RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Dynamic Concepts Wraith Rubi Buggy Panel Set (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/354781-dynamic-concepts-wraith-rubi-buggy-panel-set.html)

Dynamic Concepts 12-19-2011 02:13 PM

Dynamic Concepts Wraith Rubi Buggy Panel Set

2 Attachment(s)
Dynamic Concepts Rubi Wraith Buggy Panel Set

Official Release Date: Early January 2012***

4-Piece Body Panel Set

- Designed exclusively to fit the Axial Wraith

- Grill, hood, and windshield frame integrated into one piece.

- Separate side panels mount to the rear, sides, and hidden up under the integrated front for secure fit, especially if hood is to be operational.

- Rear tail piece that covers the side panel rear wrap-around sections.

- Named "Rubi" to reflect the Rubicon trail without breaking trademark agreements......

Official Release Giveaway

- Open to all RCC members with stars, including vendors.

- Drawing will be made December 31 by Harley using the random number generator.

Congratulations to RolandRockShop, the giveaway winner

- *** Initial fitment is done, and I am currently tweaking the mold setup for more consistent forming.

Dynamic Concepts 12-19-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Dynamic Concepts Wraith Rubi Buggy Panel Set

3 Attachment(s)
- #5: We added individual features from a number of different Jeep body types to please the Jeep enthusiasts. I would have loved to add a grill insert option for square and round headlights, but I had to stop somewhere.

- #7: What is this body most like?..... JK? I can always change the name at this point....... Update: Name changed.:mrgreen:

- #10: Feel free to PM me some pics of inner fenders.

- #11: Rob, we are looking into covering the rear more, from the current feedback. And let Michelle know I will be sending one of these, and the K5 I promised her to see if inside skins are possible once I form some JK panels.....

- #13: That is a cool spare tire mod. I passed the link to John, and we'll see what we can do. It may have to wait for a near-future project, but it has a lot of potential, even as a stand-alone kit.

- #16: The dimples are necessary to use as spacers. I have the option of ditching that if it detracts from the overall look. I wanted to see what people thought of them.

- #20: It was designed with a hinged hood in mind.

- #25: This should have a lot more clearance than the K5. The flares are very high, and can be trimmed back.

- #27: The body is designed exclusively to fit the Wraith, so there were some design limitations. I will post up a side view so you can determine if it seems long or not.

- #31: Forming with .040" Lexan in the current mold configuration should be plenty strong. I am also entertaining the option of a .060" HD version for a few more $$.

- #37: The Early Bronco is my #1 requested Wraith body at this time, but that is for another thread at a later time.....

- #50: The flares can be easily trimmed, or cut completely off. They are not a structural feature. I will be posting up a wrap-around rear shortly that covers the rear.

- #53: There are a few options out there for holding a hinged hood down, including a post coming up through the spacers at the 2 front stock mounting locations, and using cotter pins. A cheap set of cable tie straps wrapping around the stock body brace under the cowl should work well for hood hinges.

- #57: Feel free to PM me good reference pics, along with specific details that make it a YJ, and not simply a Jeep.

- #59: On Jan.1 this body can be purchased by PM'ing me on this site, through Ebay, or rpphobby.com if Corey would like to sell them.

- #64: The parts I make are thermoformed. Injection-formed parts add a whole new level of cost.

- #72: You modded that JK body very nicely, Clayton...."thumbsup"

- #81: An RCC member forwarded me a link for some nice aircraft hinges. If I can purchase enough of them, I may offer a
.060" Lexan HD version with a set of hinges.

Note: Updated Renderings on 12/23

-- Hood Option #1 shown has the back hood line trimmed, as well as the front hood line, keeping the grill stationary. Using this option, the grill would have to be glued on the corners to the side panels. The side hood lines are already there from normal fitment. Hinges would have to be added.

-- Hood Option #2 would have the grill stay attached to the hood, and add vertical slots to clear the front tube bumper . The rear hood line would also have to be trimmed, and hinges added.

- The small pockets to the inside of the tail lights are shallow angle pocket to align the button-head mounting screws perpendicular to the rear cover.

sloppy 12-19-2011 02:28 PM

Re: Dynamic Concepts Wraith CJ/TJ Buggy Panel Set

I dont see a CJ??? either way i am in.

BrainDead 12-19-2011 02:35 PM

YESSS!!!!!!! So as you may not know, I'm super pumped that this is being made!!!! This looks like it will fit great with any wraith weather its been chopped or not. My criticism would be about the rear. I feel there's to much cage showing. Maybe have the rear wrap around like the original panels but square out the edges, or some how cover the whole rear.
Cant wait to get one!

Atchley 12-19-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sloppy (Post 3456085)
I dont see a CJ??? either way i am in.

I see a JK.

Either way in! Thanks for the chance!

WarTrader 12-19-2011 02:49 PM

I have to have this, I'm in! It would be cool if the windshield could be taken off, and replaced as desired. Yeah I know either way I love the fact it has one. I'd also like to see the rear wrap around a little more. Even most custom trail machines just smoothy wrap around without the molded in light buckets. Thanks for the chance!

shwng1973 12-19-2011 02:52 PM

I'm in. This looks awesome.
Thanks for the chance.

Bananaclip 12-19-2011 02:58 PM

Absolutely the coolest body you have released to date. I would love to see inner fender wells! Nothing ealse to add but I want one!"thumbsup"

Krawler Konceptz 12-19-2011 03:02 PM

In for this "thumbsup" no rear tailgate? Should be Very skin friendly ;-) want to order one eitherway "thumbsup"

Rob

Maddog Madigan 12-19-2011 03:07 PM

Perfect job on this one, can't wait for it! I'm in!

sjg90125 12-19-2011 03:21 PM

Looks great but I agree it could use a tailgate or possibly a mini roof panel and\or rear deck for those that are cutting the rear roof supports out. Refer to the Axial website

Wraith RTR Spare Tire Mod

Can't wait to order one!

