Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: tired of the Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Another "know-it-all" newb. Lovely....we needed more on this site.

BTW, I forgot to thank you earlier for proving my point. Open diffs = less breakage. Oh, and did you just say that you broke a stock part? HPI must put out the worst products if that happened to you.

Swinging from the Traxxas nutsack now?

BTW, you should know, I have broken a lot of parts on my slash......so traxxas must not have a clue as to what they are doing and are only trying to steal $1.3mil from me....

You know the thing about fighting online, its like the special olympics, even if you win your still a retard.
i love how i come to a forum to vent and get some advice and all i get is a bunch of old people who play with toys bitchin more than i did. i guess this forum isnt what i thought a forum was supossed to be for
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #82
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody318 View Post
Im fed up with the thing now and am weighing my options. im either gonna fix it and sell it or take the axles and a few other things and turn it into a custom built scaler/crawler or just burn/shoot it and put it down gloriously. wondering if u guys had any input on the situation.
Back on topic then, i say burn it!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Whats the difference between a kid an adult? My toys (guns, vehicles, homes, sports equipment, etc) are more expensive.

Quote:
all i get is a bunch of old people who play with toys bitchin more than i did.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You know the thing about fighting online, its like the special olympics, even if you win your still a retard.
Lovely.
Quote:
i love how i come to a forum to vent and get some advice and all i get is a bunch of old people who play with toys bitchin more than i did. i guess this forum isnt what i thought a forum was supossed to be for
You asked for no technical advice at all.....just if you should sell it or fix it. This forum has plenty of technical advice.....you should try reading more and complaining less.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Lovely.

You asked for no technical advice at all.....just if you should sell it or fix it. This forum has plenty of technical advice.....you should try reading more and complaining less.
and MR know it all strikes again
Old 10-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
and MR know it all strikes again
Thanks for your contribution....you are an asset to this website.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #87
Rock Stacker

will have to set my mind, wraith or scx10... life is hard
Old 10-28-2011, 02:50 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

go with the scx10 kit buy some decent electronis and you will not be dissapointed or go broke upgrading every part
Old 10-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #89
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss097 View Post
but first, buy a star or wait your 30 days / 30 post and buy used from the classifieds! You can often pick up a scx10 with upgrades for less than a new kit.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #90
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joss097 View Post
I have $45 worth of necessary upgrades into my wraith kit (similar upgrades that you'll need for the scx10 kit).
Old 10-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

read thru the wraiths section I assure you if you use it you will need more than 45$ worth of upgrades the drive shafts alone will cost more than that after you twist them up like a tootie roll
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #92
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I tried to address some of the issues you were having about a page back but of course you ignored it. Seems you really just wanted to stir up the forum for a bit and that's it instead of gaining anything from this website. Your original post was in haste and sure as hell read like a whiny school girl leaving out ALL the details of WHY those problems might've been happening. But you expect God like responses on how to make your Wraith perfect and make you happy.

I just had my kit Wraith out on a rocky slope at my local dam for a little over an hour on 3s lipo and 35t Holmes motor without breaking a thing and nothing fell apart or came loose. I wasn't easy on it either, I strained the hell out of the 7955TG servo and had the tires in a bind on several occasions.. Just gotta drive smart.
Only upgrade is a self crafted steering tie rod and drag link. These things aren't the POS some of you are trying to make it out to be. If you're going to abuse something you need to accept right off the bat that you're going to spend serious coin strengthening and upgrading the rig.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #93

Wow... This is the first time I've seen what I'm going to call "personal attacks" on this forum.. Bit sad really to be honest, I'm a member of other topic forums and see it but didn't think I'd see it on here..

Where all in the same boat, these things break have some suspect quality control issues.. Everything does, that's the joy of mass production I'm sure if axial could produce a RC that was near perfect for a great cost they would..
I'm sure they don't do it on purpose to make more mone,y because as far as I can tell very few of the people upgrading parts are using axial branded upgrade parts.. Maybe I'm wrong, but I am mail!!

Now fix it or sell it and buy something that might not have the issue and go out and enjoy the hobby...

Rant over!!
Old 10-28-2011, 05:37 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

Default special

cody you asked if you should sell or fix and the choice is all yours if you wanna have something you like build it how you want dont expect it to come just how you want it thats the best part of this hobby is building the rig you want and JUS i think you made the best post on here so far people give such a vauge problem and expect everybody to know everything.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:59 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
Reading this thread makes me lmao. I see both sides clearly, one side says build it better to run out of the box and the other says quit bitchin, dont like wrenching on it, sell the damn thing then. Whats crazy with this hobby is everyone does it for a different reason. Some love to build and wrench, others love to just play and get pissed if it ever breaks and then theres some that likes to do both. When i bought my wraith I knew damn good and well I was looking at 500+ to upgrade it, i accepted that fact and immediately attacked the very first things that I knew would fail even during regular use. I currently have the xr10 and the wraith, and between both of them, I found myself wrenching alot more than playing. With that said though, everytime I wrench, I upgrade what broke. Now after multiple garage sessions, I can say I play alot more than wrench. Which for me, is very satisfying to know that Ive been deligent and spent my time wisely on improving on my fun time. In all actuality, the wraith, does not at all require upgrades. You have the cheap option to just keep replacing stock parts for stock parts. But who does that? One could buy a ruger 10-22 from wal-mart and use it right out of the box, but why? When you can put bull barrels, scopes, extended mags, camo stocks etc... On it. We like to show off!!!! Plus it just works better. Moral of the story is, If you have no plans to set aside the time or funds to make it nice, SELL IT!
Completely agree, there are enough of of all types of RC's to go around, i know of a few mega $ RC's who's wheels have never touched anything but a shelf.
Their money their choice.

Likewise if someone wants to buy a brand new truck and throw $1k at it with hop up's believe or not i'm happy these people exist as it's folks like this that companies produce new bits for

The fact remains though that a $200+ RC car should be fit for purpose, in this case (and the case of the XR10) that purpose should be reasonable off-road driving.

For the XR10 that is absolutely certainly not the case.
For the Wraith, going by many responses in this thread many believe the Wraith isn't fit for purpose either.

My observation was simply that the shite tolerance level is a LOT higher in the crawler segment and seems to be LOT higher for Americans buying American products.

Either way it's absolutely essential IMO that people are allowed to express their displeasure and talk about the failures on these cars.
Belittling these folks and the failures they've had is not good for anyone in our hobby.

I know if i was working for Axial i'd want to know what my buyers were thinking and how to keep them happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
I would love to see traxxas put out somthing simmalar to the wraith there products are extreamly durabale and are almost bullet proof right out of the box. Independent front suspension would be the way go
Unless run on 6S starts with E and ends with Revo
Old 10-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
read thru the wraiths section I assure you if you use it you will need more than 45$ worth of upgrades the drive shafts alone will cost more than that after you twist them up like a tootie roll
MR Know It All isn't smart enough to know it wont stop there
Old 10-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
MR Know It All isn't smart enough to know it wont stop there
Thanks for your contribution....you are an asset to this website.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #98

Wow ... what a thread.
For someone who WAS considering moving from scale touring over to scale crawling, this was certainly an eye opener.
I appreciate all of the value-added comments and suggestions.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:51 PM   #99
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunn View Post
Wow ... what a thread.
For someone who WAS considering moving from scale touring over to scale crawling, this was certainly an eye opener.
I appreciate all of the value-added comments and suggestions.
it really is a lot of fun... and work.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #100
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
it really is a lot of fun... and work.
The Wraith, or this thread?
Closed Thread