soon
Talked with a LHS guy today...seems they had issues also...I didn't even know they caried STRC stuff
same here just the one side...rolandrockshop said the same thing just that one side..im not sure what the deal is..but for the price its nothing really to gripe about..i'm pleased with them overall they are great..thanks for the comps postclanker..
Old 10-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #91

Great job! my kits in the post along with some strc gear.... can't wait to get it up and running.. till then I'm rebuilding my downhill bike and making room on the bench to start the wraith..
fantomphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantomphish View Post
Great job! my kits in the post along with some strc gear.... can't wait to get it up and running.. till then I'm rebuilding my downhill bike and making room on the bench to start the wraith..
Thanks ... The first thing I did was drove it for 15min and the completely tore it down ... Since you're getting the kit you're already several steps ahead.. I wish I'd had waited on the kit kinda.. But oh well.. I'm happy and now that it's almost done I'm thinking what can I do next. So I'm starting a dynamic concepts k5 build and a replica ram of my 1:1 I think it'll be a 1.55 build so that way I have a 2.2,1.9,and a 1.55 all 3 classes to bad there's not any comps around here I'd have a whole day worth of fun.. Make sure you post a build thread and don't hold back go above and beyond... Be different well that's how I think.. I think pardonmynoob was the first on here to cut up a wraith with his yota and I'm pretty sure I was second.. Maybe not but close..lol

J-bird
Old 10-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #93
RCC Addict

heres a couple more pics from little rock city that i got from another guy there...i really like these pics

that incline was alot steeper than it looks
Old 10-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #94

I think I'll get a spare wraith frame to cut up incase I stuff it up ... Great excuse to get the dremel out.. LoL
Old 10-28-2011, 03:37 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think I'll get a spare wraith frame to cut up incase I stuff it up ... Great excuse to get the dremel out.. LoL
not following you on this reply...
Old 10-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #96

As in cutting the back of the roll cage/frame to give it that custom look... Rather get a spare frame first and do it on that, than do it on the kit that I'm getting only to stuff it up..
Old 10-28-2011, 04:21 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
As in cutting the back of the roll cage/frame to give it that custom look... Rather get a spare frame first and do it on that, than do it on the kit that I'm getting only to stuff it up..
just hack on it man..ive seen guys just cut it and bend it down then attach it with a screw and that also looks sweet..just hack it up and if you dont like it then buy another chassis or use a very fine xacto saw blade that way you can plastic weld it back together
Old 10-28-2011, 06:20 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

That thing looks killer man!!
inkpen00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpen00 View Post
That thing looks killer man!!
Thanks man I appreciate it.. What's up with your rubicon I haven't seen any updates on it in a while are you done with it.. Or just done for now lol

J-bird
Old 10-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Hey J-bird, that look's killer. The little rock city your talking about is that the Rock City that everybody talk's about going to visit when they head up to Tennessess. I will be heading up this December with my family on vaction to Gatlinburgh and Bonne NC for a week. I'm also taking my Axial wraith and my son's Jeep to play up their. Here in Miami al we got is small stuff here and alot of mud.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote