Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Wraith
Loading

Notices

Thread: CKRC batt forward

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: salem
Posts: 74
Default CKRC batt forward

Check out CKRC battery forward plate.

I like that it not only moves the radio box forward. the screws are not under that cross bar!


i can put battery up front!

Any thoughts?
swood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Don't think most will check them out just because of the past and current problems with ckrc, not bashing them just seen more miss than hit with them
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: nor cal
Posts: 265
Default

I will pass on that. put mine in front of the dash. works just fine. and it was free...
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: rite here all along
Posts: 1,888
Default

I moved the battery to behind the dash also, on another note I must be one of the lucky ones, ordered the ckrc bent link's and steering plus the HR goodies for the front axle to tighten everything up got it fast and as ordered, 2 days I think
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S. Army Germany
Posts: 64
Default

Could someone fill me in on the problems with CKRC? I've heard a lot of bad things about them, but I also see a lot of people running their stuff, is it just bad quality or what?
Slowsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsteve View Post
Could someone fill me in on the problems with CKRC? I've heard a lot of bad things about them, but I also see a lot of people running their stuff, is it just bad quality or what?
Never dealt with them so I don't have personal issues with them but it's not that they make crap products, they make good products(what I've seen/heard) but the customers service and shipping is hit and
Miss
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 40
Default very nice

I would love to see this installed.

As for people talking down a company they have had no dealings with that is not cool at a all.
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: salem
Posts: 74
Default

I agree^^

Its what I had in mind for my build...
swood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: albuquerque
Posts: 266
Default

not bashing at all, just sayin FREEBE!!!
stick-boy-rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
On the lookout for Rocks
 
constantmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 3,711
Default

Here is an install picture



http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/ckrc-bat...th-p-3781.html
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWWADD View Post
I would love to see this installed.

As for people talking down a company they have had no dealings with that is not cool at a all.
Was I talking down on them? I think not, I even said that is what I've seen and heard from others talking about them. Did I say their products are crap? Nope I didn't. Show me where in my post that said that they suck at products. hell I didn't even say their customer service sucked, I said it's a hit and miss. Meaning that some are good and while others say not
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cotati
Posts: 705
Default

I was looking to get this tray and decided to do a little moving of things first. What I found is if you move the reciever box forward and run flipped lower mounts and a lowered suspension, you will lose alot of suspension travel because the servo will contact the box. I decided to move the electronics to the rear and run the battery on the firewall instead.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #13
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 40
Default

hellbentrodder - Please send pics..... Would love to see it.

stick-boy-rick - Free is good!!!

constantmotion - That truck looks to clean. Very nice.
Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #14
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: salem
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Never dealt with them so I don't have personal issues with them but it's not that they make crap products, they make good products(what I've seen/heard) but the customers service and shipping is hit and
Miss

This doesnt make sense.....I have never dealt with them so i dont have personal issues.......but the customer service is hit and miss.

And the pic of the wraith with the clean install is off of the ckrc web site....14 bucks not thinking that this is a bad deal....free is good. I dont happen to have one of those battery plates laying around....
swood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #15
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Umea, Sweden
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowsteve View Post
Could someone fill me in on the problems with CKRC? I've heard a lot of bad things about them, but I also see a lot of people running their stuff, is it just bad quality or what?
I've heard alot of bad things about them but decided to give them a shot anyway, one should not believe everything you can on the internet. They have alot of cool stuff noone else has got. I made an order and was about to pay when their site said I had an invalid address. I live in Sweden wich usually isn't a problem and according to their site it's not one of the "banned" countries. No success.
I filled in an mail/contact form and awaited their reply, got none! So I had to get my stuff elsewhere, my loss and their loss. I guess they don't want me as a customer.
Stuntman Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swood74 View Post
This doesnt make sense.....I have never dealt with them so i dont have personal issues.......but the customer service is hit and miss.

And the pic of the wraith with the clean install is off of the ckrc web site....14 bucks not thinking that this is a bad deal....free is good. I dont happen to have one of those battery plates laying around....
Are you dumb? How does it not make sense? I've never dealt with them but hearing OTHERS say that their customers service is hit and miss makes me not want to deal with them and that's why alot of others don't either, yes there are some that do get good service and the products aren't bad, but when I've read more misses than hits, it makes me not want to rub the risk. Makes sense now?
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #17
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: salem
Posts: 74
Default

Look This wasnt a bash on CKRC thread.....It was just a hey look new product alert. please if you have personal experience with a company , not hear say. Im sure there is a thread or forum for it....

I have used thier site....and have had no problems. A happy customer will tell none or few people about their experience. But an unhappy customer will complain to everyone that will listen....
swood74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #18
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: bolivar mo
Posts: 792
Default

I like the looks of the batt forward mount offered from CKRC. I've spent over a couple thousand with them. Never a problem.
Mighty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
Are you dumb? How does it not make sense? I've never dealt with them but hearing OTHERS say that their customers service is hit and miss makes me not want to deal with them and that's why alot of others don't either, yes there are some that do get good service and the products aren't bad, but when I've read more misses than hits, it makes me not want to rub the risk. Makes sense now?
I want to edit this post to correct it but this is to funny to edit.
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #20
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: gervais
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swood74 View Post
Look This wasnt a bash on CKRC thread.....It was just a hey look new product alert. please if you have personal experience with a company , not hear say. Im sure there is a thread or forum for it....

I have used thier site....and have had no problems. A happy customer will tell none or few people about their experience. But an unhappy customer will complain to everyone that will listen....
And I wasn't bashing, I didn't post off saying they suck, I just said that people might not look in to it. That's not bashing, that's informing the OP
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com