Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: j-bird's..wraith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default j-bird's..wraith

well i just got it a few days ago and i already have it tore down on the workbench i ran it about 15 min and decided to tear it down and beef it up b4 i even break something..

plans (parts list)
i'm gonna do a tube mod something like dmg is doing a kinda half tube job
HH brxl....for now
19t torquemaster...gonna go with tekin r8 combo real soon
punisher shafts
proline powerstrokes
mayhem monsters re-machined
pitbulls...on the way
hitec 7950
some styrene work on interior
with recaro seats carved out..lighter than stock ones
vp knuckles,chubs,all steering goodies
home made links..just like rc4wd's
beefed axial tranny
rc4wd xvd's with gunner pins or 300's still undecided
3s
cc bec
wild willy driver
oh and custom modified body...no ones seen this..its coming

heres the first day pics

with the wide hubs...small ones on the way right now

awesome flex for stock..huh

look what showed up in the mail just now..wow they came out yesterday and i get em this morn..fast shipping

i couldnt pay 100$ for links thats crazy so i thought i'd whip up my own last night..i made em 1/4 inch longer than stock..they're not cnc'd but to be done by hand they aint bad..what ya think..i'm waiting on more rod ends the metal ones b4 i can finish the whole set..if they was powder coated it would be hard to tell them from rc4wd's i think.anyway..i got work to do will update later waiting on the mailman now..let me know what y'all think about the links i think i did alright and i saved 100bux
j-bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default pitbulls or tsl's

i got in my pb's today and this is them next to my tsl's..which one should i run on the wraith or should i take my new 1.9 pitbulls and my em a 5.0 tall on 1.9 wheels..

Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Run the pits! Mine work well so far.
chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
Run the pits! Mine work well so far.
i really think they look bad arse on there too...man these thing are soft ,,,softer than the prolines...i cant wait to get the 1.9's in..should be saturday if mailmkan..gets his butt in gear...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I think the 1.9s feel even better. I'm running the DP foams from pit and they work pretty well for my 7lb Wraith.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
RCC Addict

that what i got in mine..they came with the tires and wowo do they feel good..i hope they perform as nice as they feel..are the dp fowms in the 1.9's just as goood...oh yeah i got my interior today chicklet..will leave feedback now..thanks again
Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post

hmm.. those straight links look familiar.. but mine are anodized grey to match our other links..
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axial View Post
hmm.. those straight links look familiar.. but mine are anodized grey to match our other links..
i used the stock plastic ones as a templet...but i just wish they looked as good as yours..my holes are drilled str8 through instead of at a angle..they may not be as nice as bought ones....but they was alot cheaper...i actually got paid at work ..to make my links...they just dont know it hahahaha
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
i used the stock plastic ones as a templet...but i just wish they looked as good as yours..my holes are drilled str8 through instead of at a angle..they may not be as nice as bought ones....but they was alot cheaper...i actually got paid at work ..to make my links...they just dont know it hahahaha
can you get paid at work to make me a set of them links

how do you like like pitbulls compared to the TSL's?
dkchance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchance74 View Post
can you get paid at work to make me a set of them links

how do you like like pitbulls compared to the TSL's?
well i hadnt got to try the pb's yet i was supposed to go today and got called into work tonight so it ruined my plans..i love the width of the pb's and they feel way softer and stickier..but as for scale looks the tsl's is one up...as for the links...it would be cheaoer to buy em from a blue star vendor...those things took alot of time..it'd be nice to have a cnc..i have a hnf...(hands-n-fingers)...not the same in speed or precision..
Old 08-22-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Cool do you know which body i'm chopping up?

well i decided to go with a body that no one else has put on a wraith..i'm far from done but just wanted to post up what i got done today..really not alot mostly i just sat and stared..but here it is...CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT BODY IT IS?

i still gotta dove the nose to fit the lines and bob the tail..also need to shorten it about 3/4. oh and im gonna cut half doors..but i'm stuck on what to do with the roof. i thought about cutting the stock rear bed bars and bending them down kinda like on noob's that way it would have that truck look with a semi-drop bed...i think its gonna look sick..oh and the wheels are only for mock up..my monsters and pitbulls will be on the finshed product

well thats it for now..i'll get back at it in the morning..thanks for looking and tell me what ya think and i'm open to any ideas or suggestions..

Last edited by j-bird; 08-22-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

looks to be a ford or maybe a dodge. prob a f150, not sure tho!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Ramcharger body.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Looking good j-bird!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I know what it is!!!

I like it man, I would shorten the bed up, pinch it front and back and leave it alone otherwise...I kinda like the full doors, just cut the window out like its rolled down or somethin!
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchance74 View Post
looks to be a ford or maybe a dodge. prob a f150, not sure tho!
mopar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
Ramcharger body.
correctumundo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
Looking good j-bird!!!
thank ya darling
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
I know what it is!!!

I like it man, I would shorten the bed up, pinch it front and back and leave it alone otherwise...I kinda like the full doors, just cut the window out like its rolled down or somethin!
Matt
yeah thats what i wanna do but something about it dont look right..i wanted to leave like it is and cut a sunroof in it and cut the windows out..its really hard to make the desicion and cut its not like i can just jump online and buy one of these bodies..kinda like the courier..they dont make the good bodies anymore..
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
RCC Addict

im thinking of running these wheels..instead of the monsters and leaving them at home on my eb..
but i also found another set i want the day after i bought these..tell me what ya think

Old 08-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I dont like those wheels much, but Ide have a hard time takin the Mayhems away from the EB too. As for the lexan body, I DEF hear ya, they make some kool bodies now but the best ones seem to be discontinued and hard to find cheap. Dont fear tho, just keep some ShoeGoo handy and paint the outside to mask any repairs LOL The Ramcharger body is like the Courier, ugly in stock form but AWESOME with some minor cutting and modding.
Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

i kinda like those wheels

i would like to run my mayhen 7's but they are 1.9's
Old 08-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #20
RCC Addict

ok after seeing pardonmynoob's cut cage i sat and pondered about making the hack..but i didnt want to be just like noob so heres what i did..i removed a few of the plastic braces and added 1/4 od hydro tubing turned down to fit in the plastic inserts..here's what i got so far

i also doved and bobbed my ram charger body..you cant really see it that good,but i did shorten the bed and i did that by cutting above the fender well so i wouldnt lose the raised body panel part that sets the ram apart from the clod..ya know natilie morgan turned the clod into a ram by adding those side panels that stick up..anyway i didnt want to lose tham

the body is no where near finished im not liking the looks on the roof so im thinking about cutting it off and just running the windshield

im also in the works of making a drop bed and fuel cell..my roque elements fuel cell cap should be here anyday now

now thats just roughed in hasnt been finished and iced yet..still uncertain if i wanna leave it like that..i have a horrible problem about spending hrs and hrs on things and then deciding to go a different route..

i ended up cutting about a inch and half outta the front to dove it

ok ive been up since 1130 yesterday and im starting to see doubles so i gotta end this shift..lol..tomorrow maybe my strc chubs,knuckles and level3 tie rod will be here along with my hr gear set ..ive ran the hr set in my eb on insane power and its held up so i decide to put it in gold digger..i still havent got my links i made in..still waiting on a package from rc4wd with the rod ends..alright guys and chic.. let me know what y'all think and any tips or tricks i'll be happy to accept