Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: wraith univerals slack on one side: neeed help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #1

Default wraith univerals slack on one side: neeed help!

ive upgraded my wraith with strc chubs, knucks, and the axial universals. ive flipped the ring gear on the front to run the arb diff covers. holding the diffs in are the aluminum holders also from strc. upon completing the installation, i notice on the right side, the universal, hex, and wheel have a small amount of slack, to the point where i can hold the wheel and tire and watch it move back and forth inside the chub and axle housing. the left side which is shorter does not have any slack and works as it should. what can i do for this? please any input would be greatly appreciated.
091tck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

you can buy some shims that you can run between the hex hub and the outermost bearing on the knuckles.

you will need 6x8x.01 or 0.2 shims. There are a couple different people that make them, I know HPI has them.
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
20K Club

It's common. Some people shim them, I did not. It wasn't enough for me to worry about. Have quite a few hours on them and haven't seen any issues.

Wraith front universals endplay?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:29 AM   #4

thanks guys. i like the idea of using the shock oring. ill pick up some shims on my next order and try both techniques to see which tightens up the slop the best. my only worry about the oring is that it will harden over time and dry rot, causing it to fall off. thanks again guys i appreciate the help
091tck is offline   Reply With Quote