Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Deven's Wraith Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Deven's Wraith Project

ok, so i am starting a build, where i am going to build a wraith starting with the frame.

What i would like to know is what all will work with the setup,, like what kkind of axles will work, or not, the linkages, etc etc,, so far all i have is the frame
devenaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Wraith axles will work the best. They are going for $150.00 on ebay and other places. If you buy them part by part it will be more. If you plan on some serious bashing your going to want alum. chubs and knuckles. Also for a servo you can use a savox. Their a little cheaper $80ish then Hitec for some where close to the oz/in torque rating. they use a futaba horn which has a 24t spline. Definitely upgrade the steering tie rod and drag link. I use an STRC. Its about $15.50 or so and read the bottom of the product page on it, you'll have to have certain axial rod ends for correct. Stock drive shafts for the Wraith are fine or you can go with MIP for the AX10. those are about $45ish. You can use Wraith uppers but be sure to upgrade the lowers. You can make them yourself but the material needed will cost more then Vanquish Products Ti links because you might have to but the material in bulk, like say a 20ft piece of stainless tubing is $20 bucks and you have to go to a welding supply place to purchase it. VP's lower links will run you about $50 before shipping. Stock trans is okay but better if you upgrade the internal gears with Robinson Racing gears. Make sure you get the final gear for the Wraith because it accepts Axial Wraith outputs. Definite must for durability. Motor and speed control are up to you. There are many companies that make great gear, just have to decide if you want brushed or brushless. There is a novel's worth more to tell ya so best thing to do is READ ALL THAT YOU CAN IN THE AXIAL WRAITH SECTION which I'm sure you have already started.

James T.
JimmyJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

yeah i figured as much with the knuckles and links,,, so far i have the frame and tires that i pulled from another truck

im going to get the axles first, and then i will piece the suspension together
devenaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Deven's Wraith Project

I have one for sale too! PM me, Ill send pics.....oh, Actually I have 4.. Im privy to all the dirty lil Tricks!
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote