Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Muddywaters back in action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Muddywaters back in action

Got home today and on my front porch I had waiting for me my two front Aluminum axles from RC4WD for the 4WS, and my Proline assortment springs. So that means that the motor package from Holmes Hobbies should also be here by next week. So I got to work on the 4WS and finished that today, put in the XHD No Slop lockers, my MIP drive shafts, front and rear VP tie rods and drarg links, also put on the poison Diff covers on and placed an order on an HPI Jeep Rubicon body from RRP Hobbies. Next I will cut the rear stiffiners to make sure that the rear servo clears, install the green Proline springs when the other set comes in, cause I placed one order first and placed the 2nd oder a day later, work on were and how to put the winch on until the motor comes in. And start playing with 4PL to get use to it. Hope you guys like more pic's to come.

Last edited by muddywaters; 12-05-2011 at 08:33 PM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I was going to order those diff covers when I ordered my wraith, but they were out of stock. They look great.
tklatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
RCC Addict

That's motivation, great job!
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #4

wow i hadn't really considered how little clearance there is for the rear servo.
radster87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklatti View Post
I was going to order those diff covers when I ordered my wraith, but they were out of stock. They look great.
Thanks brother!!, a forum member gave me a good Idea A while back on those poison Diff cover's. If they are out of stock just order two of the key chains of those poison diff's they are the same and will work.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
That's motivation, great job!
Thanks Maddog! it's coming along just can't wait to get the motor and hit the trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radster87 View Post
wow i hadn't really considered how little clearance there is for the rear servo.
Yes sir radster, but once you get rid of the stiffiner it falls in place.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Looking good muddy. I ordered up a 4pl yesterday since I decided I was probably gonna go 4ws sooner than later. Watching Harley's videos didn't hurt either.

So forgive me for being slow (I just got home from a 12hr graveyard shift), but what exactly did you remove in the rear to make room for the servo? Do you have any other pics?
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillie View Post
Looking good muddy. I ordered up a 4pl yesterday since I decided I was probably gonna go 4ws sooner than later. Watching Harley's videos didn't hurt either.

So forgive me for being slow (I just got home from a 12hr graveyard shift), but what exactly did you remove in the rear to make room for the servo? Do you have any other pics?
Yes sir tell me about when I got on this forum I was going google eye on some the trucks that are on here and how they are transformed it's like a drug, but I already confessed on the post. X2 on the Harley videos thats was got me hooked too. So here it is before and after pics hope this helps. It's the stiffiner in the rear close to the lights, so now I have to mount the lights on the body. Plus I also picked this up at Home Depot a Dremel Stylus, to make it easier to cut and polish up a little and it's real good for the hobby entusiast and awesome to handle.

Last edited by muddywaters; 12-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks a lot. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I like that dremel, looks a lot nicer than my 15 year old one
Old 12-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks a lot. That's what I thought, but wasn't sure. I like that dremel, looks a lot nicer than my 15 year old one
Thanks Man!! my old one just fried on me so I had to pick this baby up, it's light and easy to work with.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Just got confirmation from John "Holmes Hobbies" that my 13t Team edition motor, my water proof BRXL, and my Castle creation bec pro is on it's way can't wait cause that was the only thing missing to get my wraith running and hit the trails .
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Thanks brother!!, a forum member gave me a good Idea A while back on those poison Diff cover's. If they are out of stock just order two of the key chains of those poison diff's they are the same and will work.
Muddy, you're welcome for the tip. ;D
JUGGARNAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Whats the track width to the out side of the tires? and the hub offset for the wheels?
rollincoal3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Just got confirmation from John "Holmes Hobbies" that my 13t Team edition motor, my water proof BRXL, and my Castle creation bec pro is on it's way can't wait cause that was the only thing missing to get my wraith running and hit the trails .
I got the same email. Looks like I'll be getting the exact same thing except for the bec pro. I'm in the same boat, this is the last thing I need to get it running & in the dirt
Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGARNAUT View Post
Muddy, you're welcome for the tip. ;D
Thanks JUGGARNAUT for the tip, If I did not thank you from before my bad brother. I thought I would help a forum member out like I've been help here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollincoal3500 View Post
Whats the track width to the out side of the tires? and the hub offset for the wheels?
rollincoal, I've got a track width of 13 1/2 outside tires and I'm using the 450 hub. It came with the Mayhem Monster wheels included.

Quote:
I got the same email. Looks like I'll be getting the exact same thing except for the bec pro. I'm in the same boat, this is the last thing I need to get it running & in the dirt
Thats awesome Slickwillie! can't wait. I'm still debating on color scheme for my wraith.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I love those axles! I wish more stuff for this truck was avail, I want to get the axial cvds for the front and rear of mine, aswell as a few other things but no one has anything! lol.
can you post a link to harleys vids? i'm workin on doin rear steer on my wraith aswell. just gotta get those damn cvd's. thanks in advance.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

"Thanks JUGGARNAUT for the tip, If I did not thank you from before my bad brother. I thought I would help a forum member out like I've been help here before. "You did Bro..glad I could help..
JUGGARNAUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthellfire911 View Post
I love those axles! I wish more stuff for this truck was avail, I want to get the axial cvds for the front and rear of mine, aswell as a few other things but no one has anything! lol.
can you post a link to harleys vids? i'm workin on doin rear steer on my wraith aswell. just gotta get those damn cvd's. thanks in advance.

Thanks bro! If you look on page 4 you'll see harlyes posts and on his 1st page you'll see his videos I remember him saying something like he was posting his videos their. As for the universals I did a quick check and your right their no were to be found.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Got home and found this on my door step.

Now I can get back to work and install the Holmes motor package, 2012 13t team edition, waterproof BRXL, and my CC BEC Pro. Also got on the way my winch mount and a new Rubicon body cause I kind of got carried away on the other jeep body and cut to much.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Oh i'm so jealous. HH stuff is awsome. I just got two 7T pullers from a guy online. I love em!!! Hope you enjoy it Bud.
chopperray is offline   Reply With Quote