RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/)
-   -   Hoosiers Rubi-Wraith (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/365279-hoosiers-rubi-wraith.html)

Hoosierdady 03-13-2012 07:36 AM

Re: Hoosiers Rubi-Wraith

I got my 350 hubs in, here's how she sits as of right now.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/DSCF2005.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/DSCF1998.jpg

I have the hood mocked up, I'm going to paint the center portion of the hood and the roof flat black and then use micro screws to hold the hinges and add a little scale touch to em. I also used a drop of ShooGoo under the hinges too.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/DSCF2002.jpg

Here's a shot of the antenna. I have alot of scale stuff coming in within the next few days. MAYBE Castle will get around to returning my D#$% esc before the warranty is up! :evil:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...8/DSCF2003.jpg

toy4crawlin 03-13-2012 08:28 AM

nice rig
put her n the dirt and post a pic

Hoosierdady 03-13-2012 08:38 AM

Thanks. I thought about it, but I'm not done yet. I have to finish the paint, hinges and instal the scale acc too. Plus it doesnt run as of now.

Hoosierdady 03-14-2012 02:19 PM

any ideas on a rear bumper? Should it even have one? If so, what style. I'm not going to spend alot of money for one, so keep that in mind if you have any suggestions.

dunerinaz 03-14-2012 04:33 PM

If you could somehow fab one with a swing open spare tire carrier, that would be pretty cool with the Rubicon body.

losilover 03-14-2012 09:21 PM

I wish I had the skill or pocket to build this thing.:cry: But great build! looks sweet!

Hoosierdady 03-15-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losilover (Post 3629679)
I wish I had the skill or pocket to build this thing.:cry: But great build! looks sweet!

Thanks. I started out with a Maisto, rs10xt, WK and then this. Save your money and build up to it. Nobody goes out and drops $2,000 on a truck right ot the gate. The Maisto and redcat were my "gateway drug" I guess you could say. Now I'm a full blown addict. :twisted:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunerinaz (Post 3629103)
If you could somehow fab one with a swing open spare tire carrier, that would be pretty cool with the Rubicon body.

Yeah, Ive thought about that. But the problem with a spare is that I have to buy another set of stars and hubs, tire, plus fab or buy the bumper too. Either way I dont want to spend over $100 just for the spare and not even get into what the bumper would run me. Most of these high end nice bumpers run about $100 too. So around $200 just to have a spare and rear bumper? I think I'll pass on that option. But good idea though. I'd look sick.

greener2732 03-15-2012 07:11 AM

Looks great, inspiration to start upgrading mine - good job!! "thumbsup"

Hoosierdady 03-16-2012 07:34 AM

upgrade away. There are alot of awesome vendors on here with top notch parts.

I picked up a Heyok winch controller the other day. I figured whats a winch if its not functional. Other than that and the addition of a few scale items I'm stuck on stupid for the time being.

dunerinaz 03-16-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoosierdady (Post 3632166)
upgrade away. There are alot of awesome vendors on here with top notch parts.

I picked up a Heyok winch controller the other day. I figured whats a winch if its not functional. Other than that and the addition of a few scale items I'm stuck on stupid for the time being.

I'll be curious what your thoughts on the controller will be. I've been considering a winch as well. I just picked up one of his BEC's and he made it adjustable from 5v to 10v so when I switch to a HV servo I can simply adjust it with a volt meter to the desired voltage.

Hoosierdady 03-16-2012 12:19 PM

ive heard good things about him, his product and customer service. I have absolutely no worries about running it. I went with Castle on the bec though. With them you can hook up the link to program it as you like. With me getting the MMP I had to have the link anyways, so for me it was a nobrainer.

TW31 03-16-2012 03:01 PM

I just picked up the RUBI body kit and it seems to be pretty nice. I will try and get some pic’s up soon but the blue that you used here is crazy bright!

Hoosierdady 03-16-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW31 (Post 3632906)
I just picked up the RUBI body kit and it seems to be pretty nice. I will try and get some pic’s up soon but the blue that you used here is crazy bright!

Yeah, its bright and a PITA to do. It's Pactra neon blue. It's very runny and hard to pull off. Stick with the metallic or solid colors. I have a few messed up spots on mine, but I can live with it.

mtgrizzlymn 03-18-2012 12:25 AM

Very nice rig i did orange and black but was curious where did you get the headlights and taillights?

MarkG35 03-18-2012 09:19 AM

Man,That's really nice!

I have a question on the Rubi body. Do you have to cut the hood access out?

If so,How did you do it?

Thanks

Dynamic Concepts 03-18-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW31 (Post 3632906)

I had better luck using a solid blue... Pactra Blue Streak RC252. I have found metallic blue to be thin and hard to apply, out of a spray can, anyway....:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkG35 (Post 3635571)
Man,That's really nice!

I have a question on the Rubi body. Do you have to cut the hood access out?

If so,How did you do it?
Thanks

I have cut a few Rubi bodies for hood access. I did so by cutting along the indented hood line at the back of the hood near the cowl, and also by cutting around the grill along the indented line. Finally, I used Dubro aircraft hinges for function and a scale look.

mtgrizzlymn 03-18-2012 12:20 PM

Magnets worked for me to hold front down 2over each screw shuts nice where did the headlights come from

Hoosierdady 03-19-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn (Post 3635852)
Magnets worked for me to hold front down 2over each screw shuts nice where did the headlights come from

I've used magnets before, They dont like to hold on a rock roll, but then again I havent tried them on these hoods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn (Post 3635314)
Very nice rig i did orange and black but was curious where did you get the headlights and taillights?

Those came from billscustomrclighting.com his LEDs' are nice, they work when you get em and he has metal led bezels he sends out with the kits. He does custom work ranging from your basic 6 led setups to a full out 14 led setup. Awesome guy to deal with too. I've bought prolly 3 kits from him. Never a complaint. I used light buckets from a cheep single LED portable book light. I found them at a flea market for a couple bucks. Makes a huge difference in the appearance and the light output.

Still on week 3 waitin for Castle to send word on my esc. 3 emails and 2 phone calls and nothing but automated responses. I have one that said I would recieve a email within 24-48 hours, that was a week ago. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am in retail sales and have been for over 6 yrs. I can honestly say that if I treated my customers like this I would have been out on the streets years ago. The issue sucks, dont get me wrong. But not hearing anything, not knowing where I stand and having my rig just sitting there is the worst feeling. I'm trying to bite my tongue and wait patiently, but it gets harder to do with every passing week and every ignored attempt to make contact.

mtgrizzlymn 03-19-2012 05:57 PM

We have 2hpi apache sct one day lost both speed controls they have had them for a month now and said 3more weeks i will never buy an hpi product again we got to play for 3battery packs and that was it for mine sons went 2later lotsa money for 1day of running

Natedog 03-20-2012 10:04 PM

Hope you get your bec back soon, took me three months to get my Mamba Monster setup back from them last summer. I ran it maybe 5 minutes brand new and it crapped out. :( The replacement finally got here and worked flawlessly, but the wait for it was too long.