Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: are there any updates ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default are there any updates ?

looking to order my wraith in the next week or so, before i do, is there another improved rtr coming out ?
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

spoke to the LHS, nothing new they know of.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

excellent stuff thanks
Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

Not sure what they'd improve on? Out of the box I was blown away with the durability of my wraith.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Not sure what they'd improve on? Out of the box I was blown away with the durability of my wraith.
Rofl you jest? People have said the links aren't up to much, or the steering servo etc etc, its a good truck yes but not perfect.
Lol look at the millions of vendors on here !
Old 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #6
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
Rofl you jest? People have said the links aren't up to much, or the steering servo etc etc, its a good truck yes but not perfect.

Well in that case, the *improved* RTR would cost a lot more and no one would buy it. The *upgraded* parts some people wouldn't want and would instead get the cheaper one and pick the parts they wanted in the first place.

The KIT needs some attention from Axial though.. I'm just about finished with mine.. It's already been addressed in this forum but I'll say it again. The short rear axle can't seat into the locker/ring gear enough to push the axle lockout on all the way. The *stop* on the axle shaft is in the wrong position. Had to drill into the ring gear to allow it all to go together smoothly. Not a big deal, but it's still flat out WRONG and needs to be corrected.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
I never once said it was indestructible. For a bone stock vehicle the RTR is very durable. I ran mine a lot of miles on those stock links before I finally replaced them. The axles are beef, the tranny is good, the radio is awesome, the esc is killer, it's just all around a great rig. They for sure take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
The KIT needs some attention from Axial though.. I'm just about finished with mine.. It's already been addressed in this forum but I'll say it again. The short rear axle can't seat into the locker/ring gear enough to push the axle lockout on all the way. The *stop* on the axle shaft is in the wrong position. Had to drill into the ring gear to allow it all to go together smoothly. Not a big deal, but it's still flat out WRONG and needs to be corrected.
I had no problem putting mine together?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Rear axle short shaft issue?

It appears more and more people have ran into this, myself included. Again, not a deal breaker but clearly something isn't right and it can't be too hard to track it down and hopefully correct it.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I never once said it was indestructible. For a bone stock vehicle the RTR is very durable. I ran mine a lot of miles on those stock links before I finally replaced them. The axles are beef, the tranny is good, the radio is awesome, the esc is killer, it's just all around a great rig. They for sure take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

I had no problem putting mine together?
thats ba very good video
Old 10-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Axial doesnt seem to update their kits. Overall its super durable so just buy it and be happy. Once in awhile an issue will arise but thats mass production. Every part will not always be perfect.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote