Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: tired of the Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #1

Angry tired of the Wraith

well when i first got the wraith i was more than happy with it, but as time went on i really wish i wouldnt have wasted the money. i knew before i got it that a few things would need upgraded like the links and knuckles, c-hubs, and stereing links. I figured id still wait till they broke till i upgraded them but everything else seems to be breaking before those. first the motor went so i put in a 19t venom no big deal. had to get the esc reset with a castle link and finally got it goin and in five minutes twisted the driveshafts. still didnt mind upgrading them with the ckrc ones which im not real impressed with the way they mount. Now it finally worked for about a week then it went off about a foot drop onto the front bumper breaking the two support bars on top and the lower one that the bottom of it bolts into the frame, ruining most of the frame now. on the way back home the esc burnt up and blew one of the gears in the tranny. Im fed up with the thing now and am weighing my options. im either gonna fix it and sell it or take the axles and a few other things and turn it into a custom built scaler/crawler or just burn/shoot it and put it down gloriously. wondering if u guys had any input on the situation.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Ill trade you a box of tissues for it
Old 10-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody318 View Post
well when i first got the wraith i was more than happy with it, but as time went on i really wish i wouldnt have wasted the money. i knew before i got it that a few things would need upgraded like the links and knuckles, c-hubs, and stereing links. I figured id still wait till they broke till i upgraded them but everything else seems to be breaking before those. first the motor went so i put in a 19t venom no big deal. had to get the esc reset with a castle link and finally got it goin and in five minutes twisted the driveshafts. still didnt mind upgrading them with the ckrc ones which im not real impressed with the way they mount. Now it finally worked for about a week then it went off about a foot drop onto the front bumper breaking the two support bars on top and the lower one that the bottom of it bolts into the frame, ruining most of the frame now. on the way back home the esc burnt up and blew one of the gears in the tranny. Im fed up with the thing now and am weighing my options. im either gonna fix it and sell it or take the axles and a few other things and turn it into a custom built scaler/crawler or just burn/shoot it and put it down gloriously. wondering if u guys had any input on the situation.
nothing breaks unless YOU break it. I've driven the truck 40+ hours and have broke nothing. Its your driving style. If you don't want to break things be mindful of what your doing.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
R.I.P. Chip

I'll give you $37.50, 1 jumbo size of Mydol, and 6 tampons (unused) for it?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #5

Why so serious .......hahahhahahha some one het him a waaaa burger and some friench cries hahahahahha I felt the same way about the xr 10 so I threw it into the rocks I crawl on .....it is a part of the trail now ill send u some panty pads and take 10 bucks and trade
Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I'll give you $37.50, 1 jumbo size of Mydol, and 6 tampons (unused) for it?
I see your offer and raise you $37.75, 1 Jumbo sized Mydol, 7 unused tampons, a broken 19" tv and some stickers.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody318 View Post
...take the axles and a few other things and turn it into a custom built scaler/crawler...
I thought this was everyone's plan when the Wraith was first announced??
Old 10-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #8

I have a feeling he wasnt expecting these types of responses.. LOL
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Old 10-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamar2626 View Post
I have a feeling he wasnt expecting these types of responses.. LOL
i dont think so
Old 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #11

I think the op played it up a little but I can see where he is coming from. If I didn't like tearing things apart and fixing them as much as I do I might feel the same way. But I also know that my driving style or lack thereof has broken most of the parts on my wraith.

When in doubt power out!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Dude....really??...you put a 19t spining 5.5" tires with plastic drive shafts, your gonna break em. You bought cheap drive shafts. You bombed it off a foot cliff at full throttle... Your gonna break parts doin that. There is this old saying my dad has always told me, "if you play you pay." That means you go out and beat on your 1:1 rig or you rc car your gonna be paying to fix shat. Try to drive better
Old 10-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddinscx View Post
Dude....really??...you put a 19t spining 5.5" tires with plastic drive shafts, your gonna break em. You bought cheap drive shafts. You bombed it off a foot cliff at full throttle... Your gonna break parts doin that. There is this old saying my dad has always told me, "if you play you pay." That means you go out and beat on your 1:1 rig or you rc car your gonna be paying to fix shat. Try to drive better
I rock crawl my scx10 and I've hopped it off 4ft rocks dead into the front wheels and so far all I've done was slightly bent a aluminum link. Soo what ever your doin is just nuts
Old 10-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I dunno what shitbox made on Sunday wraith you got, but I have seen videos of the one Jason drives.

Dude if his held up long enough to make a couple of kick ass vids, then it's quite obvious what your problem is with your wraith.
A loose nut behind the wheel.

I'll see all these offers in here and raise them all by one and offer my wife's sister's cat. It's the only cat I have ever met that is allergic to cats.
How cool would it be to have a sneezing and miserable cat ?
( well besides being married )
Old 10-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
20K Club

Headed to chit chat...
Old 10-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Im tired of not having a wraith.Its exhausting watching all my buddies having a good time trail driving,bashing,and crawling.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #17

I'll give u my sisters cat (devil spawn I call it) 45 Aussie dollars and a mchappy meal..

I break gear on my downhill mountain bike all the time and I know it's not the bike.. It's my riding.. Try forking out $1,500-$2000 for a set of forks or $1,200 to replace 2 wheels.. Lmao...
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I think if you've come from other RC's it's easy to get pissed off.

I can't think of 1 crawler that comes off the shelf fit for purpose, 5 mins on y XR10 and the gears sheared.
So i can see where your coming from.

It seems that with crawlers peoples expectations are a LOT lower than with many other RC cars.
If a company sold Touring cars with anywhere near the same fundamental design flaws they'd be quickly out of business.

It's not just on-road either, my HPI Blitz has been to hell and back, it's taught all the kids how to drive RC, it's been off 10m high jumps, flat out into walls all at speeds most crawlers could only dream of.

I was also mega disappointed with the Wraith, after 10 mins i was bored of putting it back on 4 wheels.
Difficult o know what the hell Axial were thinking with that one, as it doesn't really look scale, doesn't crawl well and bashes no where near as well as say a Savage, Blitz, ERevo, Slash etc etc.

We didn't even use 1/2 a pack through it as we through the pack in the Slash and had a damn site more fun

So i can see where your coming from.
In all honesty though your voicing your complaints in the wrong place, only a small few here still have the patience, skills and know how to sort their trucks themselves.
90% just throw $1k at their cars, bolt it all on, stick up a "baller" thread and think they've engineered the next space shuttle.

Bit ostentatious for me, but then i can't be arsed either so am doing the exact same thing in my XR10

You really have to read between the lines to get good honest assessments, i've seen folks complain that a $40 bit of alloy doesn't fit right without spacers and be shouted down cause it's from a company that has many fan boys.
Keep with it though there are many many kick ass folks here that aren't sponsored, fan boys or so far up suppliers arses they can't see daylight

Cheers
Mark
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
...as it doesn't really look scale...
I'm not gonna comment on the rest, but this.....here is the 1:1 version:

Still think it doesnt look "scale"?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I'm not gonna comment on the rest, but this.....here is the 1:1 version:

Still think it doesnt look "scale"?
Ok point taken.

But then if i made a crawler based on the Batmobile it could well be scale but it's not really realistic is it?

There is no right or wrong here as we're all different, but the attraction of "scale" RC's to me is that your building something you see.
Personally i have never seen a car like the above on the road in my 42 years on this planet.
Closed Thread