RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Wraith battery connector (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/355448-wraith-battery-connector.html)

SlowGrynd 12-23-2011 12:51 AM

Wraith battery connector

Noob here, just ordered a Wraith RTR as my first electric rc.

Can somebody link me the exact connector I will need for my battery to be able to plug right into the factory Wraith harness?

Will be using this battery HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 2S 35~70C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse)

I've read till my head hurts and I think it's tamiya female but I can use any help, advice or sarcasm.

frdtrkguy 12-23-2011 01:11 AM

Re: Wraith battery connector

TowerHobbies.com | CTMF Muchmore Racing 7.2V Connector Tamiya Type Set

Most switch to a high current connector like deans.

Natedog 12-23-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow (Post 3463437)
Noob here, just ordered a Wraith RTR as my first electric rc.

Can somebody link me the exact connector I will need for my battery to be able to plug right into the factory Wraith harness?

Will be using this battery HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 4500mah 2S 35~70C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse)

I've read till my head hurts and I think it's tamiya female but I can use any help, advice or sarcasm.

Exactly what Frdtrkguy said, but you best change out to something like Dean's plugs asap...that battery stands a good chance of melting the Tamiya plug that comes on the RTR ESC. :lmao:

SlowGrynd 12-23-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 3463504)
Exactly what Frdtrkguy said, but you best change out to something like Dean's plugs asap...that battery stands a good chance of melting the Tamiya plug that comes on the RTR ESC. :lmao:

Researching Dean's plugs now. I'm coming over from Traxxas Revos and a lot of this is greek to me.

:oops:

Back to reading..

NFA Fabrication 12-23-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow (Post 3463507)
Researching Dean's plugs now. I'm coming over from Traxxas Revos and a lot of this is greek to me.

:oops:

Back to reading..

After melting 2 deans (Not on any crawler stuff!), I have switched all my cars to Traxxas connectors. No issues yet! But yes OP, the above was correct, you need the Tamiya Female for your battery if you are not changing the ESC connector, but I would suggest you do!

GrimJeeper91 12-23-2011 08:27 AM

Another vote for the Traxxas connector!

Natedog 12-23-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication (Post 3463513)
After melting 2 deans (Not on any crawler stuff!), I have switched all my cars to Traxxas connectors. No issues yet! But yes OP, the above was correct, you need the Tamiya Female for your battery if you are not changing the ESC connector, but I would suggest you do!

I've never seen a metled Deans.... :shock: What were you doing?

I like the Traxxas design but they are fawkin huge! :shock: I used them for awhile and then went back to Deans.

Testykalz 12-23-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 3464289)

I'd have to guess a larger heli! I use Deans, have thought about traxxas but why change something that is working fine for me...

NFA Fabrication 12-23-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog (Post 3464289)

I like the Traxxas design but they are fawkin huge! :shock: I used them for awhile and then went back to Deans.

12 cell NIMH Mamba Max in a Slash a few years back. You'd never have this issue in any Crawler set-up, deans would be more than fine, plus like you said, much smaller, easier to route. I just put my Castle BEC in my Wraith by soldering it into an extension with a male TRX on one end, and a female TRX on the other, and changed out the ESC to a TRX male at the same time. It would have been easier to route the Deans through that small hole in the lexan at the front!

SlowGrynd 01-04-2012 05:42 PM

I threw a nimh with the tamiya connector in to get me running and Deans is now high on the to-do list. Keep losing connection at the connector, it's definitely junk.