RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/359531-anyone-dealt-axial-customer-service.html)

NFA Fabrication 01-12-2012 09:28 PM

Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service...

I recently ordered 2 Wraith RTR's. 1 for me, and one for a friend (After ordering 2 SCX10's for us just a month before). One of the Wraiths came with a bunch of electrical issues, and after finally swapping a few electronic parts with one of the SCX10's, it was perfect after swapping in the ESC from one of the SCX10's.

After contacting Axial, and sending in the ESC per their instructions a week or two before Xmas, and sending them an email about two weeks ago, I have no received any response.

Is it common for long waits when dealing with Axial customer service? I got my reply from my initial email within a day or two, but since then have not heard a thing. I was even about to buy another SCX10, but noticed the huge price jump, and purchased a different brand truck instead. Basically wondering what other experiences people have had, and what I can expect...

Quartermaster 01-12-2012 10:26 PM

Re: Anyone Dealt With Axial Customer Service...

I think you should contact them again. "thumbsup"

The Violator 01-12-2012 10:50 PM

I sent them pics of my broken Wraith and they were nice, asked me for my address and told me they would take care of me and make it worth it for my trouble. Asked me what size shirt I wear and everything. About 2 months later I got a replacement universal in the mail.

joelKID984 01-12-2012 10:52 PM

i would contact the magain, sometimes people accindally delete your emails. ive contacted axial before about an scx10 mod and how i would do it. and like a couple of days later, i got detailed instructions parts list with prices. was SO happy and saved me LOADS of time. so, ive never had trouble.

NFA Fabrication 01-12-2012 10:58 PM

Good to hear an overall positive consensus. I just wish I had sent the whole truck back to Tower Hobbies now though. I hate looking at a brand new truck I can't drive. Driving me a bit insane...

theiceman72 01-12-2012 11:07 PM

I have and it sucks.So far I have felt with two people Scott and another gentleman. THe other dude which did not give me his name was a complete dick. I was told to send him an email and I too have not gotten any response. I can tell you what, I will NEVER EVER buy another product from them again.

crawlhog 01-13-2012 07:28 AM

ive dealt with them several times, every issue i had they responded quickly and sent me replacement parts within a few days. the last problem was the short shaft on the wraith and they sent the new part in 4 days.

GrimJeeper91 01-13-2012 07:37 AM

This week I sent them an email inquiry about the status of replacement Wraith universals. It took all of 60 seconds to get a response. A follow up question was again responded to immediately. They were simple questions but I still appreciated the fast response.

NFA Fabrication 01-20-2012 11:25 PM

Still have not heard back. This is getting pretty frustrating. From now on, I will just deal with the retailer on exchanges, and bypass Axial, I don't have this kind of time to deal with this type of stuff.

Are there any Axial reps on this board? I am at a complete loss at this point, and not sure what to do...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91 (Post 3503193)
This week I sent them an email inquiry about the status of replacement Wraith universals. It took all of 60 seconds to get a response. A follow up question was again responded to immediately. They were simple questions but I still appreciated the fast response.

Do you have the email address handy you have for them? The one listed on their site is apparently worthless.

Fanfor88 01-20-2012 11:47 PM

My Wraith came with a missing lens in the back so i emailed them about sending me one and they took my address and i got it a few days later,no questions asked "thumbsup"

NFA Fabrication 01-21-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanfor88 (Post 3520011)
My Wraith came with a missing lens in the back so i emailed them about sending me one and they took my address and i got it a few days later,no questions asked "thumbsup"

Hmmm, I am really getting concerned then. It seems like the larger ticket items are getting the back burner. I have purchased 4 brand new RTR Axial vehicles in the last 3-4 months. Would have been 2 more if it weren't for the huge jump in SCX10 price. Almost a month since they have received it going by tracking number (Dec. 24th). No response to emails, no part back. Really starting to regret investing so much in their products then getting treated like this.

bmxshipp 01-21-2012 10:49 AM

I've had only one dealing with them. My Wraith came from the factory with the low voltage cut off turned off even though the manual says it should be on. This was a good thing because i wasnt running Lipos at the time.
Well I finally ordered Lipos and had them shipped to me here in Afghanistan and the day I ordered them I emailed both Castle Creations and Axial asking how to turn on the low voltage. Castle emailed me back within 24 hrs, telling me I needed to contact Axial directly. A week later I received an email back from Axial stating that I needed the Castle Link in order to change it. So now I'm sitting here having to wait anohter month for my castle links to arrive so I can reprogram my ESC.

