Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Cyclops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Cyclops

Since everyone else has shots up of their Wraith, I thought it was my turn on my W.I.P.

I'm calling it Cyclops due to the single high output light I've added to the front lighting system. At night it really looks like a one-eyed monster, so "Cyclops" it is.

The front end (C's, knuckles, steering) is all Vanquish. Links are RC4WD aluminums, and I'm running vintage TLT brass shocks in a droop set up. Waiting on a set of black Mayhem Wheels to mount R35 Ripsaws on, to continue the all-black look. HH torquemaster for power, 3S lipos to power it. The extra lighting is a Lux-RC 240 lumen LED unit that kicks A** for night driving

YYCADM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hi, were can I get this light?
Regards
perseus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus71 View Post
Hi, were can I get this light?
Regards
These lights are awesome. Here is where they are from I think....

http://www.lux-rc.com/view.php
Ernie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

that's the place. They are absolutely amazing...incredibly bright; actually makes driving in the dark a blast. The only downside(s) are;

-cost. they are about $50. ea. Very much worth it...machined aluminum housing, o-ring sealed, but $50 is still $50. It would be nice visually to have two or more, but you really don't need that kind of output. 240 lumens will light up your world
-heat. They get HOT, quick. I don't think you could safely mount them really close to styrene without a danger of melting it. They do sell optional heat sinks for the back, but it makes the light bulkier. If I could afford it, I'd make a light bar out of bar stock aluminum or stainless and hang four of them on it.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Many thanks for the link! Wow 50 bucks! would be expensive to do a light bar with them But very nice lights anyway!
perseus71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Agreed. Very nice but not necessary. It was a nice evening last night so I thought I'd go out to my regular crawling spot for awhile after dinner.

I was enjoying some gentle bashing when another car turned off the road ( about 200 meters away). It was one of our local Cops...he hadn't seen my truck parked there, but he had seen this "blinding white light tearing around the ground" couldn't figure out what it was so he decided to check it out.

He started comparing it to his Surefire duty flashlight, and was very impressed with the fact that the Lux-RC light was just as bright, if not brighter that it.

I still have some tinkering to do in that regard. I need to find a better location that doesn't block some of the output, but is still somewhat protected by the cage. It's a tough light, but I don't want to be replacing it due to it being in an exposed location

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/339782-cyclops.html
Posted By For Type Date
Lux-RC Labs - Products - Complete Lights - L30 Light This thread Refback 10-04-2011 05:35 PM