Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Jordans Wraith Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Jordans Wraith Build

being a noob of sorts with electric trucks i thought id take a stab at the wraith for a pretty dedicated crawler. not too familiar with the rc crawling scene, so im still learning a ton. however i do know how to set up a an actual truck vs an rc truck, so this thing will be a learning platform.

anyway, here goes. did all the free mods except for flipping the link/shock mounts. didnt like this thing sitting at full droop which was the result, so i swapped it back to original. burnt the 20t motor out in the first pack running 2s lip 5000mah. swapped in an emaxx titan motor, and killed the esc. now running novaks goat 2s/21.5t brushless and im happy so far. stock gearing also. may swap this motor out later for a little more top end, but loving the overall torque so far. will need some pointers for an acceptable motor while running the 2s setup.

kind of confused at axials advertised ax-3 3 channel rtr transmitter, as i have no access to the 3rd channel at all? maybe im such a noob that im miss interpreting it. the reciever has a 3rd channel plug in, but still how would one utilize it? anyway, heres some pics so far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
moved some stuff around to relocate the battery up front

Photobucket
got rid of the hood screws, used some hardware from the lhs to allow body clips from the mini to hold the hood on

Photobucket
receiver not water safe at all for now, floorboard taped.

Photobucket

running a novak 2s goat/21.5t sensored brushless with stock gearing. lost some speed but gained some torque. also swapped the wheels/tires for some proline weighted beadlocks and tsl's. cut body panels to get a look i liked. until its painted it'll look like every other body cut wraith
lagz2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links