Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: BONDO's WRAITH BUILD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: BONDO's WRAITH BUILD

I think I'm gonna try a 2200mah 20C 3s pack to get some wheel speed and a lighter load ?

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 01-10-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo fix
BONDONUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONDONUTZ View Post
I think I'm gonna try a 2200mah 20C 3s pack to get soem wheeel speed and a lighter load ?
Yeah I run a 2200mah 35C 3S in my Wraith with the battery-forward conversion; I'm only running a BRXL and a Holmes 30t brushed motor, but its for trail/crawling only anyways. Having the greater wheel speed is nice as long as you don't sacrifice too much low-end. Was able to pull up a slippery and steep log filled slope due to wheel speed at a comp on Sunday, as opposed to a few other trucks that didn't have the wheel speed. Those with more torque just were spinning wheels.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Yeah I run a 2200mah 35C 3S in my Wraith with the battery-forward conversion; I'm only running a BRXL and a Holmes 30t brushed motor, but its for trail/crawling only anyways. Having the greater wheel speed is nice as long as you don't sacrifice too much low-end. Was able to pull up a slippery and steep log filled slope due to wheel speed at a comp on Sunday, as opposed to a few other trucks that didn't have the wheel speed. Those with more torque just were spinning wheels.

Sounds like what the doctor ordered then !
I found a couple older Thunder Power 2100 20C and a Eflight 2100 3s 30C flight packs at the HobbyShop where I work, I'll try these befor I go ahead and buy some. The voltage only bumps my speed up 5mph but should def offer up the RIP I need. I broke that CVD last weekend and can't find any Axial one's except in Canada, they wouldn't be delivered in time of this weekend so I bought a pair of the HotRacing CVDs from Bizaar on Fleabay. I have little hopes of them lasting worth a shit but better than sitting at home on a Sunday ?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

I knew it was to good to be true !
I ran my wraith with 2 servos off of the Viper BEC last week end and it performed beautifully, I plugged the pack in last night to do a bench test and it just stopped ? No smoke, no noise just Nothing ? I called Viper today and after a quick explanation the tech guys said the BEC is toast, he went on to say send it in we'll repair or send another within a WEEK free of charge. Awesome !
I guess the MMP and BEC Pro are going in now.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Sweet truck, I really like the 4ws steer
I'm going to have look at getting this set up on mine now.
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Bro.

The rear steer is a awesome thing to have and tons of fun, I've also run 4WS in my Electric converted Losi LST/XXL befor and it was pretty kickass as well.

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 01-12-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

nice wriath, i really like the burnt orange colored panels.
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Sweet bro! I like the 4ws !
RCRockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelKID984 View Post
nice wriath, i really like the burnt orange colored panels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRockstar View Post
Sweet bro! I like the 4ws !

Thanks guys, I actually had a 1/2 pint of Automotive Base/Coat made to match the Viper motor/ESC, I had the paint store just slightly alter a 2010 crysler color.

Well "Bob" and I had a chat and both decided to make some aluminum body panels for the rear of his Wraith. Ol' Bob does good work

Old 01-15-2012, 03:11 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

that looks super badass, cant wait to get one and build it up..
wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

I spent the last couple hours making a LED rig for the roof of my Wrath, I have it all wired up and it will plug into the Receiver so no extra battery or 9v to lug around or worry about. I'm going to order another center roof section and make this roof panel permanent to the cage top. This will simplify if I want to put the stock roof back on for daytime crawling and better COG. 6 screws and unplug the harness and its done. Another reason I've done it this way is because to separate the chassis from the roll cage there's all kinds of wires going every which way and the LEDS will obviously add more crap to deal with. I'm prob going to be trying various motors in this so simplifying the extra wires seemed just.

Like I said, I have to shorten and final wire everything & hot glue the wires permanently to the roof.

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 01-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

If your using the dinky v4 roof, I found that the medium round axial lenses will work perfect on them. Just drill two holes for each lense for the locating pins and sho goo them in.
docsrcrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Thanks but to late now, these lil bastards are hot glued in and aint comin' out.

I've decided I'm gonna spring for the light kit from Axial as well, this thing will be seen by Planes LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #74
Quarry Creeper

i would be pround if i had that wraith. dam, i dont think you have left anything stock!!!
joelKID984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

and to think, i get to run my tamiya hilux into it every time he takes it out... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! getting mine soon, so there will be another here asap..
wmartinlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmartinlsmith View Post
and to think, i get to run my tamiya hilux into it every time he takes it out... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! getting mine soon, so there will be another here asap..
That Hilux of yours is a feking tank, you chip rocks when you bump into them. LMK when your ready for me to order your Wraith bro, we'll git er done and have it the same week.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Ben tinkering the last couple days and did quit a bit.

I backed the side panels witha bright orange decal even tho you dont see it much, help protect the paint at least.

Worked on bettering the steering front and back, I have a lot more throw on the front.

Stole the Viper ESC from my AE SC10 and installed it in the Wraith, unsensored driving a crawler sucks mule balls, I just couldn't bare to run it again unsensored. Brushed or Sensored if most def the way to go with a crawler. Lesson learned.

I also installed the Castle BEC-Pro and have everything all wired up nice and neat.

I also finished up the lights, wow are these suckers bright ! Also installed a couple extra for a total of 12 in the roof and also ordered the Axial light pack which will add another 6(4 on the front and 2 rear)

The roof is powered by a ThunderPower 2s 730mah, should power the lights for a extremely extended period ?

The open area in the back was looking like it needed something so I made a entire cover and sprayed it with the lexan chrome paint. It looked ok but still wasn't the look so I covered it with CF decal. Was happy w/that.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Bumping up the power, just received a Tekin SC4 5.5 today ! Looking forward to getting this beast wired up for some testing.

Tekin - Redline SC4X Sensored Brushless Motors
Old 02-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

The Tekin SC4 motor is the SHIZ !!!! Very happy with it...

Ol Bob said he wanted new body so we combined our efforts and used a Parma Saturn View body I painted a couple years ago and cut it up to fit the Wraith cage. We also deanodized the Orange Aluminum rims for a more natural look, he and I are both content with the efforts.

Last edited by BONDONUTZ; 02-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #80
Rock Stacker

Bob looks thrilled! Can we drive your 1:1 Jeep like a Wraith tomorrow?
stpete40 is offline   Reply With Quote

BONDO's WRAITH BUILD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First build..Mini Wraith 671 Crawler Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 22 10-18-2012 07:18 PM
My Wrecked Wraith build TXJeeper1 2.2 Scale Rigs 87 03-27-2012 11:45 AM
Bondo's Creeper bondo303 Venom Creeper 14 01-20-2012 08:55 PM
my wraith build Slap204 Axial Wraith 0 11-14-2011 10:47 AM
Wraith build pwrwgn2000 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 10-17-2011 07:27 AM