Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: MMP & Tekin sensored 13.5 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #1

Default MMP & Tekin sensored 13.5 issue

I know a lot of you guys are running this set-up and I am as well. The issue i'm having is when crawling up hill, stop, and the wraith starts to roll backwards, it won't engage into forward again until it comes to a complete stop. I have the drag brake set to full crawl, so it's not that. Is this normal? I thought I might have screwed up the settings but I played around with them and don't see what I can change to fix it. I called Castle and they said that it's built into the programming to save the transmission and that the brushless motor's magnets are to weak to hold the vehicle in place and he recommended I switch to a brushed motor. I'm having a hard time believing that there is nothing I can to fix this. I crawl a lot of rocky hills and I'm tired of seeing the wraith roll all the way back down the hill everytime it starts to roll backwards.

Any ideas?
hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

with castle this is correct. they will not apply power when spinning reverse what you want to do. Not sure how the system in there works, but it keeps from crossing power.

Only idea i could recommend is try and use the programer to adjust the drag brake. Or switch to a tekin or novak brushless ESC. you can keep the motor which is good.

I have a Novak goat 2s, and i think its perfect for my needs, but castle is the last thing i would want to try and crawl with. (they enjoy tons of speed, at least mine did)

Also now that i think of it, i that thought the feature that castle has was only on non sensored... Ill let a expert chime in to confirm.
OntarioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

What is the reverse type set as, I use the Crawler reverse. Which is instant.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Also, you might check your throttle trim....it might be set slightly toward reverse which will cause problems like this.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
What is the reverse type set as, I use the Crawler reverse. Which is instant.
It is set for crawler reverse.
hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

In my scx10 i couldnt move it with the drag break on 213% neutral throttle! Maybe try programing the s/c to the tx again, i dont know!
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Mine does the same thing. They just do not hold both directions. I onlyhave my mmp set to 100% and it front flips if I let off the throttle to fast, but it just rolls back. I think its a brushless thing more than a castle brushless thing. However, I have heard that one of the esc companies is working on this very issue and might have a solution in hand(or more to the point, in firmware upgrades hopefully). No names, no time frame, but I am sure it will be annouced when it gets done.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Im also running a ballistic motor with a 13mm rotor, use to run a 14mm rotor with the 8.5t I dont know if the novak motors make any differance though. The bigger rotors do help.
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

i'm running the mmp 1cell with the ballistic 18.5 crawler brushless. i set the drag brake to 213% and it's WAY to much! will hold the truck solid on a 65* incline!! gonna turn it down a bit. IF mine starts to roll backwards you can just give it a little throttle and it will take off. i'm not sure what's different other than the motor.
hoghead5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

On 213% drag mine won't budge forward or reverse even with a cheapo hk 13.5. What's your drag set at? Also +1 on the throttle trim. Try recalibrating with trims zeroed and set drag higher.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I am running the exact same set up as you MMP w/Tekin 13.5. My drag brake isn't turned all the way up so it does roll back a little, but I can gas it anytime I want and keep going.....never have to wait for it to stop. Sometimes if I don't want it to roll I just barely apply throttle to keep a little resistance on it.
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote