RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   new to wraiths have some ???s (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/353172-new-wraiths-have-some-s.html)

RednekCrawler 12-10-2011 10:11 PM

new to wraiths have some ???s

sorry for being new to wraiths (no rc crawling).
i just ordered one and got some new beadlocks and outcroppers tires for it,.
Are there any other tips or secrete yall could tell me and one more thing,
What shock fluid and diff grease do you recommend? Is there somewhere that sells a variety bundle of it so i can get few different kind instead of all seperate?

Also im running a sidewinderscesc with brushless motor any gear info? doing minor crawling and some bashing.

AND YES I SEARCHED!"thumbsup"

NFA Fabrication 12-10-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RednekCrawler (Post 3431750)
sorry for being new to wraiths (no rc crawling).
i just ordered one and got some new beadlocks and outcroppers tires for it,.
Are there any other tips or secrete yall could tell me and one more thing,
What shock fluid and diff grease do you recommend? Is there somewhere that sells a variety bundle of it so i can get few different kind instead of all seperate?

Also im running a sidewinderscesc with brushless motor any gear info? doing minor crawling and some bashing.

AND YES I SEARCHED!"thumbsup"

What motor?

RednekCrawler 12-10-2011 10:41 PM

astle Creations 1/10 Sidewinder SC ESC + 3800 kV Motor

i do mostly minor crawling and some trails and mess aroung the yard alot.

meatmonkey 12-11-2011 04:33 AM

You can basically forget about doing any precise crawling with that setup. I run it in a Rustler an the slowest it will go is almost 5mph. Being sensorless means lots of low speed cogging and a lack of low speed control. But boy is it going to be fast and hard on the drivetrain.

For crawling my suggestion would be to pick up a Holmes Hobbies Sportmaster 35 Turn and a Castle link you you can run the brushed motor off of your SCT ESC. Gear it somewhere between 14/80 and 16/80 and you ought to be able to do some decent crawling. But it's gonna be rather slow, like just a touch faster than a brisk walk.

ev0l 12-11-2011 07:46 AM

Sensored 13.5 is becoming the preferred brushless setup. It is a pretty good mix of speed vs control. Your setup is gonna be good for speed only. You can forget about crawling with it, as stated before, cogging and smooth power delivery will make it near impossible on the sensorless setup.

Shock fluid is more per your taste and what you're doing. I run 40 wt in mine.

Diff grease? It has lockers so there isn't much diff action to tune.

Secrets? Flip your lower shock mounts to lower your stance right off. this drasticly improves handling.

Enjoy your wraith, they are a hoot!