Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Staying in the Rocks with it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #1

Default Staying in the Rocks with it.

My Wraith has been on the rocks 100% of the time since trying it a few times on the trail (I just like my Summits on the trail more). This truck has hooked me on rocks and I've added several truck loads of rocks from the farm to my crawling area at the house and plan on more loads soon. So, I don't need the speed of a stock Wraith, but I don't want a full blown comp crawler, I heat the stock set up way to quick and I'm binding it a lot on the rocks. BUT I also like it being tipsy and not being a perfect set up for crawling, it's challenging and thats what I like.

So I'm going to be using all the Vanquish parts (have tierod and steering link on it already), adding punisher drive shafts, alum. wheels with scale tires. HH BR-XL esc, Crawlmaster Pro Motor (20 Turn), Proline powerstroke shocks, Futuba 3pmx radio (may add Dig later), Hitec 7955tg servo, CC BEC, and thinking of a 87 spur gear change. (running 5200mah 2S SPC lipos)

Do you guys think I'm off on the motor turn, gearing and set up if I'm staying in the rocks 90-100% of time but not wanting compete in comp? I just want to play on the rocks longer than 10 minutes without heating the engine up in the 150's and hold a line on the rocks. I'm dictionary meaning of newb on setting up a crawler.

Last edited by JMiller2065; 08-29-2011 at 11:50 AM.
JMiller2065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
20K Club

I think the 20t Crawlmaster will be a great choice. It will have great torque and it will be very smooth.

I would suggest that you do change your gearing. Go somewhere in the 84-87 spur and 14-18 pinion range.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #3

Thanks Harley, how about 87/18 also do I need to go 32p? If I do, do you know what that would be?

I really need to find some guys in my area that run crawlers to learn from. Funny thing is I live in Lewisburg TN 10 miles from Wooly's off road park and don't know any guys who 1:1 or rc crawl though I may have to go up there and watch some guys now. I've always been a motocross guy until I got shot in the stomach while in the Army and had to give it up, now I just do a little woods riding. RC cars have been great giving me something to do since I haven't been able to race (heck too fat and out of shape now to do it anyway) in years and my kids love it too.

Last edited by JMiller2065; 08-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.
JMiller2065 is offline   Reply With Quote