Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: AE -5 Esc blinking red light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

Default AE -5 Esc blinking red light

I need some help! I got a Spawn that I've only had for about a month. I've taken it out 5 or 6 times with no problems. I took it out today and ran one battery though it fine and then changed the battery with a fully charged one. About 15 mins in all the sudden it acted like it had interference. It would move and steer without even touching the remote. At one point it got stuck turned left. I changed batteries twice and messed with the trims to no avail. I moved to a different area and all the sudden it worked okay. I went to run it again and then it completely stopped working and the esc keeps blinking red. I thought it was a remote binding issue so I tried to bind the receiver and remote but the receiver led didn't blink at all. I can't find anything online about it so I figured I'd post here and I'll probably call Axial on Mon. Sorry for being so long winded and thanks to anyone who reads this.
Norcalwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: AE -5 Esc blinking red light

I have had a similar problem with another esc. It would go in reverse after a hard bashing with a 4000 mah 2s 20c lipo and it was because the esc was over heating
legoman819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #3

I thought it might be the same thing but the esc is cooled now but still doesn't work
Old 01-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #4

I have a Spawn and I didn't even get mine outside to run after only having it 2 weeks and my esc caught fire. It was doing the exact same things you said and that was only running it through the house. The only thing I did to the esc was put a Deans plug on it because they are a better connector. I called Axial and was like WTF and they are sending me a new one that should be here this week no questions asked. Hopefully they will do the same for you.
FortCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #5

Yeah I'm going to call them tomorrow crossing my fingers and hoping they do the same for me.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:40 AM   #6

I called the Axial today and they said they're sending me a new esc and it should be here in a few days. Just wanted to update the post for anyone else.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm hoping the ESC is the cause and this fixes it for you but if not test with the servo disconnected. I have had similar symptoms with a failed servo.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:31 AM   #8

Well Wiz you were right haha I haven't got the esc yet but I tried the truck with the servo disconnected and it was fine. So I called Axial back and told them that and they sent me a new servo. I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed with their customer service because I told them the esc was already being sent and I asked if I should send it back, they said to keep it for a spare, all for no charge to me. I know it sucks that the stuff broke but the fact that they're replacing with no questions asked and no charge is cool with me.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Win for you then. A Spare ESC is good.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote

AE -5 Esc blinking red light - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial AE-1 ESC problems. red/green blinking, does nothing. fastline Electronics 1 11-10-2014 09:39 PM
Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power Flatty Electronics 18 06-04-2012 08:28 PM
Punk dig light is blinking Bergm@n Electronics 6 01-05-2012 01:37 PM
MMP Yellow light blinking and won't stop!! Twisted Nuts Electronics 8 06-03-2010 11:19 AM
No Reverse, Red Light on ESC noobdude Electronics 4 02-22-2010 11:55 PM