Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: tired of the Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Some of the above post exemplifies my thoughts that Axial is changing the mindsets of the consumers. Now it's expected to spend several hundred dollars on an RC vehicle only to turn around and have to dump more money into it. It's okay, because it's Axial and it is cool.

I enjoy wrenching and tweaking my RCs as much as the next guy. But I like to on my time. Maybe I want better performance, or I did something stupid. Then at that time it is fun to upgrade and tweak. The Wraith, within the first week I was upgrading and tweaking just to keep it running. With me that was just stupid, especially for the price I paid for it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

I wish my Wraith kit had come with a kitchen sink!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

I wish I would have waited for the Wraith kit, as I love my SCX10.
Bottom line, in my opinion, the Wraith RTR is a ripoff and a turd.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kason View Post
You know what they say about opinions....
Old 10-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The kit is the same thing as the RTR without the ESC/motor, but with lower aluminum links, the R35 compound Ripsaws, and the universal joints... the latter being the best part of the kit. So if your opinion is that the Wraith RTR is a turd, I don't see why the kit would be that much different.

The quality and ability of any of the Axial RTRs haven't really changed that much, if any, since the AX10. I think people just want a "comp level" rig for an RTR or kit price.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

just by looking around here you can tell you have to spend more money on the wraith if you want a reliabeal rig the same goes with the xr10.I also belive for the price they should be allitel more durabale and capabale.There sure are alot of them both the wraith and xr10 in the for sale section.I think the honcho kit is the way to go for durability ive had mine for almost tow and a half years beat the shit out of it and only broken a few minor parts.At our comps the wraiths are always breaking burning up motors breaking links,front bumpers,and frieng speed controlls.Dont mind wrenching on my rig but like to do it on my time not in the middel of a comp or a gtg.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
At our comps the wraiths are always breaking burning up motors breaking links,front bumpers,and frieng speed controlls.Dont mind wrenching on my rig but like to do it on my time not in the middel of a comp or a gtg.
I will say our GTG my Honcho just was running around bashing on stuff without fail. Then again its pretty heavily modified, so not sure its really a fair comparison.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

key word havely modified.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
key word havely modified.
Yup. Heck though with all my RC vehicles, pretty much the only one I haven't modified pretty extensively is my RC8T CE (but I bought a "Championship Edition", which came out before the "Team Edition", instead of an RTR or standard kit so that helped too).
Old 10-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #70
Scale Detail Engineering

I have to say that I'm very disappointed Axial has not addressed the Wraiths rear short shaft issue. As soon as the reports started rolling in they should've at least made an announcement with a plan for a fix.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
Yeah you can cut 2.2 tsl's down two lugs and put them on 1.9's wheels for a nice 5.0 wide 1.9 looks really scale check out mr Ed honcho or badd's bronco in the scx10 section these both have them and I'm fixing to do a set for the new dc k5 blazer on 1.9 remachined mayhem monsters

J-bird
Thank you for the useful info, those are some badass builds you pointed out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Another "know-it-all" newb. Lovely....we needed more on this site.
Again with the personal attacks, taking attention away from the subject at hand. You should start a bash on Speedweigand thread and have at it, shit my mom wears combat boots, I was the fat kid, and I have hair like a gurl and wear glasses...

Quote:
BTW, I forgot to thank you earlier for proving my point. Open diffs = less breakage. Oh, and did you just say that you broke a stock part? HPI must put out the worst products if that happened to you.
I love the way you twist my words, you should hang out with my GF

Quote:
Swinging from the Traxxas nutsack now?
Yep, in Vegas I'd bet a Traxxas crawler would suck less out of the box any day, probably be Revo based though

Quote:
BTW, you should know, I have broken a lot of parts on my slash......so traxxas must not have a clue as to what they are doing and are only trying to steal $1.3mil from me....
Again with the twisting... did your slash make it through it's first weekend? Do you even have a RTR Wraith?, all I see is threads about the kit you won...

Quote:
The SCX seems like the way to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
The kit is the same thing as the RTR without the ESC/motor, but with lower aluminum links, the R35 compound Ripsaws, and the universal joints... the latter being the best part of the kit. So if your opinion is that the Wraith RTR is a turd, I don't see why the kit would be that much different.

The quality and ability of any of the Axial RTRs haven't really changed that much, if any, since the AX10. I think people just want a "comp level" rig for an RTR or kit price.
Just having links makes the Wraith so much more enjoyable though, and real tires with the option of adding weight... huge advantages over the RTR
Old 10-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedweigand View Post
Again with the personal attacks, taking attention away from the subject at hand. You should start a bash on Speedweigand thread and have at it, shit my mom wears combat boots, I was the fat kid, and I have hair like a gurl and wear glasses...

Have fun with your "bash fests". Watch out for those wrenches, they'll cut right through that thin skin of yours....
Old 10-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

I would love to see traxxas put out somthing simmalar to the wraith there products are extreamly durabale and are almost bullet proof right out of the box. Independent front suspension would be the way go
Old 10-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #74
20K Club

Quote:
I would love to see traxxas put out somthing simmalar to the wraith there products are extreamly durabale and are almost bullet proof right out of the box. Independent front suspension would be the way go
Definitely depends on your purpose. Ever driven an IFS rig on any sort of technical section? Garbage. For going fast and hitting a jump, totally different.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

I agree totaly but wasnt that what the wraith was made for more of a rock racer or koh rig.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #76
20K Club

Quote:
I agree totaly but wasnt that what the wraith was made for more of a rock racer or koh rig.
Both of which are primarily solid axle based rigs.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

correct me if im wrong the winner of the KOH had independant front susension
Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
20K Club

Quote:
correct me if im wrong the winner of the KOH had independant front susension
Yup Shannon won with his IFS rig. However he is a hard example to use. Still, KOH and rock racing rigs are PRIMARILY solid axle.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Rock Racer/KoH is still different than say a full blown trophy truck or a short course style truck (personally I prefer the trophy trucks).

Quote:
Just having links makes the Wraith so much more enjoyable though, and real tires with the option of adding weight... huge advantages over the RTR
The AX10 and SCX10 RTRs all come with plastic links, plastic knuckles, and hubs.

AX90011 - plastic
AX90012 - plastic
AX90016 - plastic

Now, the lone ARTR and the kits generally have upgraded aluminum links.

So where it the Wraith substandard compared to them? About all I could complain about with the Wraith kit is the lack of upper aluminum links.

Now granted, there seems to be this short axle issue with the Wraith that needs to be addressed, but I really don't see that the Wraith specs in RTR form are much different than the AX/SCX RTRs. And the kit is pretty much equivalent too.

As for other manufactures.. they all have their issues. HPI's Savage Flux had issues with its front/rear diffs and still has issues with its gearbox. Traxxas Slash 4x4 has issues with the driveshaft. And so forth. These manufacturers have to hit a certain price point to recover the cost of the R&D (it ain't cheap or easy), plus the cost of the materials, labor to build and package the vehicles, etc. plus a profit margin. On top of that you also have the distribution channel markup, the retailer markup, etc.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #80
Rock Crawler

I bet you see more ifs rigs next year and the years after in the KOH deffinatly more sutide for the type of race.
Closed Thread