Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service...

I had an issue with a wraith radio, Picked up the phone and called customer service problem solved! I recived the unit in 5 days, good ship time from cali to indiana. As far as gp now owning them, I didn't here that but I did notice horizen was no longer carring the product. Thats a shame. horizen hobbies has the best costomer support in the business.
notfastenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Buy out or not customer service shouldn't be affected period! Companies change ownership all the time without customer service being horrible! My first crawler was a redcat rs10 i fried the esc after two months and there customer service had me a new one in 4 days there customer service was alot faster and there the so called "Black Sheep" of the rc crawling world!
chevysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #23

Dec 5 I posted on here about my defective radio-the morning after I purchased my wraith. Mailed my radio back to Axial after calling them, have yet to get a response to follow up mail and voicemail.
blooton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Just spoke with "Scott Kerkes". They are sending a new speed control out today!
NFA Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
Just spoke with "Scott Kerkes". They are sending a new speed control out today!

Scott is great, I put a new set of universals in my Wraith and ran it for the 1st time today and after about 5min or so 1 uni broke just running in short grass in my backyard, He told me to send a pic to his email and he would send a new one out, Will see but if so that's GREAT CS
OfnaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxshipp View Post
I'm not complaining about how it has to be changed, but it sure would've been nice to know this before. I'd read the entire manual before I ordered my Wraith and nowhere does it say this. wait anohter month for my castle links to arrive so I can reprogram my ESC.

Love my Wraith, just hate that I'm sitting here waiting for the link so I can ruse these lipos.
That is a complete load of BS. I know for a fact that you can turn on the lipo cutoff WITHOUT the Catle Link on the Sidewinder using the blinky LED menu system using the radio's throttle/brake to change selections. I did this with my Sidewinder in another vehicle before I had a Castle Link.

Start reading at page 20 of the Sidewinder manual here. It gives instructions on how to do that.

Give it a try and see if it works. I would be surprised if it didn't.

Last edited by AbstractZen; 01-23-2012 at 06:55 PM.
AbstractZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #27

I have not had problem one with them, they have a phone number for a reason dude... Just saying. I would have called them before I complained this long or just ordered a lesser product. If you are ordering from a retailer then that explains your price hike. I am not trying to be a dick, I have had a long wait for an email response. I just email the guy that responed to me and that solved the problem.
haines12121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Axial Customer Service Rocks!!! On Jan. 11th I inquired via email about the availability of the Wraith universals. Literally 3 minutes later Scott responded saying that a bunch (a couple hundred) had been shipped to distributors. Since I had mine on back order for three plus weeks I was hopeful that I'd get a set. Unfortunately it didn't work out. Fast forward three weeks to yesterday, I emailed Scott again inquiring about the universal availability. In that email I mentioned the name of my local hobby shop that I placed the order with back in December. Later in the day he responded with "call me." I talked to Scott this morning and was blown away when he told me that a set was shipped directly to my hobby shop with my name on them. Wow!!! Now that's customer service!!!
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #29

update from above post. got a new radio back last thursday, opened the package and they did not send me a receiver back which which i included in my original parcel. they did include a half sheet of axial stickers. they were closed friday and i called today, they will ship me a receiver.
so for the approx $20 cdn shipping I had to pay, on top of the price of the new truck, after two months i still own a vehicle that was not driveable from day one.
yes i have another radio that i have been using, but what if i was new to the hobby...pretty disappointing.
blooton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

I hear you, I have been seeing this on all the forums. They are in need of some PR over there, with the TF2 around the corner we can see who is listening.
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

I'm still waiting too. Scott said he sent me a new Wraith universal to replace my broke one after 5min of easy running. That was on 1/23 and still not here.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #32

I recieved a new kit last week. It has missing parts fro the shock tree and no left hand frame.
Axial didnt want to know about it, worst attitude i have expierenced in this hobby. Lucky for me Tower are taking care of it.
This taught me a lesson and i cancelled my AXO and Dingo order
ozace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I've had issues with customer service from other companies in the past, and ultimately, this was taken care of, so I can get past it. But the price increases at Axial lately are keeping any of my future Axial purchases on hold.

I ended up spending the money I saved for another Wraith and SCX10 purchase on a new RTR Plane and Simulator (Never flew prior to this). I have been looking for an excuse to get into planes anyway, so I guess I can send a thank you to Axial for the price increase! It's the best thing I have done RC-wise in a long time.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

We talk about the customer service being good. How nice. What about a quality product? I broke another bloody part last weekend. Ordered upgrades. Trying to install them I broke another part just trying to take it apart. Now I need a new rear drive shaft and can hopefully salvage the bevel gear shaft because I cant get the pin out for the driveshaft. I have never had to upgrade an r/c like I have this axial Wraith. Everytime I have run it, something has broke. I hate this thing. But I have spent so much money on trying to keep in running, it would be a shame to shash the crap out of it with a hammer.

Worst purchase I have ever made. Sad thing is, I convinced a friend to buy one before this started happening.
OSWHollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #35
I joined the Band!

RC4WD is the way to Go...I never liked axial's stuff or their CS (and I have owned a few)...and personally I always thought their stuff was overpriced for the quality. TF2 in my future...done with axial
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullking View Post
RC4WD is the way to Go...I never liked axial's stuff or their CS (and I have owned a few)...and personally I always thought their stuff was overpriced for the quality. TF2 in my future...done with axial
After seeing build pics of the tf2, for the first time I'm inclined to side with you. As for Axial, I usually buy the pieces used and build up, so any probs I've had have either been dealt with already or I fix as I build sorta thing.

Last edited by Meatwad; 02-11-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Email or call again, they are awesome.

LIK
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Got my Wraith universal yesterday. I love my Axial crawlers, I love working on them, and upgrading them so most of the problems are just a excuse for me to buy more parts
Old 02-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Axial stuff reminds me a lot of my jeep. I love jeeps, but stock they suck and break. Now that all is left of the jeep is the body and part of the frame, it's great. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Thank goodness there are companies out there like VP, so we can build this stuff up so it won't break every-time it's driven.

For this reason, I am going another route for a go-fast rig. The EXO is out for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSWHollowpoint View Post
We talk about the customer service being good. How nice. What about a quality product? I broke another bloody part last weekend. Ordered upgrades. Trying to install them I broke another part just trying to take it apart. Now I need a new rear drive shaft and can hopefully salvage the bevel gear shaft because I cant get the pin out for the driveshaft. I have never had to upgrade an r/c like I have this axial Wraith. Everytime I have run it, something has broke. I hate this thing. But I have spent so much money on trying to keep in running, it would be a shame to shash the crap out of it with a hammer.

Worst purchase I have ever made. Sad thing is, I convinced a friend to buy one before this started happening.
Be careful dogging the driveshafts on this forum! People seem to have a hard on to say all you need to do is lock-tite the screws, ans use 2 screws! I am so sick of hearing this Jerry-rigging argument! It is a BS design, and this is one of the odd area's of RC where the Jerry rigging method is widely accepted!. Switch to Maxx Shafts and all your issues will be behind you!

Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial Customer Service r34sklnnsn Chit Chat 3 02-05-2011 05:16 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
customer service at Axial racing fixy Axial XR10 5 10-30-2010 01:01 AM
Customer Service NitroX Chit Chat 20 10-17-2008 12:18 AM