I'm not complaining about how it has to be changed, but it sure would've been nice to know this before. I'd read the entire manual before I ordered my Wraith and nowhere does it say this.

Love my Wraith, just hate that I'm sitting here waiting for the link so I can ruse these lipos.

madkawi650 01-21-2012 11:05 AM

This may only be rumor, but I know I read somewhere that you can switch a few things on your axial/castle ESC with a complicated series of commands from the Tx when in a program sequence.. I'll try to find where I read it.. Don't know if it's true,, just something I read.

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk

calikrawler 01-21-2012 12:23 PM

they have a phone number use it...

mcap 01-22-2012 12:22 PM

I was having an issue with the Radio on a new axial and the dude said there is only a 10 day warranty on electronics. Thats just ridiculous, must not have too much confidence in some of their products. Fortunately, my trucks have been issue free...

NFA Fabrication 01-22-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calikrawler (Post 3520869)
they have a phone number use it...

I am obviously forced to do this at this point, but I prefer email, as there is a record of the conversation, so any previous conversations can be referenced.

chevysucks 01-22-2012 05:43 PM

I had some missing parts right out of the box sent them an email no reply! 2 days later the stock motor fried, so I called them "Scott" looked up the email found it said he would get the replacement parts and a new motor to me!!!

That was on the 1-8-12 said it would take 4 days to get to Utah nothing has shown up yet! I even called him back on the 15th he said he would get it tracked down, I would receive it by the 20th! Still nothing starting to get upset I know the stock motor isn't a big deal to me but the missing parts are!!! IMO there customer service sucks!!!!!! I will be making another phone call in the morning to complain!

jthellfire911 01-22-2012 05:51 PM

I hope you guys learn to calm down. Axial was just bought out by GP. Give them a little while to get everything settled and working again. Patience is key guys.

AsILayDying 01-22-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthellfire911 (Post 3523541)
I hope you guys learn to calm down. Axial was just bought out by GP. Give them a little while to get everything settled and working again. Patience is key guys.

Honestly I have not had to deal with the Customer Service aspect of Axial so I have been lucky there. But saying be patient is key is an absolute joke. Regardless of the buyout or whatever it is going on, the most important part of a company like Axial is its CUSTOMERS. Without them they are nothing but parts on shelves.

Most of the crawler/scaler people on this site are multiple rig owners and back thier rigs greatly. If they are having problems they will advise others to look elsewhere when buying a new rig. I myself own 3 different newer Axial rigs (2 SCX10's and a Wraith) I have spent a good amount on rigs as well as aftermarket parts. If I have an issue and its not handled within a short amount of time (respectable amount) I would really start to change my thoughts on what company to purchase my RC vehicles from. There are enough trucks out there these days and enough aftermarket parts to buy pretty much any base rig and convert it to what you want.

I hope you all get the help you are looking for. This is one reason I deal DIRECTLY with my LHS. I even discuss this before I take it home. Mentioning something along the lines.... If I get home and within the first couple days if I have a major issue you guys will take care of me right? I have been lucky and issues I have had have all been handled accordingly. (bad BL Motor, bad ESC, missing parts, broken parts....etc.) "thumbsup"

Meatwad 01-22-2012 06:07 PM

The couple of small issues and another few comments/curiosities about products have always been handled well and quick. But I called in the morning soon after they opened. Email is quick and convenient but a voice on the other end is a lil harder to dismiss.