Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: CKRC batt forward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

I didn't start the flame war!!! LOL
Slowsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Whoever they are and whatever they do, it's great that they bring out some really cool stuff and also support the local (RCCrawler) vendors!
Stuntman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Default Re: CKRC batt forward

..I've ordered an AX-10 kit (betty body) a few years ago..received my package, no problems..I feel I could place another order through them..
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I hope everything goes well i just placed an order last night for some scaler parts
snohiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #25

First off I'd like to say that every item I have bought from CKRC has been spot on. They carry many unique items for the wraith that no one else makes and they also have several instructional links on their website so you can see exactly how to install parts and how they work, before you buy them.

BUT......

I have had only two dealings with them and both were less than satisfying. I am deployed to Afghanistan and ordered several upgrades for my Wraith. Mail usually takes about 5-10 days to arrive here (tower hobbies arrives as quick as 4 -6 days usually). My first shipment I waited 2 weeks before I finally emailed them asking the status. I was told that their PayPal account wouldnt let them ship to a military FPO or APO address, even though it gave me the option to on their website. After a couple emails, my order was finally shipped. My question was, why was I never contacted to let me know this? I think two weeks is a long time to sit on my order after they'd already taken my money without even attempting to contact me.

So fast forward a couple few weeks. I figured i'd give them another chance dispite my first deboggle and what everyone had said about them. So i email them to make sure their wont be any issues shipping to me in Afghanistan again and they reassure me all will be fine. So, I order a few more parts........ After two weeks of waiting again, I email them and this time I'm told my order hasnt shipped yet!!!!.....why you may be asking?......because one of the 20+ items I ordered is out of stock. Ok, so i can understand that this happens but once again I gotta ask, why wasnt there ever an attempt to contact me and ask me if I wanted everything else to be shipped and wait one this one item. I know they have my email address because i entered it into the system when I made my first order and I received an email confirmation about my order. WTF???
Now that was 2 months ago and i have since seen that the parts i ordered are back in stock, but I still havent seen them.
bmxshipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #26

I use the ckrc battery foward plate and it works very good. You have to cut the interior back a lot to have it fit.
rcdriver199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I put one in mine. Didn't have really any issues it's a tight fit. If you decide to run the VP CMS though you will have to trim off the front of the plate alittle and redrill the holes for the electronics box and move it back. I think what people on here are meaning as far as customer service is that there just to swamped with orders being filled to answer the phones you just have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back if they don't answer. I havnt had any trouble and have ordered tons of stuff from them.
bagged86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Old 02-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

I`d like to see this done with the interior still in. I have moved the esc to the back left the receiver box where it was and am trying to figure out how to mount the battery up front with the interior in.
Fanfor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanfor88 View Post
I`d like to see this done with the interior still in. I have moved the esc to the back left the receiver box where it was and am trying to figure out how to mount the battery up front with the interior in.
Info, CKRC Battery Forward Plate For The Wraith. [you cant buy this] - It's Free! : CKRC Crawlers, RC Rock Crawlers
SlowGrynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Ordered that and hood kit, lets see how my buying experience goes with CKRC
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I've place a few orders with CKRC without a single problem.

I've also got the Forward Batt & VP CMS in my Wraith.
If you need I can post up pics just tell me what you need to see in detail.

I also noticed that version of the plate has been discontinued. There's a new version with a cut out for a winch
MostlyBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #33

I've ordered many of there produts and never have had a problem. But I can understand if you get burned you'd be upset. Ill contunue doing business with them untill I get burned.
square68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

I just wanted to add that i ordered from CKRC and had no problems at all. I ordered Thursday and was here today (Monday). 3 days shipping is fast for me. Will order from again. I see alot of bashing and thought you guys might like to know.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #35
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanfor88 View Post
I just wanted to add that i ordered from CKRC and had no problems at all. I ordered Thursday and was here today (Monday). 3 days shipping is fast for me. Will order from again. I see alot of bashing and thought you guys might like to know.
Could you post up some pictures when you get it installed? Just want to see all of my options that are out there.
despain85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by despain85 View Post
Could you post up some pictures when you get it installed? Just want to see all of my options that are out there.
Sure will. It will be a few days before i get around to it though
Old 03-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #37

wow i wish i had read this before my CKRC order i just spent 800 bucks and hope like hell i recieve it.
Monty
Seon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seon97 View Post
wow i wish i had read this before my CKRC order i just spent 800 bucks and hope like hell i recieve it.
Monty
I have made dozens of orders and have had only two issues with them.
The first issue was I ordered the silver VP trusses and got black but I called and spoke with them and they had excellent customer service. he made it right and even discounted my next order. The second was a sticker set got wrinkled on the box which they sent a whole other set. I get fast responses from them as well. It's not about the mistakes that a company makes it's how the handle the outcome. Because lets face it mistakes are gonna be made were human and that's our nature. They learn from there mistakes so I wouldn't worry.
And I've ordered tons of parts from all over
Old 08-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

Sorry to resurrect a dead post... Has anyone tried to run the CKRC battery forward plate with a winch servo mounted AND the VP CMS? I understand you need to trim the tray to clear the VP CMS, but wasn't sure if you were trimming clear back to the servo mount cutout.
tocsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

A while ago I called ckrc and mentioned I was running a MMP and pro 4 in my wraith and the guy said over and over that it flat out would never work no madder what even after I said it was sensored...it was actually very funny because I knew he was so wrong lol, that's been my first and only time I've ever dealt with them because saying that something that's been proven so many times like that motor/esc combo wasn't going to work showed me he had no idea what he was talking about, that's my personal opinion on them though. I'll proly order from them but still kinda irritated from that call.
XJkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote