RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   ROJO's 4WS Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/338416-rojos-4ws-wraith.html)

JimmyJam 11-30-2011 10:59 PM

I really hope you get a replacement soldering iron soon. I am very anxious to read what your review is the MMP and Pro4 set up at low speed. I've got three builds that all need basically the same performance and I haven't bought any motors or sped controllers yet because I want to make sure if I buy three the same they will all perform every action desired for crawl and speed. Thanks!! Oh and when you do get everything soldered up do you have capability of shooting a video of the motor esc?

joelKID984 11-30-2011 11:24 PM

just quick what shocks are you running? proline...

rojo 12-01-2011 05:47 AM

I ordered some CorrosionX yesterday for some cheap electronic insurance from water. I also have a set of Pitbull XOR's with DosP. foams on their way. I love the traction and looks of the Prolines, but their sidewall and bead leave a lot to be desired... Oh, and the new rear servo came in as well... Hitech M7990TH :shock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyJam (Post 3409723)
I really hope you get a replacement soldering iron soon. I am very anxious to read what your review is the MMP and Pro4 set up at low speed. I've got three builds that all need basically the same performance and I haven't bought any motors or sped controllers yet because I want to make sure if I buy three the same they will all perform every action desired for crawl and speed. Thanks!! Oh and when you do get everything soldered up do you have capability of shooting a video of the motor esc?

I will have everything I need today. Should have time tomorrow to sit down and get it running. I will make sure to take some video to show how it does. I can't wait to see how smooth the pro4 is myself... "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelKID984 (Post 3409750)
just quick what shocks are you running? proline...

Proline slash. I run the long version (rear slash length) on the front and short version (front slash length) on the rear. Many run all shorts or all longs as well. It all depends on how you have your shock mounts set up. ;-)

joelKID984 12-01-2011 06:21 PM

thanks heaps man, what is the performance difference in the smaller front chocks and the rear longer shocks? also, i looking forward to seeing a vid of the bad-ass rig.:):):)

Scottie 12-01-2011 06:55 PM

nice lookin wriath man!

dubAron 12-01-2011 07:11 PM

Great looking Rig man post up a video when you get that ESC and Motor hooked up.

rojo 12-01-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelKID984 (Post 3411235)
thanks heaps man, what is the performance difference in the smaller front chocks and the rear longer shocks? also, i looking forward to seeing a vid of the bad-ass rig.:):):)

Only difference is length. Pick whitchever best works for your desired mounting locations. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottie (Post 3411318)
nice lookin wriath man!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubAron (Post 3411357)
Great looking Rig man post up a video when you get that ESC and Motor hooked up.

Thanks! I can't wait either. 8)

joelKID984 12-03-2011 09:35 PM

so hows the build going. cant wait to see the finished product

rojo 12-04-2011 02:53 PM

Still trying to get to the basement, my wife was put on real strict bed rest and the septic tank decided to die... Great fun! Lol

The good news is that all the parts are in and I now have a nice weller soldering station. I am planning to still get some done tonight... just have to take care of the fam first. "thumbsup"

joelKID984 12-04-2011 05:39 PM

nice, always fun.

Bulldog 12-05-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo (Post 3416716)
Still trying to get to the basement, my wife was put on real strict bed rest and the septic tank decided to die... Great fun! Lol

The good news is that all the parts are in and I now have a nice weller soldering station. I am planning to still get some done tonight... just have to take care of the fam first. "thumbsup"

Take care of your wife...I was in the same position at one point. Wife comes first, wraith comes second. We'll be here. Shit around your ankles hopefully shouldn't happen twice!"thumbsup"

SWelte 12-05-2011 09:47 AM

rojo, I have a couple of questions.

In your first pictures of your rig, what wheels (all black) are those?

What lockers are you running?

What ring and pinions did you switch to, front? and rear?

Your build is very clean."thumbsup" I am having a blast with mine coming from a comp crawler, it's brought back the challenge to crawling.

rojo 12-05-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWelte (Post 3418596)
rojo, I have a couple of questions.

In your first pictures of your rig, what wheels (all black) are those?

What lockers are you running?

What ring and pinions did you switch to, front? and rear?

Your build is very clean."thumbsup" I am having a blast with mine coming from a comp crawler, it's brought back the challenge to crawling.

Question 1: 2.2 RC4WD ColdBore
Question 2: Felenfest
Question 3: Under-drives front and rear

Thanks! They are a lot of fun. Can't wait to get mine put back together with the new electronics. "thumbsup"

SWelte 12-05-2011 11:16 AM

rojo-Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been looking at the ColdBore, how are they on offset and holding the tire bead?
What combo did you put up front (ring/pinion) and rear (ring/pinion)?

Sorry, I had a couple of directions to go and was curious on your set up.

rojo 12-05-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWelte (Post 3418795)
rojo-Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been looking at the ColdBore, how are they on offset and holding the tire bead?
What combo did you put up front (ring/pinion) and rear (ring/pinion)?

Sorry, I had a couple of directions to go and was curious on your set up.

Only used them with RC4wd Baja Claw tires, but they held those fine. They will narrow the width over the stock wheel offset. Look back at my pictures to give you more of an idea. I no longer have them, so I can't measure them for you. The ring and pinion set I am using are the under-drive set. I am using them both front and rear.

SWelte 12-05-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo (Post 3418871)
Only used them with RC4wd Baja Claw tires, but they held those fine. They will narrow the width over the stock wheel offset. Look back at my pictures to give you more of an idea. I no longer have them, so I can't measure them for you. The ring and pinion set I am using are the under-drive set. I am using them both front and rear.

Thanks again.

I'm thinking of either underdriving the rear or overdriving the front for a little front wheel speed to help on climbs and turning.

rojo 12-05-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWelte (Post 3419012)
Thanks again.

I'm thinking of either underdriving the rear or overdriving the front for a little front wheel speed to help on climbs and turning.

For crawling that is a good combo. 4WS (for me) alleviated the need for over-driving the front. I also prefer the same ratio for running at speed on the trail. "thumbsup"

rojo 12-05-2011 07:59 PM

Got some done this evening...

I stripped out all the old electronics, de-cased the new electronics and dunked them in CorrosionX. I also got the new shoes mounted up and began laying out the electronics in the chassis...

Everything should be dry and ready to re-assemble tomorrow. 8)

Managed to get a few pic of the new tire set-up compared to the old ones:

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...DSC_0001-5.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...DSC_0002-5.jpg

1beatjeep 12-05-2011 10:26 PM

My two cent TSL all the way.

Maddog Madigan 12-05-2011 10:27 PM

Tsl