Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

Thread: Ripsaws + SLW V4 Losing Bead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Ripsaws + SLW V4 Losing Bead

Heya,

Running my Wraith with the Ripsaw tires it came with, mounted on some SLW V4 wheels... Bashing around in the dirt with a Pro4 3300 on 2S or 3S and it's rare I get through a full pack without at least one tire losing the bead partially or occasionally entirely... Is there a trick to getting the beadlock rings on properly, or should I be looking at different wheels for higher-speed non-crawling activities?
cyrusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Ripsaws + SLW V4 Losing Bead

RTR or kit Ripsaws? I have the kit tires on my SLW V4s & haven't had a problem. They mount up easy & I haven't lost a bead yet.
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Kit - interesting that you've not had the same issue! Have the same wheels on my AX-10 with Rovers and it works great (but doesn't go nearly as fast, so...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillie View Post
RTR or kit Ripsaws? I have the kit tires on my SLW V4s & haven't had a problem. They mount up easy & I haven't lost a bead yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Happened to me to and people called me crazy.

From what i got told was the bead on the R35 is different then most. It is pretty thin compared to other tires ive used.. Ive already ripped 2 @ the bead..

If you put the beadlock ring on the wheel without the tire you can see the area the tire sits is bigger then the bead of the tire.. Atleast mine use to be.. E-Mail Vanquish and inform them of your problem, They took care of me - Tell them you had the same issue i had. Machining the beadlock ring fix's the issue..

Last edited by DiEzel; 01-07-2012 at 10:46 PM.
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I ended up gluing my tires to my RC4WD wheels because they would not hold the bead. A little glue ends a lot of headache. Use the dollar store super glue and it should come back apart without to much issue.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Whew - glad it's not just me

Thanks, will shoot them an email today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
Happened to me to and people called me crazy.

From what i got told was the bead on the R35 is different then most. It is pretty thin compared to other tires ive used.. Ive already ripped 2 @ the bead..

If you put the beadlock ring on the wheel without the tire you can see the area the tire sits is bigger then the bead of the tire.. Atleast mine use to be.. E-Mail Vanquish and inform them of your problem, They took care of me - Tell them you had the same issue i had. Machining the beadlock ring fix's the issue..

Old 01-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Mine are holding ripsaws without any problems but I'm setup for crawling more than anything and have virtually no top end speed at all.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I sent a message to VP through their website and this is what I wrote them:

I would like to buy a set of SLW 2.2 crawler wheels (don't know which model yet) for my wraith. However, I have read at RCCrawler forum that if you put the beadlock ring on the wheel without the tire you can see the area the tire sits is bigger then the bead of the tire (R35 compound Ripsaw tires in the kit version). So, you all machined the beadlock rings, so that it would be tighter to the bead of the tire. Could you all at VP do this for me, before you send out my order, so that I don't have to send them back for you to machine them? Here is the URL to the actual thread at the forum: Ripsaws + SLW V4 Losing Bead

Please let me know.

This is the reply I received:

Hi Lawrence
We had him test a future possible product he wasn't to say anything and report on his findings, what we got back in return was him posting it on the web without our perision and no report on how they work. Sorry for any confusion, it is still under consideration for a new product, but not at this time.
Thanks Rob
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ripsaws + SLW V4 Losing Bead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R4wd 1.9 bogger losing bead?? Tklan Crawler Tires and Wheels 6 04-15-2011 05:52 PM