Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Wraith
Loading

Notices

Thread: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #81
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 6512 Elevation
Posts: 884
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

I may have missed this but what action figure is that?
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #82
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanx View Post
I may have missed this but what action figure is that?
Sam Fisher from the Splinter Cell line of video games.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #83
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Durham, NC, USA
Posts: 1,048
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Are you using 2 Castle 10A BECs to directly power the 2 servos for 4WS? I would like to do the 4WS also, and follow your write-up in the blog section at Axial's website. From what you stated in the blog, you have the Tekin RS Pro and 10.5T brushless motor, but you don't say if you ran any external BECs. I'm thinking of installing a Castle 10A BEC directly to the front servo (Hitec HS-7955TG). Do you think it is necessary to install another BEC directly for the rear servo (another HS-7955TG), or can I just run it off of the Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC, which is 6.0V/3.0A (rear servo plugged into the receiver)?

BTW, you said that you are using a 2S LiPo. I will be running the 13.5T instead of the 10.5T like you have. Also, I'll be running 3S LiPo. Do you think that is OK, or should I stick with just a 2S LiPo battery (Tekin RS Pro esc & 13.5T sensored brushless motor combo) geared 60/14 32P?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #84
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
Are you using 2 Castle 10A BECs to directly power the 2 servos for 4WS? I would like to do the 4WS also, and follow your write-up in the blog section at Axial's website. From what you stated in the blog, you have the Tekin RS Pro and 10.5T brushless motor, but you don't say if you ran any external BECs. I'm thinking of installing a Castle 10A BEC directly to the front servo (Hitec HS-7955TG). Do you think it is necessary to install another BEC directly for the rear servo (another HS-7955TG), or can I just run it off of the Tekin RS Pro's internal BEC, which is 6.0V/3.0A (rear servo plugged into the receiver)?

BTW, you said that you are using a 2S LiPo. I will be running the 13.5T instead of the 10.5T like you have. Also, I'll be running 3S LiPo. Do you think that is OK, or should I stick with just a 2S LiPo battery (Tekin RS Pro esc & 13.5T sensored brushless motor combo) geared 60/14 32P?
I am not running a BEC on mine, and it will glitch in hard binds when using 4ws because of it. The Tekin RS Pro will handle one high torque servo without a BEC ok on it's own on 2S. But, I would suggest using a BEC to power one of the servos, if not both when using 3S, because of the extra voltage.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #85
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Derbyshire UK
Posts: 618
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Can you tell me how you are runnin g the 10.5t motor have you set the motor timing to "0" ?
Thanks John
drzjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #86
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzjohn View Post
Can you tell me how you are runnin g the 10.5t motor have you set the motor timing to "0" ?
Thanks John
I haven't messed with the timing of the motor at all. It is working great for me on 2s, I still want to try 3s too.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #87
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Hey just a quick question for you about the 4ws setup since I'm following your guide. I'm starting my build totally upgraded for once. Won't hit the rocks without all the replacements. Anyway, do I need to order the FRONT Truss servo mount , or will the addition servo plate mount to a Rear Truss Mount?

Thanks
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #88
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffie View Post
Hey just a quick question for you about the 4ws setup since I'm following your guide. I'm starting my build totally upgraded for once. Won't hit the rocks without all the replacements. Anyway, do I need to order the FRONT Truss servo mount , or will the addition servo plate mount to a Rear Truss Mount?

Thanks
You can use the stock rear axle truss to mount the steering servo. I don't have experience with the mounts you linked, but it should be the same for those too. The mounts are front and rear specific because they are mirrored. The front truss will bolt up to the rear axle, but the upper link mounting brackets will be facing the wrong way. Same goes for the rear mount in front. Hopefully that makes sense.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #89
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 1,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
You can use the stock rear axle truss to mount the steering servo. I don't have experience with the mounts you linked, but it should be the same for those too. The mounts are front and rear specific because they are mirrored. The front truss will bolt up to the rear axle, but the upper link mounting brackets will be facing the wrong way. Same goes for the rear mount in front. Hopefully that makes sense.
Indeed. Thought about that after I posted. Thanks so much for the info
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #90
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffie View Post
Indeed. Thought about that after I posted. Thanks so much for the info
No problem.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dutch Oven - AZ
Posts: 457
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Hi Bender,
Sorry for the shakedown on your rig, but based on your excellent Youtube vid, there's a few things I NEED to know to help my Wraith kit along...

How much weight do you have in the wheels?
What size battery are you running up front? (Again, for weight reference)
Where's your front-to-rear balance point on the belly of the rig?
What foams do you run, or how do you trim stock foams?
Did you limit your shocks internally? If so, by how much?

Thanks.
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #92
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.DUKE View Post
Hi Bender,
Sorry for the shakedown on your rig, but based on your excellent Youtube vid, there's a few things I NEED to know to help my Wraith kit along...

How much weight do you have in the wheels?
What size battery are you running up front? (Again, for weight reference)
Where's your front-to-rear balance point on the belly of the rig?
What foams do you run, or how do you trim stock foams?
Did you limit your shocks internally? If so, by how much?

Thanks.
Thanks for the compliment on the video.

1. I don't have any weight in the wheels.
2. I am running a 5300mah 2S lipo pack mounted out front.
3. It is pretty well balanced in the video. I would have to check and see where the exact balance point is now though, a few things have changed since shooting the video.
4. I was running stock foams in the video, slightly trimmed around the bead area only. I have since switched to Pro-line oversized memory foams with XR10 beadlocks.
5. No limiters in the shocks, just a flipped upper rear shock mount.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #93
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Added hydro assist to my Wraith's steering set-up. I still need to fab a new mount for where it attaches to the tie rod for a cleaner look, but it's on there for now. Also installed the Vanquish CMS steering set-up recently too, which is awesome!
Attached Images
 
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #94
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: cold state
Posts: 1,335
Default

Great steering stabilizer! Keep these ideas coming!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 254
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Thats awesome, what did you use for that?
GravelDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *
Posts: 2,879
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelDuster View Post
Thats awesome, what did you use for that?
Looks like a old TLT standoff and spare shock parts

Nice work Brad, I was planning on doing this on the Macho
k9popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #97
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
Great steering stabilizer! Keep these ideas coming!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelDuster View Post
Thats awesome, what did you use for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9popo View Post
Looks like a old TLT standoff and spare shock parts

Nice work Brad, I was planning on doing this on the Macho
Thanks guys!

Good eye popo, it is an old TLT chassis standoff. The ram is actually an old suspension pushrod from the TLT kit too.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #98
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: dsm IA
Posts: 414
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Hey all the pics and links no longer work and i cant find them anywhere on axials blog. Is there an archive i dont know of or are they just gone?
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #99
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
Hey all the pics and links no longer work and i cant find them anywhere on axials blog. Is there an archive i dont know of or are they just gone?
Axial now has a new website. All the old blog posts are in the process of being migrated over to the new website. I don't have an exact date that the links will be working again, but hopefully it is soon.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #100
2006 2.2 National Champ
 
BENDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Big Bear Lake
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: Bender's Wraith Kit Build

Latest video is up. I made a few changes since the last one. Ditched the 4 wheel steer for better high speed handling. I added Vanquish wheels, CMS/panhard kit, aluminum knuckles and titanium steering links. I also added aluminum shocks with our dual stage pistons and sway bars for this video. The sway bars really limit flex, but railing corners at full speed is where they shine!! Last mod was the HD underdrive ring and pinion set in the rear axle, to help the front pull more in corners.

Link:
Axial Wraith Kit - Rock Bouncing/Hill Climbing - YouTube
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com