Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Anyone get full lock to lock steering with stock radio?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Default Anyone get full lock to lock steering with stock radio?

I just tried to reprogram my hitec servo to lock to lock, then when i hook up my radio it only goes about 50%.. anyone else experience this?
XDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Sometimes, I make things.

Play with the ST/DR dial on the right side of your control panel on the radio. It will limit your steering, but dont set it so it steers too far as it may travel past your CVD shafts capable angles.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDR View Post
I just tried to reprogram my hitec servo to lock to lock, then when i hook up my radio it only goes about 50%.. anyone else experience this?
Servos typically don't move full lock to lock of their travel. They move 90 degrees typically. This is pretty standard and the same as what the stock rail does. Some radios you can bump up to 120% but you lose torque as you increase the travel because you effective lever arm gets shorter as it arcs.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Servos typically don't move full lock to lock of their travel. They move 90 degrees typically. This is pretty standard and the same as what the stock rail does. Some radios you can bump up to 120% but you lose torque as you increase the travel because you effective lever arm gets shorter as it arcs.
I programmed the servo epas to where the wheel was at full lock, not the 90* on the servo.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Play with the ST/DR dial on the right side of your control panel on the radio. It will limit your steering, but dont set it so it steers too far as it may travel past your CVD shafts capable angles.
+1! That did the trick, I set EPAs on servo at lock position so I can just max out that switch. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
XDR
Pebble Pounder

Another tip to power the Hitec programmer, it says you need a rx pack from 4.8v to 6v, I figured I could just use my BEC lead since its set at 6v, WRONG! But the stock axial radio has a rx pack built in to hold the AAs, and it worked perfect for the programmer, thats nice that axial added that as upposed to their previous radios.