Jester666 12-19-2011 03:44 PM

Oh you guys suck (jk). Just when I try to get out, awesome vendors like yourself bring out more cool things and pull me back in. Thanks a lot:mrgreen:

How about a non comp cut version for those that want a more scale look when running 1.9 on a wraith?

Awesome work guys, I can wait to see more of this.

DiEzel 12-19-2011 03:48 PM

Awesome, Cant wait to see what you guys release in the future!

jeepinkid83 12-19-2011 03:51 PM

In thanks for the chance. Only thing that I don't care for would be the "dimples" next to the tail lights. What are those for?

Pdog7 12-19-2011 04:42 PM

I'm in. Looks awesome."thumbsup"

S ARR T 8 12-19-2011 04:46 PM

Really like the fenders very nice work"thumbsup"

Propane 12-19-2011 04:51 PM

The look is sweet. The JK is current and Mopar even made a KOH JK so very authentic. I would like to see the rear wrap all the way around so it's closed in. Or even a separate tailgate piece like mentioned earlier. The comp fenders are a must on a tube chassis rig like this. Great products and killer innovation.

Is it possible to do multiple front end inserts? Like a JK, TJ, YJ and CJ?

IV WHLN 12-19-2011 05:38 PM

I dig it and would love to rock it..... Although I'd like to see it in YJ skins.

edit: a hinged hood would be nice too.

ROLANDROCKSHOP 12-19-2011 05:40 PM

i like it!

you might could have the grills interchangeable..jk/tj/yj
if it was possible of course..

AsILayDying 12-19-2011 05:50 PM

My only constructive criticism is that it would look better on my new Wraith. Looks great man, I'm in and thanks.

Rockthrasher 12-19-2011 06:11 PM

Looks great Kurt! Could use a Rockthrasher paint job. "thumbsup" Seriously, best design yet.

team3six 12-19-2011 06:12 PM

Now thats what I am talking about Kurt. That is sweetness."thumbsup"

madtinner 12-19-2011 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
man and i just got my k5 mounted.....,will there be a little more wheel/tire clearance up front? k5 a little tight with wraith lowered a little .
oh and count me in!!Attachment 180715

meatmonkey 12-19-2011 06:54 PM

I'd like to see the back closed in, so it looks like the tub continues all the way around. Other than that it's rockin.

I'm in.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 12-19-2011 07:02 PM

I like it. Hope the hood is not 7' long like the HPI jeep.

Raney120 12-19-2011 07:03 PM

I'm in looks great only thing I would like to see is the rear tube covered up more but other than that looks awesome

mray 12-19-2011 07:15 PM

I'm digging it for the most part. Something about the front end looks more like a liberty though. Also, like others have stated maybe a little more coverage in the back.

k goodrich 12-19-2011 07:28 PM

I'm in, you could use a piece of lexan so people could make a tailgate or a dust cover for the back. The front grill could be changed by a simple decal. Overall it is great. Now i don't have to spend two hours to create my on jeep body again.:mrgreen:

MNorby 12-19-2011 07:40 PM

I like the fenders. Are they going to be very thick/strong?

muddywaters 12-19-2011 07:44 PM

Thats what I'm talking about. I'm in thanks for the chance. And if I don't win I'm still going to get it for my birthday which is the Jan 2,"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Definitely like the updated pictures,"thumbsup" to what you have added on the first page. It will definitely replace this body, Win or not I'm all over it when they hit the market. ? Kurt, Were do you find small enough hinges for the hood or would you have to make them yourself.

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...onesll/113.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...esll/002-9.jpg

http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/z...esll/003-4.jpg

fallin apart 12-19-2011 09:24 PM

The only thing I would like is one with a cowl hood but other then that I love the look.

kranswall 12-20-2011 03:53 AM

Count me in please, looks great!

Really like the flares

Thicker would be great

I would like to see more coverage

Full/half door depending on where you cut?

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mrtwister75 12-20-2011 08:27 AM

Re: Dynamic Concepts Wraith JK Buggy Panel Set

I'm in looks good a cowl hood and tailgate would be nice. Would really like to see you make a early bronco body to fit the wraith. "thumbsup"

Rig Rocker 12-20-2011 12:20 PM

Definitely make it so a hinged hood is possible. Count me in DC "thumbsup"

NorZepol 12-20-2011 01:41 PM

Looks great. Id like to see it with a CJ/TJ style grille and as everyone else says a more "closed" rear end. I know you have a early bronco wraith body in the works, how about a full size bronco (1979?)
Oh, Im in on the giveaway too, thanks for the chance"thumbsup"

STANG KILLA SS 12-20-2011 01:51 PM

you goal is to single handedly take ALL of our money isnt it :shock:

Land Crab 12-20-2011 02:01 PM

It looks GRRRRREAT, and especially if the hood 'can' be hinged. My only suggestion or wish would be that the rear wrap around panels with the lights in them extend down to cover the frame kind of like the Wraith body panels do now. I will keep an eye on this as the 31st is my B-day :mrgreen:

SAL45 12-20-2011 03:44 PM

I'm in! Thanks for the chance "thumbsup" I really like the detail you are putting into the bodies so far "thumbsup""thumbsup"

chicklet 12-20-2011 04:04 PM

Very nice! It would be cool if you made a drop in JK interior to match the body 8)

craddock35 12-20-2011 04:11 PM

I could def use this. I would rather see the rear tub and some kind of roof and a hinged hood. Hinged hood more than anything I think most people are running the battery up front and that would make it much easier to change out."thumbsup"